Author Topic: omahahaha hurts my head :(  (Read 4442 times)

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
omahahaha hurts my head :(
« on: January 04, 2012, 18:40:16 PM »
This has litterally just happened to me...

I have been fairly loose aggressive and won alot of pots on the flop by betting.

I KNOW its a raggy as hell hand... but i was running over the table...

No history with the villain, he has just sat down.

PokerStars Game #73280779306:  Omaha Pot Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2012/01/04 18:35:09 WET [2012/01/04 13:35:09 ET]
Table "Kilia V" 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Matrim_L ($21.55 in chips)
Seat 2: $chnup$i ($50 in chips)
Seat 3: fatcatstu ($82.80 in chips)
Seat 4: harasfunk ($55.65 in chips)
Seat 5: rirarumpel ($12.10 in chips)
Seat 6: Nova011 ($30.45 in chips)
Matrim_L: posts small blind $0.25
$chnup$i: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to fatcatstu [Jh 7d 2c Ad]
fatcatstu: raises $1.25 to $1.75
harasfunk: folds
rirarumpel: folds
Nova011: calls $1.75
Matrim_L: folds
$chnup$i: calls $1.25
*** FLOP *** [Kh Jd Js]
$chnup$i: checks
fatcatstu: bets $3
Nova011: folds
$chnup$i: calls $3
*** TURN *** [Kh Jd Js] [7s]
$chnup$i: checks
fatcatstu: bets $6
$chnup$i: raises $8 to $14
fatcatstu: calls $8
*** RIVER *** [Kh Jd Js 7s] [Kc]
$chnup$i: bets $31.25 and is all-in
fatcatstu: ??????
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: omahahaha hurts my head :(
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 19:03:17 PM »
Fold pre...

But as played...never ever folding.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 19:30:54 PM »

Fold pre...

But as played...never ever folding.

What the designated scribe, travelling guru, tour leader, Omaha officionado said :)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 19:35:41 PM »
I actually sit out pre and find a better table.  But yea...theres pretty much never an excuse to open this utg, esp w/ awkward stack sizes around.

I wana make a very nitty fold on the turn.  People really do not bluff turns that much, esp when u have shown strength by leading into 2 ppl on the flop and then barrelling, and his bet-sizing is pretty strong.  In game, I usually just mash call and then moan tho.  Once we call the turn, we cant possibly fold river.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 20:41:41 PM »
Fold pre for sure, not folding river though.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 21:18:41 PM »
OK, yeah fold pre BUT you can play this type of hand especially as you have an edge on the table, I would just prefer to do it in position. I may well raise it pre as well.

The flop is OK for your hand, sort of. I mean you have trips with top kicker so you are probably ahead but I don"t see how we are winning a big pot. I would bet anyway as there are two of them in the hand and if I take it down here fine if they call I am reassessing on the turn. Only one calls.

He could have a king here or he could have a jack with a worse kicker? Has he flatted with AA and got stubborn maybe, or has he flatted with KK, both are pretty reasonable to do OOP in a pot that is likely to go multi-way. KJ is also in his range, for these reasons I am proceeding with caution. There are no real draws he should have. I do want to get to showdown but don"t want a huge pot.

My plan would have been to check behind if a blank hits the turn, then it complicates things by giving us a full house. Has our hand really changed though? What were we losing too on the flop that we now beat? Not a lot although we now do beat another AJ. I think we should check behind on the turn then we will be able to get to showdown with our good but not great hand and not end up with stacks in. He might also bluff at the river which we can call.

Betting the turn is not that bad of course, if he calls I would be happy enough. I don"t like it when he raises. People don"t do this kind of thing in PLO with on paired boards without a FH usually. We also have a FH but unless he has 77 which I can"t put him on we are beat. I don"t even think this fold is that nitty. Fold it there and then. If we call then we are I presume trying to get a cheap showdown which we should have done by checking on the turn.

