Author Topic: APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League  (Read 127674 times)

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
Re: APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2012, 08:26:48 AM »

Just realised you don"t need a pm with the details, cos they"re all on the Solent sign-up page:

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8262.0

Thanks. I"ve already posted a note on all of the southern clubs pages, so hopefully that will bring things to peoples attention.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »

It is password protected and all 15 tournaments are currently sitting within Tournies / Private on the PokerStars client.  The PokerStars tournament team will be updating the starting time as all bar the first two tournaments have been set at 8pm.

Is the password the same as last year?

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2012, 11:38:30 AM »
The password is apatmember.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2012, 13:02:58 PM »
Interesting to see all the Facebook groups springing up for the region teams....... it"s not that long ago that Brian Yates was lambasted for trying to get the West Midlands team to use a Facebook group as a focus.  It was pointed out that West Mids might be colluding by using Facebook, and that this forum should be the only focal point for teams.

Looks like Facebook is considered to be ok now, and that perhaps Brian wasn"t trying to cheat after all?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 13:41:07 PM by AMRN »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2012, 13:14:37 PM »

Interesting to see all the Facebook groups springing up for the region teams....... it"s not that long ago that Brian Yates was lambasted for trying to get the West Midlands team to use a Facebook group as a focus.  It was pointed out that West Mids might be colluding by using Facebook, and that this forum should be the only focal point for teams.

Looks like Facebook is considered to be ok now, and that perhaps Brian was trying to cheat after all?

Can"t speak about the "cheating" element of your post Steve.  I think Facebook is a great tool for promoting the whole league and introducing APAT to new players.  To that end, facebook pages with a "Like" button that can be viewed by everyone, give each region and therefore the overall league the highest profile.

I believe that "open" groups give a similar visibility.

You are always going to get people suggesting that teams are colluding whether it be on facebook, msn, phones, or even being sat in the same room.

The reality is that the significant majority of APAT players wouldn"t even dream of doing any of this, and would also raise concerns if that heard of any players that were involved.

Clearly Brian is a visionary  ;D

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2012, 13:18:16 PM »
Things have moved on in West Bromwich, Brian is now moving away from old fashioned social media towards innovative new communication techniques that are proving popular

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2012, 13:38:01 PM »

Looks like Facebook is considered to be ok now, and that perhaps Brian was trying to cheat after all?

Can"t speak about the "cheating" element of your post Steve.  I think Facebook is a great tool for promoting the whole league and introducing APAT to new players.  To that end, facebook pages with a "Like" button that can be viewed by everyone, give each region and therefore the overall league the highest profile.

I believe that "open" groups give a similar visibility.

You are always going to get people suggesting that teams are colluding whether it be on facebook, msn, phones, or even being sat in the same room.

The reality is that the significant majority of APAT players wouldn"t even dream of doing any of this, and would also raise concerns if that heard of any players that were involved.

Clearly Brian is a visionary  ;D

Well said
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2012, 13:42:30 PM »
Have to agree fabebook is a great way of promoting and also talking team tactics

Was never used for what was suggested in  steves post

And as Des is now on most of these if not all of these groups I think this will rule out any possible allegation of collusion or cheating
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 14:19:30 PM by gerry5421 »
Gerry

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2012, 13:47:37 PM »
Agree Leigh - it was quite disappointing (and offensive) at the time to see people suggesting that we might be using Facebook for the wrong reasons, but in line with the groundswell of opinion, we stuck to the APAT forum for anything West Mids team related.

Good to see that everyone is catching up and that we can all get in the real world now.

That said though, I think we need to try and get Pokerstars linked on all the regional team Facebook pages - I doubt it would be good for our sponsorship if we took much of the league related traffic away from their logos and links on the forum.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 14:12:50 PM by AMRN »

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2012, 14:05:27 PM »

Have to agree fabebook is a great way of promoting and also talking team tactics

Was never used for what steve suggested

And as Des is now on most of these if not all of these groups I think this will rule out any possible allegation of collusion or cheating

+1

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2012, 14:17:58 PM »
I assume we can use the link from the APAT banners on facebook , and APAT will get the same credit if anyone joins from the link http://www.pokerstars.co.uk/sites/v1pomiploee/

if so will make regular postings on the facebook page
Gerry

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2012, 14:24:00 PM »

Just realised you don"t need a pm with the details, cos they"re all on the Solent sign-up page:

Thanks. I"ve already posted a note on all of the southern clubs pages, so hopefully that will bring things to peoples attention.

I"m afraid they won"t see that, Richard. The Solent team were not typical - they were mostly people I know from other poker leagues who agreed to play the online league, but they haven"t played any other APAT events, even the online championships. They don"t frequent the forum, apart from signing up and maybe posting during or after a league game (you can see on the sign-up pages that they are mostly in single-digit post-counts). However, I will see a lot of them at a local tournament tomorrow, so I"ll encourage them to enlist for the South-East. I expect that the Facebook page will be the best way of communicating with them going forward.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2012, 14:39:45 PM »

I assume we can use the link from the APAT banners on facebook , and APAT will get the same credit if anyone joins from the link http://www.pokerstars.co.uk/sites/v1pomiploee/

No Gerry, please direct people to the APAT site for PokerStars signups and further information.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2012, 14:59:24 PM »

I"m afraid they won"t see that, Richard. The Solent team were not typical - they were mostly people I know from other poker leagues who agreed to play the online league, but they haven"t played any other APAT events, even the online championships. They don"t frequent the forum, apart from signing up and maybe posting during or after a league game (you can see on the sign-up pages that they are mostly in single-digit post-counts). However, I will see a lot of them at a local tournament tomorrow, so I"ll encourage them to enlist for the South-East. I expect that the Facebook page will be the best way of communicating with them going forward.

Thanks John, that would be a great help.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2012, 15:16:53 PM »

No Gerry, please direct people to the APAT site for PokerStars signups and further information.

no problem
Gerry