Author Topic: another 99 spot - is this always a shove?  (Read 3368 times)

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
another 99 spot - is this always a shove?
« on: January 15, 2012, 23:03:34 PM »
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Re: another 99 spot - is this always a shove?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 10:50:30 AM »
Well you obv make £50 by folding, and more than likely £100, looking at the stack sizes, so not an obv shove at all. It all boils down to whether that £100 is important to you or not, if it is fold, if not then shove.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 11:38:47 AM »
Beano min-raised UTG from a 20x stack with some pretty big stacks to get through - sign of uber-strength?  Monster stack has flat called. In the BB, I think a call is probably ok here, but never shoving with those two micro stacks..... it"s not about whether the extra £100 ladder is important or not - shoving into the UTG raiser"s range is simply -EV, especially with the table stacks as they are.     Naturally this is without any reads, tendencies, or history, etc.

I think AnGel missed a trick here - if he shoves, Beano (and those still to act) must surely fold all but the top 5% hands

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 14:57:17 PM »
I"m with Steve on this one. Happy to call here. Only 4k out of an 80k stack and 2 big stacks in the hand so if you hit your set you"ve a decent chance of getting paid. Obviously depends on other reads and other players tendencies but with the 2 tiny stacks still left chances are you really don"t want a call if you shove. Better spots imo.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 19:10:43 PM »

Beano min-raised UTG from a 20x stack with some pretty big stacks to get through - sign of uber-strength?  Monster stack has flat called. In the BB, I think a call is probably ok here, but never shoving with those two micro stacks..... it"s not about whether the extra £100 ladder is important or not - shoving into the UTG raiser"s range is simply -EV, especially with the table stacks as they are.     Naturally this is without any reads, tendencies, or history, etc.

I think AnGel missed a trick here - if he shoves, Beano (and those still to act) must surely fold all but the top 5% hands

+1

Though it is a really great spot for AnGel to ICM abuse by shoving, Beano would need TT+AKs about top 2.6% to make a mathematically correct call. Problem is, all that assumes Beano understands he needs to be super strong to call and that Angel understands the awesome potential for abusing.

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 18:24:29 PM »
thanks for the replies - I actually did flat call when I would normally shove. The thought of busting out before the micro stacks was too much to bear thinking about. I missed my 9, folded flop and went onto finish 4th, which wasn"t too bad

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D