The river is another king. This again actually changes very little, we still beat everything we beat before and lose to everything we lost too (except K-7 but thats unlikely). He shoves, this is horrible, as the river in theory made our hand stronger. I still don"t like it, he has played it like it"s KK or KJ. You have shown strength and he does not seem worried. Although nothing has changed really all through the hand if I have got here I am folding on the river. We don"t need to compound previous mistakes.

Going back to what I said at the start, if you want to play these kinds of hands these kind of spots are going to come up.

as played - Fold River (yes really)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 21:22:33 PM by AAroddersAA »
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

JStarkey

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 17:13:36 PM »
Fold pre, Pot turn. As played I don"t see what we beat on the river so sigh fold.....

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 17:23:02 PM »

Fold pre, Pot turn. As played I don"t see what we beat on the river so sigh fold.....

We beat more on the river than we do on the turn.  Potting turn achieves nothing.  He is not raising turn with K7, so all the river does is remove combinations of KJ and KK from his range.  
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 21:42:48 PM »
As played, the min+ raise on turn suggests he"s beating you badly on that river so fold and gather more info about villain before clashing again. Could also be doing this with any Jack or air in position but lick your wounds for now regardless.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 07:49:49 AM »
Yeah i folded the river, and afterwards was pretty sure if i am folding the river i should be folding the turn, as chances are the river didnt change anything.

I usually have a far far farrrrrr tighter starting range than this in omaha, but as i said i was crushing the table to bits. had taken my $50 up to over $80 without seeing a showdown.

But im still learning the game and all advice is greatly received, i will be putting more hands up on here
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Pitchie

• Silver Member
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 14:00:05 PM »
Like Martin said, I make a nitty fold after getting raised on the turn. I doubt he"s ever making this raise as a bluff or with worse Jacks on the turn. Feel"s like value to me. Fold the river.

One note, even when your running over the table as you mentioned, I don"t like to play every hand. Out of position this is exactly the sort of situation you will find yourself in. The fact they"ve been playing tightly and are now coming after you on the turn makes it more of a fold than if you hadn"t been so active. Try not to be overly aggressive. I know... that"s a bit rich coming from me, but I"ve learnt the hard way that there are times to take the foot off a little!  :)

KKChancerKK

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 13:53:11 PM »

OK, yeah fold pre BUT you can play this type of hand especially as you have an edge on the table, I would just prefer to do it in position. I may well raise it pre as well.

The flop is OK for your hand, sort of. I mean you have trips with top kicker so you are probably ahead but I don"t see how we are winning a big pot. I would bet anyway as there are two of them in the hand and if I take it down here fine if they call I am reassessing on the turn. Only one calls.

He could have a king here or he could have a jack with a worse kicker? Has he flatted with AA and got stubborn maybe, or has he flatted with KK, both are pretty reasonable to do OOP in a pot that is likely to go multi-way. KJ is also in his range, for these reasons I am proceeding with caution. There are no real draws he should have. I do want to get to showdown but don"t want a huge pot.

My plan would have been to check behind if a blank hits the turn, then it complicates things by giving us a full house. Has our hand really changed though? What were we losing too on the flop that we now beat? Not a lot although we now do beat another AJ. I think we should check behind on the turn then we will be able to get to showdown with our good but not great hand and not end up with stacks in. He might also bluff at the river which we can call.

Betting the turn is not that bad of course, if he calls I would be happy enough. I don"t like it when he raises. People don"t do this kind of thing in PLO with on paired boards without a FH usually. We also have a FH but unless he has 77 which I can"t put him on we are beat. I don"t even think this fold is that nitty. Fold it there and then. If we call then we are I presume trying to get a cheap showdown which we should have done by checking on the turn.

The river is another king. This again actually changes very little, we still beat everything we beat before and lose to everything we lost too (except K-7 but thats unlikely). He shoves, this is horrible, as the river in theory made our hand stronger. I still don"t like it, he has played it like it"s KK or KJ. You have shown strength and he does not seem worried. Although nothing has changed really all through the hand if I have got here I am folding on the river. We don"t need to compound previous mistakes.

Going back to what I said at the start, if you want to play these kinds of hands these kind of spots are going to come up.

as played - Fold River (yes really)

As you have no history ... this is spot on