Author Topic: Match Structure  (Read 95389 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: YES 500!
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »
Amazing scope to play "every" hand in (or out of) position ... structure equates to about 24 hours of play at 45 mins levels ... if playing face to face ... a great two day event from a reclining chair ... smoking virtual cigars ...

Brendoni

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 13:32:44 PM »

Hi All

Really good structured game, but maybe a 5PM start time would be better or have shorter blinds as finishing so late on monday morning may put people off in the future.

Either that or less chips/faster blind structure, but all in all really good tournie.

also is every league game NLH or are we gonna get to play any omaha or any mixed games.

Brendan

smasher37

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 15:21:57 PM »
Really Enjoyed last night was going on long nicely until Leigh (Im taking a break from poker wish he would go back to that now) Wiltshire decided to call my all in for all his chips and proceeded to knock my out with his aq v my ak ,but other than that trauma it was good but i do agree with the comments about the very late finish.
I dont think there needs to much adjustment maybe 4500 chips and 12 min blinds getting finished at 2 instead of 3 would be ideal and i think that structure would enable us to do that.
;D ;D

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 16:54:21 PM »
what a great start to the league, congrats on the amount of runners. I think the structure is spot on and no changes needed. ;)
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 16:54:34 PM »

Fantastic turnout and brilliant structure, I thoroughly enjoyed playing last night.  WD guys

Brilliant turnout....great to see everyone supporting the never ending work of the APAT team. Really enjoyed it despite my early exit!

Big Congrats to Louis on the win and also our very own MattyD for his 2nd place!

Roll on Sunday!!  :) :) :)
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 17:57:48 PM »
 5 PM start redic. Summers comming soon, and we will be in full swing when the nights are lighter because the clocks change soon. Most people do family stuff on sundays (not me personally but i reckon some people around do. BBQs Cricket, golf or whatever) when the weathers good and they wouldnt want to rush back home to play a $11 tourn.
As someone else said ITT, individuals are not gonna go deep often enough for it to be a regular occurance getting up for work early monday morning. Even the best players would be lucky to make more than 1 final table with 500 runners over a 15 week period. And i know that lots of Apaters play other sunday tournys on stars, such as the storm and big $11 anyway, these go on untill 9 AM.

I hope they dont alter the clock or starting stack either because it was perfect.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 18:07:47 PM »
As well as the good points just above me - all league"s have their numbers drop off. However hard the captains try this one will be no different - once the numbers fall it will towards a 2am finish anyway without touching this structure.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

black_mage

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 18:21:31 PM »
Despite going out in the first 40 minutes, I had a great time playing and railing my fellow NW people :D Great tournament, great prizes and great turnout :)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 18:29:48 PM »
It will be interesting to see how much numbers do drop - going by last night - it should be super open.

I think elsewhere there were calls for more people to score points - I think top 27 is spot on.

Even with a giant team - you are pretty unlikely to have a lot of runners inside the top 27. (from 547 last night).

In terms of finishing time - took a long time from 7 runners down to a winner - so could have been earlier.

I could live with 12 min levels - would have made the event 90 mins shortly last night - but on balance it would have lost the depth of play possible.

Great work APAT in creating such a structure.

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 18:33:39 PM »
I think its perfect. Like mentioned above, no one will reach every final table so its not a case of playing until 3am every week. Although, if like me, you need to watch one of your team members putting in a great performance you may still not get to bed until 3.20am!

Roll on next Sunday :)

(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

camking

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 21:04:04 PM »
I think it was about 3.08am when the job was finally done!

Do you think you could you be a little more accurate, please?  ::)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 21:05:11 PM »

Amazing scope to play "every" hand in (or out of) position ... structure equates to about 24 hours of play at 45 mins levels ... if playing face to face ... a great two day event from a reclining chair ... smoking virtual cigars ...

+1 -1 virtual cigar lol

Fantastic opening week, great play, great people (even the one who called me pathetic - fish will suffice, thanks  ;) ) and hope for much more of the same. 3am wasn"t too bad a finish time, I lasted till about 2.30, railed for a little while longer, was in bed for 3am and still no probs getting up at 6.30 for work. Don"t mess with the structure, why would you after such an emphatic "Yesssss" from the faithful?
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 21:14:31 PM »

... Don"t mess with the structure, why would you after such an emphatic "Yesssss" from the faithful?

Exactly

If only 200 play the next one it might require a re-think though  :D

I don"t think that"s too likely though - the fact that so many people played when everybody knew the structure, and the likely implication of that, is pretty good evidence to keep it as it is.

How many people played the first few legs of the last league?
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Joker161

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • jhsch on 888
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 22:57:06 PM »
+1 for no changes. As many have said, you will not make it past midnight many times, especially if the numbers drop off. The structure gave us the chance to play proper poker.

I really enjoyed it last night, although running into AA twice in five minutes was a bit painful! Also, coming 25th but my points not counting for the team! I suppose that"s why we won.

Roll on next week!

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 21:21:16 PM »

+1 for no changes. As many have said, you will not make it past midnight many times, especially if the numbers drop off. The structure gave us the chance to play proper poker.

Well on this thread and other regional ones I count about a 5 to 1 majority in favour of the current structure from the players themselves.

I would hope this consensus was taken into account before any decision was made.

EDIT: I think "some" people are getting unduly concerned about the finishing time for this particular leg - the numbers will fall, the end time will get earlier without the structure having to be weakened and the final summary point is as mentioned that the final end time of the tournament is only going to apply to a few people - and they"ll be different people every week.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 21:24:02 PM by Jon MW »
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341