Author Topic: QQ in BB  (Read 10427 times)

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: QQ in BB
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 09:40:23 AM »

So - raise slightly, or a lot, more pre. Yeah, I can see that. An extra 150-300 pre probably still gets the same 2callers but that adds value to my hand which is obviously premium.

In an ideal world then, as played to here, I bet 1700-1800 into a pot of 3400. Let"s hypothetically assume that"s what I did, and that I get one fold and a raise from the SB who has c15k...

Are we folding to an assumed set?

Thanks to all for their thoughts on this hand, which I"m happy to admit to having absolutely butchered in a moment of supreme madness and spew. I posted it here to help to remind me that I need to not do shizz like this, and to get some thoughts on how the hand should have played out.
I"ll post what actually happened in my diary thread.
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
This now depends on a number of things as to whether I continue.
The size and speed of her raise
What hands she is capable of raising with. Will she go crazy with a small overpair, does she play draws aggressively, does she overplay top pair type hands, does she trap with sets etc are things you may have gathered if she is a regular.

If she is generally passive, I might make my annual nit-fold
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 12:25:21 PM »

This now depends on a number of things as to whether I continue.
The size and speed of her raise
What hands she is capable of raising with. Will she go crazy with a small overpair, does she play draws aggressively, does she overplay top pair type hands, does she trap with sets etc are things you may have gathered if she is a regular.

If she is generally passive, I might make my annual nit-fold

SB - 15k. Youngish female, joined the game late and sat down with the full 13k stack. No reads really other than she"s a regular...

I"d still go with as much people reading as I can to decide whether it"s worth folding - but in the absence of information I"m inclined to believe people know what they"re doing.

That could mean she"d check raise light, and it could mean she"d only be check raising with something that beats an overpair - either way in an MTT I"d be inclined towards caution.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341