Author Topic: APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League  (Read 127592 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2012, 15:51:15 PM »

Think the League set-up looks superb Des. Just one thing (and I may have missed it, so apologies if it is already there) but, mostly for the new members who may sign up, are you going to post anything in the rules about "Team-Play" which is an obvious difference if you want a successful "Team" in this League?
  Put it in place now and avoid 95 pages of arguments later on!

Thanks Brian.  We wil be utilising the same rule for this as was written in Season 5.  They will be posted in advance of the League starting.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2012, 16:12:31 PM »

Think the League set-up looks superb Des. Just one thing (and I may have missed it, so apologies if it is already there) but, mostly for the new members who may sign up, are you going to post anything in the rules about "Team-Play" which is an obvious difference if you want a successful "Team" in this League?

Thanks Brian.  We wil be utilising the same rule for this as was written in Season 5.  They will be posted in advance of the League starting.

....with (hopefully) the caveat that if people prefer to play an individual game and thus end up knocking out "team-mates" they will not be shot at dawn or burned at the stake.
There"s going to be a significant multiple of $10 stakes at the payout end of each tourney and so we have to respect that some will be playing for the $$$ rather than the points. It could be $500 for the win - would you soft play the nuts against a team mate?
However the team dynamic does encourage "Team-Play" and those that wish to engage in that should also not be vilified for doing so. An interesting side to this is to know who in your team is doing which!!!!
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2012, 16:17:49 PM »

....with (hopefully) the caveat that if people prefer to play an individual game and thus end up knocking out "team-mates" they will not be shot at dawn or burned at the stake.
There"s going to be a significant multiple of $10 stakes at the payout end of each tourney and so we have to respect that some will be playing for the $$$ rather than the points. It could be $500 for the win - would you soft play the nuts against a team mate?
However the team dynamic does encourage "Team-Play" and those that wish to engage in that should also not be vilified for doing so. An interesting side to this is to know who in your team is doing which!!!!

Completely agree.  Personally I would play strategically against specific opponents but never soft play.

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2012, 18:32:41 PM »

It was for precisely this reason that I withdrew from the league last season. I was playing for and with the team, and was then twice was knocked out by chip-hungry team mates who were only playing for themselves.
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

CUFCrp

« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2012, 18:57:13 PM »
I really like this but hope at least some of the matchdays are on nights I don"t work! Those being tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays!

shug

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2012, 19:19:20 PM »

Is the starting stack and blinds a bit on the deep side?

What time would you expect the games to finish?

Roughly:

Assuming 200-250 runners then the game will take between 6 to 6.5 hours, so finish between 2-2:30 am.

Assuming 150-200 runners then the game will take between 5.5 to 6 hours, so finish between 1:30-2 am.

Assuming 100-150 runners then the game will take between 5 to 5.5 hours, so finish between 1-1:30 am.

if this calculation is correct then won`t it be putting off a lot of players who have to get up for work on a Monday morning?  
2012 Home International Team Championships Gold Medal Winner... SCOTLAND

cashman

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2012, 19:22:45 PM »

I really like this but hope at least some of the matchdays are on nights I don"t work! Those being tuesdays, thursdays, and saturdays!

the matchdays are always on sundays.
TEAM GOTHAM  (penguin)
Gold Medalist APAT ECOAP 2012 for Team Republic of Ireland

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2012, 19:34:03 PM »
Ian....come and buy a caravan in the West Midlands and then I will sign you up. You can even bring your Brother Mike with you if you want  ;D
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2012, 19:48:29 PM »
 So what if it finishes 2 am. Cant see why people are worried, you dont have to watch if you go bust before final table. If you make final then there is a chance to make money and get individual and team points. And if you have to be at work in morning you are still getting 6 hours sleep.
Personally i didnt play much before because i didnt like the other sites, but i also found the tournys too fast, so maybe from a selfish POV i think this is great.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2012, 20:10:34 PM »

So what if it finishes 2 am.... And if you have to be at work in morning you are still getting 6 hours sleep.

lol - must be nice to be able to get up at 8am for work :)
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2012, 20:42:27 PM »

Prizes

Prizes will be allocated based on both team and individual performance.

Team:

The three best performing members of the winning team will be awarded a PokerStars.com UKIPT seat each.
The three best performing members of the runner up team will be awarded a $215 PokerStars Sunday Million entry each.
The three best performing members of the third placed team will be awarded a $109 PokerStars Sunday Kickoff entry each.

Q. How does it reward the TEAM if only the top 3 scoring players in the team get any reward?

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2012, 20:46:23 PM »

Prizes

Team:

The three best performing members of the winning team will be awarded a PokerStars.com UKIPT seat each.
The three best performing members of the runner up team will be awarded a $215 PokerStars Sunday Million entry each.
The three best performing members of the third placed team will be awarded a $109 PokerStars Sunday Kickoff entry each.

Q. How does it reward the TEAM if only the top 3 scoring players in the team get any reward?

We haven"t put the Terms thread up yet as has been mentioned elsewhere.  We will have a clause that a percentage of any winnings from the live events goes back to the team in ratio to the points that players have earned over the season.  

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2012, 20:50:32 PM »

Prizes

Team:

We haven"t put the Terms thread up yet as has been mentioned elsewhere.  We will have a clause that a percentage of any winnings from the live events goes back to the team in ratio to the points that players have earned over the season. 

Thanks Des. That"s exactly what I hoped the answer would be. Suggest 50% to the player, 50% to the team (excluding the player) on a ratio basis.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2012, 20:58:00 PM »

Prizes

Team:

Thanks Des. That"s exactly what I hoped the answer would be. Suggest 50% to the player, 50% to the team (excluding the player) on a ratio basis.

That"s a LOT of prize money to give away.

The team as a whole might give the added value winners the opportunity of playing in those extra tournaments - but if they then go on to cash or even win those tournaments I don"t think you could say that half of it is down to their team mates.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2012, 21:02:32 PM »

Prizes

Team:

That"s a LOT of prize money to give away.

The team as a whole might give the added value winners the opportunity of playing in those extra tournaments - but if they then go on to cash or even win those tournaments I don"t think you could say that half of it is down to their team mates.

I agree, it won"t be as high as 50%.