Author Topic: APAT Online Series - Australian Open  (Read 23449 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: APAT Online Series - Australian Open
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 22:49:24 PM »
I will bring this to their attention again.  It seems a crazy situation.

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 23:09:52 PM »

I will bring this to their attention again.  It seems a crazy situation.
Des and all the APAT crew,it is in no way your fault my dislike for  ipoker.I first started off on line on same site but had the same problems.It didnt help this week when trying 2 organise my vegas trip that customer support were less than helpful.I will hopefully get a seat for the live events .And i hope that APAT will keep on growing ,after all that you and all the members have put into it.

Cheers Micky
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

Buck Pete

• Bronze Member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 23:17:02 PM »

Just got back in time to join this after celebrating Wales win vs England in the Six Nations.  Expecting to donk my chips off rather quickly, but it"ll have been worth it..

Seeing as the game finished at 6pm you had a massive 2 hours celebration before heading home for a 10$ push fest.

gotta love you Welsh.

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 23:30:45 PM »

Posted on sponsors page .Had enough of blue square.No more on line for me.It"s a shame because i love the APAT tournaments, but enough is enough.I have supported apat from the start but the i poker makes it no fun any more.

I am with you all the way, last season we were spoilt with the pokerstars software and this year i poker.During this evenings tourney I have witnessed and been knocked out in 11th by quads. after seeing them 4 times ...........we also had a straight flush to the King followed by a royal flush 4 hands later, absolute *****
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:01:11 PM by APAT »

BobbyMorton

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 00:03:48 AM »
Out in 6th place still happy to have made my fourth Apat final table in a row finishing 6th 1st 1st and tonight 6th.
Telmison4 at Bluesquare
thebestthere  at 888

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 10:53:27 AM »

Posted on sponsors page .Had enough of blue square.No more on line for me.It"s a shame because i love the APAT tournaments, but enough is enough.I have supported apat from the start but the i poker makes it no fun any more.

I am with you all the way, last season we were spoilt with the pokerstars software and this year i poker.During this evenings tourney I have witnessed and been knocked out in 11th by quads. after seeing them 4 times ...........we also had a straight flush to the King followed by a royal flush 4 hands later, absolute *****

I"m a bit confused by all of these comments.  What are people suggesting, the i-poker network is fixed ?

I have played on i-poker for years and never had any connection problems.  I will admit that the user interface is not as friendly as some other sites (pokerstars especially), but I can"t see what all the fuss is about.

I can appreciate that some peoples computer setup may cause them some problems, but this can usually be resolved and I have seen plenty of people offering advice on other threads to this end.

I think its an easy option to have a go at the software and it all then appears negative towards APAT aswell, which I am sure is not the aim of any of the members.

Having played most of this seasons online events I have found them quite friendly and starting to get used to who people are and starting to see familiar names when it gets down to the crunch.

It will get my continued support and remember even if you aren"t happy with what you are getting now, with the work of Des and the team, it will only get better, so stick with it would be my advice.

Leigh
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:01:38 PM by APAT »

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 11:42:03 AM »
Leigh.Now that i have had time to calm down i will try and get all my problems sorted out.I never stated that i poker was rigged in any way at all,and if i came across in any way negative towards apat then i can only apologise.Hopefully if i can get things sorted at my end then i will continue to support apat as much as i have done in the past.

Micky
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 16:04:14 PM »

I"m a bit confused by all of these comments.  What are people suggesting, the i-poker network is fixed ?
I have played on i-poker for years and never had any connection problems.  I will admit that the user interface is not as friendly as some other sites (pokerstars especially), but I can"t see what all the fuss is about.

I can appreciate that some peoples computer setup may cause them some problems, but this can usually be resolved and I have seen plenty of people offering advice on other threads to this end.

I think its an easy option to have a go at the software and it all then appears negative towards APAT aswell, which I am sure is not the aim of any of the members.

Having played most of this seasons online events I have found them quite friendly and starting to get used to who people are and starting to see familiar names when it gets down to the crunch.

