Author Topic: Should i have got away from this  (Read 13489 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Should i have got away from this
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 20:31:13 PM »

Think most points have been covered. Anyone saying the 96 call is fine even if 300 bigs deep is wrong. It"s a terrible defend.

At 300BB you are paying 3BB for the chance to stack your opponent - feels like a pretty cheap call to make with massive upside.

Given only 40BB to win here - it is a pretty loose/rubbish call to make - I will leave my previous post to amuse myself - good evidence that I have become way too loose at making hopeful/hero calls.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 22:22:44 PM »
You won"t have 300bb for long if you keep peeling 4x raises with trashy hands and you don"t stack opponents nearly often enough
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 00:30:48 AM »
It"s a cooler Gerry but like the guys said above, there was no need to go broke with this, particularly after you got yourself to a healthier position after your day 2 opening stack. Massive jam on flop gets you no value if you"re ahead and only likely to get called by someone who"s spiked their set (obv not expecting 9/6os though) and you"re left gutted.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 17:15:43 PM »

Think most points have been covered. Anyone saying the 96 call is fine even if 300 bigs deep is wrong. It"s a terrible defend.

At 300BB you are paying 3BB for the chance to stack your opponent - feels like a pretty cheap call to make with massive upside.

Given only 40BB to win here - it is a pretty loose/rubbish call to make - I will leave my previous post to amuse myself - good evidence that I have become way too loose at making hopeful/hero calls.

So you"re basically peeling atc in the hope of stacking an opponent when this deep?
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 19:10:03 PM »
If i was sat on a table and seen someone defend from BB with 96o im insta licking my lips to try and play flops with him.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 22:13:25 PM »

So you"re basically peeling atc in the hope of stacking an opponent when this deep?

Yes - I would pay 3BB to have a shot at 300BB - I accept that people will be licking their lips ... but that would make me lick my lips (squared)

I really do need to get back to the tables ...

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 14:57:59 PM »
And what about the times u flop something that"s not the nuts? Spose u just check fold the K96 board? Or the 9 high flop?

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 15:44:24 PM »
Our bb peeling range obv has to take into account villain type.  Sure we can peel 96o 300x deep if villain is terrible and going to stack off with overpairs/tptk, but the standard is improving, and this won"t apply the vast majority of the time.  A lot of articles years ago talked about the implied odds of peels from the bb, but I dnt really think it applies as much now that people positional awareness and general hand-reading abilities are so much better.

Also:

And what about the times u flop something that"s not the nuts? Spose u just check fold the K96 board? Or the 9 high flop?

Reverse implied odds >>> implied odds in these cases without added info about villain
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 16:22:24 PM »

Our bb peeling range obv has to take into account villain type.  Sure we can peel 96o 300x deep if villain is terrible and going to stack off with overpairs/tptk, but the standard is improving, and this won"t apply the vast majority of the time.  A lot of articles years ago talked about the implied odds of peels from the bb, but I dnt really think it applies as much now that people positional awareness and general hand-reading abilities are so much better.

Also:

Reverse implied odds >>> implied odds in these cases without added info about villain

Exactly. Conditions have to be perfect to make this call remotely profitable otherwise you"re just burning money.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 16:03:29 PM »

On both of the above I would draw the 9 or 6 required ...

These are obviously problem hands ...

The counter to the above is when you get paid on three barrelled bluffs with missed AK typed hands ...

All the face to face tournaments I have played have featured a lot of tragic play and little sign of any amazing leap in standard ... that said I am down to very low volume of tournament play at the moment.

Further if people are getting great at laying down KK then even more scope to bluff with the worse hand ...

How many BB would you want to start playing here?

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 20:51:46 PM »
"Amusingly" - Just got slaughtered in the Big $55 calling with 42o pre flop ... flop ... 842 rainbow ... my opponents does the betting for me ... turn 9 ... he goes all in ... I call ... he holds A8 ... river A ... standard ... 92 vs 110 BB at the start of the hand ...

(still alive with 20BB) ... would have gone 7th of 1345 - albeit very early days ...

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 21:09:44 PM »

"Amusingly" - Just got slaughtered in the Big $55 calling with 42o pre flop ... flop ... 842 rainbow ... my opponents does the betting for me ... turn 9 ... he goes all in ... I call ... he holds A8 ... river A ... standard ... 92 vs 110 BB at the start of the hand ...

(still alive with 20BB) ... would have gone 7th of 1345 - albeit very early days ...

Rio in operation.

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 21:13:25 PM »

Rio in operation.

Actual hh pls.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 21:32:08 PM »
96 isnt a problem hand, because you should just throw it away in this situation.

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 05:43:32 AM »

Actual hh pls.
[/quote]

Roughly : Start of hand : Blinds 25/50 : I am in the BB with 42o : I have c5500 : Villain c4600 : Average c3200
Early position limper is raised all in by micro stack 185.
Button calls - I call - early limper calls.
Flop 842 rainbow - checked to button who bets 500 into 740 - I call - early limper folds.
Turn 9 - I check - Villian all in 3890 overbet into 1740 - I call : River A.

It"s very slightly different - but for a 5 outer on river - in great shape with trash call ...

L