Author Topic: B v B Calling ranges  (Read 7663 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: B v B Calling ranges
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »

I"m pretty ok with my shoving ranges, but I haven"t had as much practice on calling ranges...

I hear ya.

If you shove, you only need to win the hand on the occasions that you are called..... if you call, you need to win the hand most of the time (every time?)..... (unless of course, you are a huge stack and can afford to take the hit without if impacting your stack. Her 100k can knock a fair hole in your stack - that should have a reasonable impact on your calling range.)

That said though, per OP, I"m never folding an Ace, and probably not a K either, and will call as low as any suited queen, or any pair above say 66.

Your calling range will also impacted by the size of the other stacks, the timing on the clock, the prize ladder, etc.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »

Did she have "flutter her eyelashes" and "don"twanthertogetknockedoutcosshe"sfit" equity?

showing this some love :)
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 11:38:39 AM »

Did she have "flutter her eyelashes" and "don"twanthertogetknockedoutcosshe"sfit" equity?

At my age...
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 12:56:22 PM »
6 remain - I have c 450,000 CL has closer to 600,000

10000/20000/1000

Range to call? She has just under 100,000

on what steve said above -
making a call which u might think at the time maybe a -EV move can be ok sometimes David, when a short-stack SB pushes into your BB and the impact of losing 5BB"s from your stack wont effect you to much because every1 else is relatively short OR in terms of stack size to everyone else at the table your position/stack wont change to much then call fairly wide imho.... ICM is a useful tool to analyse spots like this, but sometimes u have to ignore it and use a little bit of logic and accept that a likely 30-60% flip might be beneficial to u.... sometimes there are valid reasons for what u might think is a -EV call :)

At my age...

if u fold will it increase your sugar daddy equity?