Author Topic: APAT Slovenian  (Read 13638 times)

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Slovenian
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2008, 15:46:11 PM »

What can I say? When I had my first double up from 3000 to 7000 when my A5 beat an AJ I said to the table that you need 4 pieces of luck to win a tournament, and what do you know I did get another 3 pieces of luck, although the final table will probably say I got more than than that!!

I was pretty pleased with my play overall, and I think I chose my times to make a play well. I was also happy with the defence of my blinds. I didn"t check raise once nor did I need to re-raise to get a better hand off the pot.

I am grateful to APAT for giving me the opportunity to learn more about the game, and winning 4 gold medals along the way is not too bad either!!

Congrats on win...i was on your table (Jay1974) one u lucked 1st..and remember your quote....4 peices of luck...seems you were right i guess..how is this worked out, in terms of why 4 times..what the thinking behind this.....
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

BigAnorak

Re: APAT Slovenian
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2008, 16:51:31 PM »
The "4 pieces of luck" is based on the experiences I have had in the tournaments I have won. I think most tournament winners would say that they only got there by having dominated hands come good.

4 double ups will often get you to a final table - it certainly did last night.
It's only a Game

I could list my APAT achievements here, but I am too modest,and there isn't enough space