Author Topic: Matchday 3 thread  (Read 14195 times)

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
Re: Matchday 3 thread
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 08:31:24 AM »
Can"t complain about the structure as not in long enough last night LOL
Numbers down this week ( maybe due to changes ) but that will happen every week ups/ downs etc
Sorry but if numbers stay under 300 on a regular basis apat need to look at it. Have to give it time but for me week one was the best

marcelharry

Structure
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 08:38:46 AM »

weve been discussing this all week. Im probably the one who has been pushing for a better structure more than anyone else. But ive given up now. Just dont think it can be done because has to be over by 1 am. so its just fair enough.

We have a 1hr late reg.

Using the structure in my previous post, if someone registered at the last minute, they would still have 30bbs. Why not start at 6.30pm with last reg at 7.30pm?

I played last night. We got to the final table at about 11.30pm and I went out in 6th place just before mid night. The competition probably finished around 1am, which I feel is not too bad. Player numbers have drooped form 500 ish to just over 300. This is normal and the leagues over the past few years show that there is a drop in players early on and then the numbers tend to even out. West Midlands are back, lol.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 08:44:32 AM »
Scrap late reg and set it to 12 min / 5K could be a compromise?
Anyone who can"t make 7pm should then just buy in anyway and they can lose 1000 chips and still break even on current deal!
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

frankieb

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »
Don"t see many complaints about last nights structure because it was spot on.Finished at 00.21 which is about right.Ok numbers are down from weeks 1&2 but this is normal for this type of league.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 10:24:58 AM »

Don"t see many complaints about last nights structure because...

... the 200 people who didn"t like this structure aren"t playing any more?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »

you need to check your maths Jon.  of the 200 that have dropped, around half dropped after the first week - so perhaps that"s because they didn"t like wk1 structure.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 11:29:07 AM »

you need to check your maths Jon.  of the 200 that have dropped, around half dropped after the first week - so perhaps that"s because they didn"t like wk1 structure.

Almost everybody who registers does so on the Sunday (and most of those who don"t register on the Saturday)

i.e. It was after the week 2 structure was announced that it had the drop off.

tbh I think most of the week 1 drop off was just natural wastage but some of the week 2 drop was dis satisfaction with the structure - primarily I just wanted to point out that analysing the figures is more complex than just looking at one factor.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 11:41:10 AM »
For a $10 sunday night tourney the structure is fine IMO, okay you need to chip up early on or you are very quickly put in peril, but a 12.30 -1am finish is ideal.
Late reg is great, 7pm is an early sit down for me, I have late reg"d every week so far!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

1Goldfinger

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 13:00:27 PM »
I played this week for the first time in this series, forgot it was 7pm start and registered just before 7:30pm. I didn"t have many hands and was down to 3900 from my 4000 starting stack at the 100/200 level, meaning that once someone made an initial raise and I wanted to re-raise, I had to go all in really so the structure is a little it crapshooty. This can"t be helped though as its a Sunday and some people will have early starts on the Monday, I guess the tournament could start a bit earlier and players could start with a few more chips.