Author Topic: APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League  (Read 127592 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »

All I am saying is that I don"t see how however much you all loved each other in the past justifies the entire team staying together in a new league structure when some of them live in a different region. Even without the additional players,  London and the Home Counties will be one of the strongest teams, in fact, probably the strongest. East of England will prob be the weakest.

Looks like your wish has been granted - Which Regional Team can you play for ?

GG, WP   >:(

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:33 AM »

All I am saying is that I don"t see how however much you all loved each other in the past justifies the entire team staying together in a new league structure when some of them live in a different region. Even without the additional players,  London and the Home Counties will be one of the strongest teams, in fact, probably the strongest. East of England will prob be the weakest.

Looks like your wish has been granted - Which Regional Team can you play for ?

GG, WP   >:(

Ultimately the post was correct though and had APAT been definitive on this question from the start, it wouldn"t have been an issue.  So in this case it"s my fault and I"d rather we all take a little bit of pain now rather than have team recruitment policies questioned throughout the 15 weeks of the League.  
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »

Everybody knows what you mean in most of your posts, it"s just the way you say things in virtually all of you posts that really p@@@ people off. Perhaps you should try and look for a positive before you post next time, but I won"t hold my breath on that.

P.s. there are many others that feel the same, hint take the ( re-arrange as you please)!
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2012, 12:34:48 PM »
Ignoring the bickering - this whole set up is the best result I could have hoped for.

I will be playing every league game (once I work out which region I belong to). Good job APAT on getting the backing of the best in the business - it strikes me as a fantastic deal and I cant wait for it to start.

lucasj37

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2012, 12:59:54 PM »
Great move! I"m in.  :)

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2012, 13:53:21 PM »

Sounds fantastic wooohooo :)

Is Solent east or west of Southampton? Never could quite work out where it was.

I see Mr Murray has signed up for SE.

I think SW could struggle to get a decent size team together  :-\

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2012, 13:58:08 PM »

Solent is East of Southampton

SW gets West of Southampton, up to Bristol and down to Cornwall

Get the Bristol people energised Suzanne, and it will be a strong team at outset

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2012, 14:02:44 PM »

Solent is East of Southampton

SW gets West of Southampton, up to Bristol and down to Cornwall

Get the Bristol people energised Suzanne, and it will be a strong team at outset

Just what I was thinking...I am on the case boss ;)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2012, 14:17:23 PM »

Funnily enough Luton is in the East of England region!
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2012, 14:25:33 PM »

correct. Anything north of Herts isn"t Home Counties.....a handy rule of thumb is which BBC local news programme you get

I live near Luton, get BBC East Anglia and at 6.30pm every night when the bright light big city regions are getting regional news of class and deportment I get "Bungay Cow stuck in grid, Norfolk farmer incandescent with rage at Beccles Manufacturer" read to me by a bottle blonde who "ooh-aars" over the autocue like nobody"s business

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2012, 14:31:20 PM »

correct. Anything north of Herts isn"t Home Counties.....a handy rule of thumb is which BBC local news programme you get

I live near Luton, get BBC East Anglia and at 6.30pm every night when the bright light big city regions are getting regional news of class and deportment I get "Bungay Cow stuck in grid, Norfolk farmer incandescent with rage at Beccles Manufacturer" read to me by a bottle blonde who "ooh-aars" over the autocue like nobody"s business

I have Sky and watch both "BBC Reporting Scotland" and "BBC Look North (Yorkshire)" but I guess that won"t be much of a surprise.

ck1888

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2012, 15:07:32 PM »
Will there be late reg ?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2012, 15:26:38 PM »

Will there be late reg ?

For the first hour Chris.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

ck1888

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2012, 15:30:18 PM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2012, 15:45:30 PM »
Think the League set-up looks superb Des. Just one thing (and I may have missed it, so apologies if it is already there) but, mostly for the new members who may sign up, are you going to post anything in the rules about "Team-Play" which is an obvious difference if you want a successful "Team" in this League?
  Put it in place now and avoid 95 pages of arguments later on!
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu