Author Topic: Call or Fold  (Read 7764 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Call or Fold
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 13:28:58 PM »
As most of you have said I called. Reason being as David said. Call and I win then I'm in good shape going forward. Plus there is a side pot, so if lose the main pot I still have a chance of the side given the SB range. Ok I would only have 8 bigs but still be in the tournament.      

SB had 2 random cards but had the flush draw and EP player had A 10 neither of us improved and the EP won.

The reason why I have asked this question is not necessary the call or fold after the flop (as in the title) but to see if anyone would question the pre flop action, which some of you have. So knowing that the SB was more than likely going to call, thus giving EP odds to call was the 4800 the right bet or should it have been bigger or the jam as some of you said.

The plan was to get the SB in the pot but did not see the EP calling, so the mistake was in the pre flop action, I should have made the bet bigger which may have chased the SB away but the way he was playing he was going to call 80% of the time, but the EP player would more than likely folded as she did not want to call the 4800 but had the odds to call.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 14:25:34 PM »

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 14:42:10 PM »
Playing a 16bb stack is awkward post flop as you have no wiggle room. What happens if the flop comes 7hi do you c/f or fold to a c/r, what happens if you bet and get called?

Large part of MTT play at mid-late stages is about stack management and having a plan. I have a value hand but not a monster, therefore I jam and am happy to take the decent increase to my stack and notvtoo unhappy if called either. Plus it annoys the live Gala regs when you jam over their limps 3 times an orbit
Looking forward to making my first day 2

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 14:53:23 PM »

Playing a 16bb stack is awkward post flop as you have no wiggle room. What happens if the flop comes 7hi do you c/f or fold to a c/r, what happens if you bet and get called?

Large part of MTT play at mid-late stages is about stack management and having a plan. I have a value hand but not a monster, therefore I jam and am happy to take the decent increase to my stack and notvtoo unhappy if called either. Plus it annoys the live Gala regs when you jam over their limps 3 times an orbit

:D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 14:54:53 PM »
By the way Dean, have you lit the cigar yet?

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 16:56:43 PM »

+1
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 13:29:08 PM »

Yeah cheers I posted my response above whilst sat in the hospital waiting to be discharged. Sophia Megan Pearson was born at 6.36am on 30 May, weighing 9lb 5oz. She"s gorgeous.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 13:35:16 PM »
Congrats Dean!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 14:01:27 PM »
Congrats!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 14:02:57 PM »
excellent stuff Dean!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 14:15:48 PM »
Congratz Dean and Mrs P

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 14:56:18 PM »

Yeah cheers I posted my response above whilst sat in the hospital waiting to be discharged. Sophia Megan Pearson was born at 6.36am on 30 May, weighing 9lb 5oz. She"s gorgeous.

Congrats Dean!  
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 15:59:22 PM »
Thanks all

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 16:30:44 PM »
Congratulations Dean, although they wrap you round their fingers, daughters are the best. Here"s to a lifetime of joy, happiness and laughter to you all.
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148