Author Topic: Cash games  (Read 10773 times)

clynd99

• Silver Member
Cash games
« on: February 10, 2008, 13:06:43 PM »
I do okay in tournaments, cashing quite often when i find time to play them, but mostly I play the sit and go"s (usually 1-table games) where I have quite regular success, but I have a question about cash games, why am I so bad at them?
I know that the most money really lies in cash games but I cant seem to turn a constant profit in them. I have alot of faith in my game, even though I am still learning, I"m confident in my understanding of certain situations, my understanding of players and their ranges, but I can"t seem to crack the cash games.
I"m trying not to focus on the "bad luck" I seem to get but it seems quite impossible sometimes (the other day i held K Q on an A 5 10 J board, and was pushed all in by a guy with wired 5"s only for the river to show another J, and I really have lost count of the times money has gone in pre-flop where I"ve had KK and run into AA on a six-handed table. I shouldn"t be folding KK to an all-in raise should I?)
Anybody have any opinions as to why I just can"t grab it? Does anybody else have the same problems? Could it be because I"m trying to improve my cash and tournament play simultaniously? Is it because the players at cash games are so much stronger than the numerous tournament players online?
It"s frustrating as hell, and I just can"t figure out why I can"t crack this nut..  :"(

OooRICKooO

Re: Cash games
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 15:26:20 PM »
Its the programme thats being used m8.  How does someone go all in pre- flop with a 37 and still beat AA?? Some of them understand the prog.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 18:07:59 PM »

Its the programme thats being used m8.  How does someone go all in pre- flop with a 37 and still beat AA?? Some of them understand the prog.

What does that mean?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 18:43:22 PM »
join cardrunners and check out their videos?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 19:10:51 PM »
Part 1 of a 3 part series of CardRunners videos on multi table tournaments is now available to view via the home page.  

texfitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:21:38 AM »
I"m trying not to focus on the "bad luck" I seem to get but it seems quite impossible sometimes (the other day i held K Q on an A 5 10 J board, and was pushed all in by a guy with wired 5"s only for the river to show another J, and I really have lost count of the times money has gone in pre-flop where I"ve had KK and run into AA on a six-handed table. I shouldn"t be folding KK to an all-in raise should I?)

standard if playing on ipoker
epileptic cowboy

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 09:39:17 AM »

standard if playing on ipoker

You say standard on ipoker without seeing what stakes and level, and how much you had in front. I am pushing here as well sometimes, not others

texfitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 09:43:37 AM »
doesn"t matter, first to push on ipoker
epileptic cowboy

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 12:53:38 PM »
This is on Pokerstars.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 12:55:40 PM »

This is on Pokerstars.

Im still doing the same..

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 15:05:57 PM »
Online poker is fixed - they are all cheating, have a look at this for proof...

http://www.billrini.com/2004/11/30/proof-that-online-poker-is-rigged/

;D
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 16:15:01 PM »

Online poker is fixed - they are all cheating, have a look at this for proof...

http://www.billrini.com/2004/11/30/proof-that-online-poker-is-rigged/

;D

LOL

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 14:41:16 PM »
Ahh its not just me then.

I have a good record for STTs and MTTs but am definitely a big loser at cash where I leak most of my winnings away.

I have read all the articles and info about low stakes cash games (usually 10c/20c and 25c/50c) but never manage to make the odds work in my favour.  I generally get my money in in good spots but get outdrawn.

My main conclusion is that I do not play cash enough to settle the variance. I recently started playing 4 tables each time I play.  Because I"m then forced to play much more ABC poker, rather than bluffing the unbluffable fish or making clever moves that result in calling stations getting lucky, my results have improved.

Whilst this has helped somewhat my main reason for playing cash is to boost my bankroll and this only happens very rarely.

Are these limits too low? Seems stupid to moan about luck boxes when I want them to call on most occasions?

Think I will stick to grinding it out in STTs and hope for a big MTT score!!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 00:07:28 AM »
I have greater variance in tournaments than I do cash.

Patience is definitely the key for my cash game, but others approach it differently.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 16:09:46 PM »
im just trying to convert from stt"s to cash, what sort of roll do i need for 10/25 c nl or 25/50 nl? any advice would be greatly apreciated, Cheers Chris