Author Topic: Which Regional Team Can I Play For?  (Read 73601 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Which Regional Team Can I Play For?
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:29:51 AM »
APAT had hoped to adopt a soft attitude to players selecting a Region based on strong friendships formed through previous leagues and players wishing to play for the Region they were born in, as opposed to the one they play in now.  However, some questions have been raised about this policy and for that reason we are now stating the following.

Players can only register for the Region within which they currently live.

We apologise if this causes some unhappiness, but in the interests of providing as level a playing field as possible we felt the directive was required.

If you fall into the category of having signed up for your incorrect Region, then please delete your posted PokerStars ID and re-register within the Region that you currently live in.

Thanks again and I hope all will view this directive within the spirit it was intended.

Des.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Which Regional Team Can I Play For?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:46:22 AM »
Really?

So I can"t play for Scotland? Nor can GiMac or Honeybadg!

3 players who have all represented Scotland in live events.

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:50:21 AM »

Really?

Surely that will come as a great relief.
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »

Really?

It"s not an International Team Stuart, it"s a Regional Team and if you live in a different Region then the "rule" requests you play for that Region. 

I know it"s a bit of a pain, but clearly the norm in team orientated sports and games.

As always, we"d appreciate your support.

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »
In the interests of fairness then should the ruling not be either where you live now or where you were born/from? 2 choices? perfect example above!?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:22:05 AM by Sef »
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 11:21:21 AM »
Having read the league thread I think this is an excellent rule ("directive") to refresh the whole competition and hopefully players will appreciate its purpose.

A Regional map might be a good idea to help clarify further and maybe even up the catchment areas slighlty more.

APAT had hoped to adopt a soft attitude to players selecting a Region based on strong friendships formed through previous leagues and players wishing to play for the Region they were born in, as opposed to the one they play in now.  However, some questions have been raised about this policy and for that reason we are now stating the following.

Players can only register for the Region within which they currently live.

We apologise if this causes some unhappiness, but in the interests of providing as level a playing field as possible we felt the directive was required.

If you fall into the category of having signed up for your incorrect Region, then please delete your posted PokerStars ID and re-register within the Region that you currently live in.

Thanks again and I hope all will view this directive within the spirit it was intended.

Des.
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »

In the interests of fairness then should the ruling not be either where you live now or where you were born/from? 2 choices? perfect example above!?

Shouldnt be a choice imo, registered pokerstars address would be very clear.
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 11:29:25 AM »

For the purpose of this League Paul, I think it"s better that the requirement is extremely clear.  This is the only fair way to do it and what we all want at the end of the day is a fair and competitive League.

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 11:32:41 AM »
Of course there should be choice if no choice then where you"re originally from should be the case IMO!?? What if 2 games in you move from manchester to London, does that mean you switch teams?

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »

Of course there should be choice if no choice then where you"re originally from should be the case IMO!?? What if 2 games in you move from manchester to London, does that mean you switch teams?

Clearly Paul is expressing this view as he wants me in the Scotland team.

Even more obviuos that he hasn"t seen me play - lol

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 11:36:07 AM »

For the purpose of this League Paul, I think it"s better that the requirement is extremely clear.  This is the only fair way to do it and what we all want at the end of the day is a fair and competitive League.

I think the majority thought it was fair to start with tbh

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 11:36:51 AM »

Clearly Paul is expressing this view as he wants me in the Scotland team.

Even more obviuos that he hasn"t seen me play - lol

lol was hoping to teach you some stuff. heehee :P

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »

Once you commit to a Region at the start of a season, no matter where you might move to during the season, you will be eligible to play for that Region.

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 11:46:23 AM »

Once you commit to a Region at the start of a season, no matter where you might move to during the season, you will be eligible to play for that Region.

But you"re now being forced to commit to a certain region? You said yesterday that people could choose a team outwith the region they live if it was justified? Is this still the case?

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 11:47:17 AM »
Sorry but this is complete ****** (post will probably be deleted). If there had been an aberdeen region, an edinburgh region, a glasgow region etc then fair enough, but you have chosen to make whole countries regions, i.e. Wales, Scotland, Ireland etc. I might rush home to make it to play for Scotland, but I am never rushing home to play for Stockton, North East, North Yorkshire, or whatever region I happen to live in this week, in fact I probably wouldn"t even bother playing.

Rather than making a carte blanche ruling without any discussion with apat members, why don"t you run a poll and see what peoples thoughts are? Question along lines of Which team are you eligible to play for? with responses 1) Where you were born,  2) Where you now live, 3) Choice of one or the other. 

At least see what your players think. ::)