Author Topic: Depressed, sick as a parrot.....  (Read 9304 times)

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
Re: Depressed, sick as a parrot.....
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 13:38:25 PM »

You did come across pretty sour and big headed! What was the line "i came 48th in some ladies comp!!"

Think you may have me mixed up with someone else.... I never actually finished 48th in any ladies comp.....
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 14:25:34 PM »

You did come across pretty sour and big headed! What was the line "i came 48th in some ladies comp!!"

Think you may have me mixed up with someone else.... I never actually finished 48th in any ladies comp.....

Linziwan was saying at the Lithuainian open that she"d won some ladies comp not finished 48th!! (There were only 7 in it  ;D)

Apparently this was justification for calling people donks when they beat her or did what she considered as bad play.

I had quite an exciting little discussion with her before someone moaned that it should be saved for the forum not carried on at the final table of a tournament. At this point I apologised and stopped.

Fortunately when you win a competition you have a golden ticket to carry on regardless of what other people think so she got the last word in!!

PS: Linz. Just out of curiosity when you won that tournament did you at any point manage to outdraw anyone when you were behind?? Careful of your answer here you could be setting yourself up to be a donk  ;)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 02:08:41 AM by evilpie »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 18:05:04 PM »
Easy guys,

Having read this thread, I believe it was created in the hope of understanding her current poker situation, which can be put down to variance and the poker gods.

I don"t think it needs to turn into a character assasination, which goes against everything apat is about.

Hope it turns round for you linziwan.

Leigh

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 18:56:45 PM »
Having read the replies to Linzi"s post I am quite shocked at how it has turned into a blatant attack on her.

Where"s the APAT spirit, yes we all have our frustrated moments and sometimes vent, but these responses to her is just taking it too far and has gone wayy off topic from what Linzi had posted about.

Im disgusted.
Mary Kivlin

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 20:27:20 PM »

Say hi at the next National you attend (if I get there) and I will buy you a drink to unruffle your feathers and show you I"m not the bad tempered witch you think I am.

Linz, I can assure you my feathers are not ruffled. If it bothered me what people do or say during or after a poker game then I would have given the game up many years ago.

I don"t, for the record, think you are a bad tempered witch either. I am fully aware of your comments after the event and was quite happy that we were all friends of APAT and it"s values.

All this recent post of mine was trying to point out was that if Karma does exist then saying "nh" "gg" "gl" etc is probably the better option.

I"ll still take you up on that drink though  ;)

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 01:34:34 AM »
I wouldn"t want to be part of anything considered as character assassination so I apologise if my comments appear that way.

Having read them back they are maybe a bit below the belt so again i am sorry.

I must admit to a having a little bug to bare following a mini debate during the Lithuainian open. I wasn"t even involved as I had been knocked out but for some reason felt compelled to say something as some of Linziwan"s comments were in my opinion out of order.

This post just seemed like an opportunity to say my bit which I should not have done. If I"m honest I kind of see internet monikers as names rather than real people. I"m not trying to be personal as I don"t even know who Linziwan is or what her name is (as I"m sure she doesn"t know mine).

So I hope your luck changes Linz and if it doesn"t try to remember that it"s only poker. There"s plenty of worse things that can happen in life so take it on the chin when your aces get cracked and take comfort in the fact that if poker"s the only thing you"ve got to be depressed about you"re pretty well off.

Cheers

Matt (Evilpie) Russell..........

Just so you know ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 02:10:50 AM by evilpie »

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 01:37:07 AM »
Cant believe how out of order that evilpie is i havent even posted on this thread!  ;D

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 01:57:13 AM »

Cant believe how out of order that evilpie is i havent even posted on this thread!  ;D

Funny Hopkin.......

......Very funny ;D ;D ;D

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 23:04:31 PM »

Say hi at the next National you attend (if I get there) and I will buy you a drink to unruffle your feathers and show you I"m not the bad tempered witch you think I am.

Linz, I can assure you my feathers are not ruffled. If it bothered me what people do or say during or after a poker game then I would have given the game up many years ago.

I don"t, for the record, think you are a bad tempered witch either. I am fully aware of your comments after the event and was quite happy that we were all friends of APAT and it"s values.

All this recent post of mine was trying to point out was that if Karma does exist then saying "nh" "gg" "gl" etc is probably the better option.

I"ll still take you up on that drink though  ;)

This is good advice, I know it can be hard sometimes to hide your contempt for your subordinates in live events, but one of the benefits of online poker is you can type gg, nh, gl thus protecting the integrity of the APAT experience, when you"re really thinking:

[youtube=325,250]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxmJsMzC62U[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 23:06:38 PM by WarBwastard »

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 08:04:53 AM »
I know exactly how you feel Linzi just know that it can last FOREVER.

I"ve been on a three month downward swing with regard to variance and there"s not much you can do.

Played Walsall £100 last night lost with AA on A QQ9 board when my opponent flopped quads.

Long term by it"s very definition can be a very very very long time!

Good luck
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose