Author Topic: First Orbit of the Super 50  (Read 3453 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
First Orbit of the Super 50
« on: May 15, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
Re: First Orbit of the Super 50
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 14:30:24 PM »
Fold pre

When Sir Limpalot type players come in for a raise, their ranges are usually tight, AJ carries lots of reverse implied odds and you create a tough spot for yourself.

You will have position on this player 6 / 8 hands per orbit, he likes to limp, we can iso raise wide ip and exploit this.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 15:50:02 PM »

Fold pre

When Sir Limpalot type players come in for a raise, their ranges are usually tight, AJ carries lots of reverse implied odds and you create a tough spot for yourself.

You will have position on this player 6 / 8 hands per orbit, he likes to limp, we can iso raise wide ip and exploit this.

What he said.

And whether the raise is 225 or 500 makes no difference - you"re still out of position against a player with an apparent tight raising range.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 21:03:09 PM »
just fold, pretty trivial for the 5x open
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 23:23:00 PM »
I fold to a 5x here given previous info.

Would probably flick in if it is a smaller raise and readless, but that is probably a mistake.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 13:01:30 PM »
We have seen villain play two hands, not enough info to assume Sir Limpalot.

I do agree its a fold though, assuming fold>call>3bet?

We aren"t really folding AJ in the SB if he makes it 225 though are we... he is only 3 seats to our right..

FWIW - I dwelled and decided to call and go heads up to:-

Qd Jh 5s

We check call 725. (compounding the error? Assume once we flick it pre, we aren"t folding one pair on the flop?)

Turn:

7d

Check, Check. River is :-

4c

Room for some cheeky value now? Check call for the bluff catcher? Check fold?

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 13:33:58 PM »

We aren"t really folding AJ in the SB if he makes it 225 though are we...

Why not?    If you use HEM, run a filter to look at your profit/loss by position in pots where you call preflop - I"d be willing to bet that the SB is your least profitable position.

If you call 225, you"re playing all three streets out of position against a player with whom you have no history and no knowledge of his tendencies by street - even if the flop is A hi or J hi, you"re guessing, or spending money to find out if you"re hand is good or not. The reverse implied odds are dangerous! You"re also in a terrible spot to get owned by any positional bluffs whether you hit or miss the flop.  Calling with marginal hands in the SB is just a losing play. 

If you must play from the SB, enter the pot with a raise. If your hand"s not good enough to raise with in a given situation, then just fold.  I"d say that against a 5x open, AJo is definitely not good enough to be 3betting out of position with - therefore it"s a 100% fold.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 13:52:37 PM »
^ +1

We have seen villain play two hands, not enough info to assume Sir Limpalot.

If villain limps utg, even once, I would be confident enough with that read to act on it immediately. Obviously we continue to pay attention and adjust accordingly.

As played, value betting the river is really thin but less so against an uber calling station.

Subject to a confident read ruling out top pair+ ( I suspect that will often be the case ) I like a value bet of 800 with a plan to fold if raised.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."