Author Topic: How would you read this play??  (Read 9912 times)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Re: How would you read this play??
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 12:41:01 PM »
I agree with Max. Limp UTG looks strong. However I think folding 10, 10 pre flop is too tight.

Also why I wouldn"t shove in this spot. Raise to 1600 for info.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

UKChamp

• Silver Member
  • Yesterdays hero
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 17:31:18 PM »
1600, called, flop comes - either overcards or low flop and your checked too - now what?

more to the point you have invested a large portion of your stack knowing that to hit the flop your a long shot and to have undercards on the flop ur also a long shot, even worse you could be drawing slim to a limp call overpair and you wont know because youl be checked to on the flop and be forced to continue for the rest of your stack.

folding is obviously vtight but with the structure id prefer to be raising first in with 89o than calling or rr preflop with TT, its hardly a monster..
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 17:37:17 PM by UKChamp »

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 00:44:41 AM »
Not a monster but too strong to fold.

Shoving is turning the hand into a bluff- only really getting called when way behind or in a coin flip.

I don"t mind raise/folding to 1600.

I proceed on the flop dependant on what I"ve seen of the player. Too generic to say but if I"d seen him limp a lot I"m probably betting any flop strong.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

wizzlet

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 08:24:37 AM »
Pocket 10s generally don"t play too well post flop so a clear plan is needed here. Ideally you want to take the hand preflop if poss so you need to raise big vs the limper, at least 5BBs. If he still calls then I"d be shoving on that flop every time if its checked to me but I"d fold to a raise putting him on an over pair.

My partner says she"d flat call the raise and see what comes out, then fold to a pot sized bet but reraise a smaller bet, then fold if that doesnt work.