It will get my continued support and remember even if you aren"t happy with what you are getting now, with the work of Des and the team, it will only get better, so stick with it would be my advice.

Leigh

I personally would not say that it is fixed,BUT some of the outdraws are becoming very predictable, during live sessions you never see 4 lots of quads, when have you seen a straight flush followed by a royal flush 4 hands later, and this was in 3 hours of tournament poker. I also had connection problems after exiting the comp. I think the statement  box quoted that " there was something wrong with the isp connection"

I can echo mickey"s statement in that I have supported APAT since conception and will continue to do so,BUT ( there are always but"s) missing pokerstars professionalism/ software.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 17:14:40 PM »
I"ve only played one of the APAT tournies on Blue Square, but in the hour or so I played I did hit quad aces while some poor bloke was betting into me with a full-house.  I also saw someone hit quad eights and one straight flush.  It also appeared to be very rare for the person who had the best of it when the money went, to actually win the hand.

I don"t know about it being rigged, but it does seem to have an obvious bias towards rewarding very aggressive play, but the software obviously can"t distinguish between aggressive play and just plain being a donkey....consequently, it means trapping someone becomes impossible. 

If this assumption is correct it just means the guy who falls into the trap will out-draw his opponent cause the software recognises his all-in shove as aggression and rewards him with the pot, rather than the guy who did everything right setting the trap and getting his money in with the best of it.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 18:37:18 PM »
When does it get rigged in my favour?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 20:15:17 PM »
or mine...I"d just like to win a coinflip at a key time!!   ;D  and as for quads what do they look like on ipoker?  ;D
Still learn the science and practicing the art

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2008, 12:35:20 PM »

Oh, that"ll be last night then ;D.

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 12:40:02 PM »

Oh, that"ll be last night then ;D.

If ever there was proof........  ;D

FL1CKER

Re: Online Poker - bad beats
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 13:37:15 PM »
All online card rooms use random number generators to choose the cards. All random number generators are not "random" and they can be seeded to produce a bias, e.g. lots of face cards on the flops, etc.

Try sitting at a royal jackpot table and be amazed at the continuous stream of low rainbow flops, then switch to a standard ring game and observe the frequency at which aces or three flushes are dealt on the board??

Online sites want the tourneys over as quickly as possible, so that players will buy into another one as soon as they take an early bath and earn the poker site more money, so of course there are bad beats a plenty, because they are not running the games for the benefit of the players.

Therefore you have to approach online play with the attitude that you are playing against the software as well as your opponents at the table. The essential skills of reading your opponents, reading the board and sensing when to make moves or fold are all still extremely pertinent. You just have to learn the quirks of each particular site and adapt your game accordingly.

At the end of the day, bad beats are a part of the game, and even if you get your chips in as 3 to 1 favourite, one time out of 4 on average you will lose.

I was donked out early in the English Amatuer Open live game in Walsall. I had pocket nines, my opponent had KQ. It flopped KQ9. The train wreck inevitably happened. I hit a ten on the turn to give me more outs by way of a gut shot straight draw but surprise surprise, out popped a king on the river giving my opponent a 4 outer full house and all my chips. So it happens live as well. In this example it was unavoidable, my opponent believed he had the best hand and so did I, and despite the fact I was way ahead on the flop, he had outs and got lucky.

Every week I get my low pairs counterfeited, my big aces get sucked out on with people hitting their 2 kickers, underpairs crack my trip aces when they hit a backdoor flush, morons push all in with 5 3 off and hit 2 pairs. These things happen all day and every day. When things go right, and you make the final table, rejoice and congratulate yourself that even if it took a bit of good luck along the way to get there, all the bad beats you suffered previously mean that you have earned it.

If your game is solid you will eventually get the results you deserve.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 13:43:27 PM by FL1CKER »

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 15:36:37 PM »
So are the live games rigged as well, seeing as there are plenty of bad beats in that too?