Author Topic: Should i have got away from this  (Read 13488 times)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Re: Should i have got away from this
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »
Honestly Louis you"re much better off folding this crap pre even deep.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 11:50:48 AM »
Yeah, huge huge leak.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2012, 14:45:22 PM »
... so back to the question ... how many BBs each before you call?

It"s not a leak at 1000BB - and probably not at 300BB (or less) ... the Button doesn"t always have a big pair ...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 14:59:28 PM by Honeybadg »

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 15:43:59 PM »

It"s not a leak at 1000BB - and probably not at 300BB (or less) ... the Button doesn"t always have a big pair ...

It actually gets worse the deeper you get.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 16:30:49 PM »
Devils Advocate Hat On:.............

If you are only playing very small volume then you will rarely see the error of playing hands like this OOP (providing you have decent post flop skills), so it does feel correct to play any two cards. In fact you could extend this to limp calling from any position and flatting behind every raise.

I remember reading about Alan Mansbridge winning GUKPT Walsall last year and the stick he got from a lot of blonde members for his constant "unprofitable peeling" and subsequent "getting there".

[   ] I"m sure he was gutted about his poor play as he banked his 40 large

My hat on:

You will lose more in small pots (and the odd big pot) than you will ever gain in big pots (and the odd small pot) playing hands like this out of position

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 23:07:03 PM »
Interesting post with regards to Alan Mansbridge ...

I think if you are deep enough and are confident in playing post flop then all sorts of possibilities open up ... of course much better to play them in position.

I ran a summary of this post past my home game players ... who basically agreed with the posts here ... much better spots to find ... which is fair ...

Even at 300BB each - this dominated the possible implied odds of stacking big hands ...

For me its a great weapon when deep enough ... albeit probably a need to temper the frequency that one uses it ...

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 23:27:40 PM »
Ha, srsly the deeper we are the worse it is !

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 09:54:02 AM »

deep 300bb+ your implied odds increase but so do your reverse implied, so hands that can make the nuts become more valuable eg - suited aces, connected and bigger pairs
of the 3 connected is arguably the better as your hand can be more disguised, big pairs are ok cos u can over set some1, over flushing some1 deep u need to be up against the right type of opponent...
if calling stuff like 96o 42o etc deep its ok against the right opponent, eg - against a tighty who over plays big pairs then if u peel with the intention of flopping 2pair plus then no problem imo..
up against a loose range deep with 96o 42o etc then the cards aren"t quite so important cos u should be bluffing more against oppo"s with wider ranges, its harder to get paid off by them cos the range is wide, u bluff to get your strong hands paid off in the future... if flopping 2pair+ with the crud then thats a bonus :)

My hat on:

You will lose more in small pots (and the odd big pot) than you will ever gain in big pots (and the odd small pot) playing hands like this out of position

against the wider range u"ll win some small pots with the crud by bluffing :) but it will help your strong hands Rob, if u are playing deep against hopeless types who stack off light or put to much money in post with over pairs or tptk etc then CALL the crud :)