Author Topic: amalgamations!!  (Read 19470 times)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: amalgamations!!
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 07:11:50 AM »
Deep fried Mars Bars ewwwwwww yuk  :D
Mary Kivlin

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:06 AM »

I can"t see the relevance of population statistics to this, other than stating that the regions are broadly comparable in population size. The most relevant factor is the number of active APAT players (or potential players likely to brought in by current players) clustered in an area. Any area of 100,000? (prob a lot less) could support a team if the player concentration is right. Comparing the winning potential of such large areas on the basis that one has a population of Xm and another has 2Xm is completely spurious.

Not at all. As valid as anything else

eg...

London is a huge region. It happens to be grossly under-represented in terms of Active APAT players. for that captain, and teammates, therein lies the opportunityto get competitive by serious recruitment

Scotland is smaller in terms of catchment area than some other teams. However it has an established group of motivated players who bask in very cleverly seeded notions of national pride that are invoked such that everyone signs up, including those who once watched Braveheart or an Old Firm Derby on TV and dream at night of the smell of deep fried mars bars and decided they hailed from Glasgow. Admirable stuff

I would hope that head start would not persist, as others catch up on numbers

and Tighty, the Scottish Borders which includes Galashiels and Hawick IS in Scotland.  ;D

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 09:18:16 AM »

Scotland had the biggest team so far because the captain and team work on recruitment instead of complaining on here. ;) ..... nuff said  ;D

Really ?????

On sign ups scotland have 9 first posts on their sign up and northwest have 16 !!
Scotland have the most players already with apat so if they recruiting as hard surely they should have more apat virgins NOT nearly half !
(not sure about other teams just checked the scots with their unfounded statements lol )

Prob bad tactics on my part sure you will treble your efforts now lad !

nuff said ;)

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 13:51:37 PM »

Scotland had the biggest team so far because the captain and team work on recruitment instead of complaining on here. ;) ..... nuff said  ;D

Really ?????

On sign ups scotland have 9 first posts on their sign up and northwest have 16 !!
Scotland have the most players already with apat so if they recruiting as hard surely they should have more apat virgins NOT nearly half !
(not sure about other teams just checked the scots with their unfounded statements lol )

Prob bad tactics on my part sure you will treble your efforts now lad !

nuff said ;)

Quite a pointless half assed assessment mate. ;) Are you saying recruiting for teams is based on just new sign ups? Or would you say that existing members that aint really been involved in previous leagues being pulled into the team would count? I would go with the latter which would make all previous comments founded and leave no need for tripling, already great, efforts. ;)

Maybe if people concentrated in growing their own team instead of trying to discredit scotlands there would be no issues with the teams.  ;D
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 13:54:02 PM »
I"m going to lock this discussion as it is completely pointless and starting to veer away from the spirit of competition we are promoting.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy