Author Topic: Two Zoom hands  (Read 3786 times)

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Two Zoom hands
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:34:45 PM »
Hand 1

PokerStars Zoom Hand #82520178129:  Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2012/06/27 10:40:40 WET [2012/06/27 5:40:40 ET]
Table "Whirlpool" 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: HERO ($30.13 in chips)
Seat 2: Nikita234 ($17.89 in chips)
Seat 3: Beganner ($11.45 in chips)
Seat 4: Alvinpe85 ($30.78 in chips)
Seat 5: palekings ($26.60 in chips)
Seat 6: SapF1R ($23.84 in chips)
Seat 7: Winnerboy13 ($37.45 in chips)
Seat 8: kenneeoin ($26.22 in chips)
Seat 9: ouwegum ($42.31 in chips)
Nikita234: posts small blind $0.10
Beganner: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Kc Kh]
Alvinpe85: folds
palekings: folds
SapF1R: folds
Winnerboy13: raises $0.75 to $1
kenneeoin: folds
ouwegum: folds
HERO: raises $1.40 to $2.40
Nikita234: folds
Beganner: folds
Winnerboy13: raises $6.60 to $9
HERO: calls $6.60
*** FLOP *** [4d 2s Ac]
Winnerboy13: bets $4.25
HERO: calls $4.25
*** TURN *** [4d 2s Ac] [Kd]
Winnerboy13: bets $24.20 and is all-in

HERO: ??????

Hand 2

PokerStars Zoom Hand #82522013893:  Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2012/06/27 11:54:52 WET [2012/06/27 6:54:52 ET]
Table "Whirlpool" 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Dock2727 ($25 in chips)
Seat 2: StJimmy88 ($29.92 in chips)
Seat 3: HERO ($18.50 in chips)
Seat 4: sstar1417 ($30.19 in chips)
Seat 5: PugoGrasse ($44.97 in chips)
Seat 6: shuestring ($7.58 in chips)
Seat 7: catwoman1270 ($26.72 in chips)
Seat 8: sent737 ($59.85 in chips)
Seat 9: CarppiCala ($25 in chips)
StJimmy88: posts small blind $0.10
HERO: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Kc Ac]
sstar1417: folds
PugoGrasse: folds
shuestring: folds
catwoman1270: folds
sent737: folds
CarppiCala: raises $0.37 to $0.62
Dock2727: folds
StJimmy88: folds
HERO: raises $0.78 to $1.40
CarppiCala: calls $0.78
*** FLOP *** [6c 7s Tc]
HERO: checks
CarppiCala: bets $1.85
HERO: raises $3.25 to $5.10
CarppiCala: raises $11.90 to $17
HERO: ?????

Think this one"s the easier decision but interested to hear views
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

deanp27

• Platinum Member
Re: Two Zoom hands
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 13:13:06 PM »
Don"t play full ring cash but...,,

Hand 1
If you are calling flop you are never folding turn. Might consider folding flop though. If he has aces ( which he has alot of the time) then fair enough but there is a chance he has ak or is a spaz

Hand 2
All in as played, raise more pre
Looking forward to making my first day 2

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 13:23:31 PM »
First one - 3 bet bigger - $3.30 ish - 4bet pre and get it in. No value in trying to get tricky. As played we can never ever fold now.

Second one - 3 bet bigger - $2 ish. Bet the flop for sure. If he raises then I just call and re-evaluate turn. Probably fine to get it in on the flop but I wouldn"t love it as we will always be behind albeit marginally.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 16:03:09 PM »
Presume as it"s Zoom there are no metagame considerations? Not too much to add to the above comments.

Hand 1: You could probably get away with 3betting a little bigger in Zoom, but there"s nothing massively wrong with the raise sizing. I"m probably jamming it in pre, expecting to get more value from QQ and AK rather than worrying about AA (and I wouldn"t want to hero fold in case I"m wrong :P). As played, you"ve hit gin on the turn. If you"re not calling here you"re putting him on AA - so why did you call the flop? Easy call.

Hand 2: If in position, raise sizing comment would be same as above. Out of position, it"s too small for me. As played, I"d lead out (AK on its own is still good most of the time, ignoring your massive draw - and winning with Ace high is never bad) an amount where I can 3jam the flop over a raise. Around $2.40 feels right. Raising more pre gets more money in with the best hand at the time and gives you more options post flop. As played, I"m both fist-pump shoving and dancing in my underwear.

Will disagree with Mark though and say that bet-calling the flop is the worst thing you can do. You give up one chance to hit your nut draw and overs, if you miss then I presume you get taken off your hand, you may also lose value from a worse draw as it"s much harder to get it in on the turn. Should you hit on the turn you may lose your action from a made hand (i.e. T9). The pot size from previous action will always make it +EV to get your chips in on the flop.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 19:01:08 PM »
 Both hands i say 3 bet bigger. 3x is ok or even 4x in cash games for value. In first hand i would 5 bet aipf but as played fold flop and stop slowrolling on turn when u hit set.
 2nd hand 3 bet more like  $1.8-$2. When u check raise flop on a nice board like that u have to have a plan as to what you do if they come back over. Personally id play for stacks, never in horrible shape, worst case is if they have set.

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 19:07:03 PM »
Call/call, sit with a full stack.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 20:33:24 PM »
yes, deffo have the auto reload on.

First hand: I"m looking to get it all in pre with KK here. As played, cannot think of any reason to not call here. You obviously have not narrowed his range to AA only on the flop, the K on the turn changes nothing so you have to call.

second hand: happy to get it in here as well.

I also agree that your 3 bet raise sizes can be bigger here. They are fine in tourney situations but in cash you want to be "playing for stacks" rather than "chipping up"
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 11:44:46 AM »
Thanks all

Hand 1

His bet on the flop was so small ... then obviously the K on the turn and I"m only losing to one hand and....
He had AA of course, but sigh and move on.

Hand 2
I got it all in, eventually. Villian had an inferior flush draw with  8c 7c which is an interesting hand to raise call with but there you go.
I binked the K on the turn

auto-reload now set to ON

My online cash game needs work (it"s not the only area obviously) and maybe Zoom isn"t the place to be working on it

Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 19:02:28 PM »
Regarding the 3 bet sizes, in cash you want to build stacks (not smallball it) to maximise your win rate because players sit deep 100-200bbs. So i think raising 3-4x and 3 betting bigger is good. In tournys, stacks are way more shallow and variance is higher so no need to raise 3-4x because you are going to be loosing too much when u get shoved on and u have to fold trash.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 08:47:15 AM »
Hand one.

Disclaimer: I have not played FR Zoom.

I would get it in pre. The way you played it is OK but I think you will gain more value by just shoving it in pre. If he has AA then it"s a cooler and these spots even themselves out.

When we flat call what are we putting him on? I would give him a range of AA, QQ and AK given that it is FR and the way the action has gone. He could be spazzing out but no reason to think so and I think this is a fair enough range. So shoving is definitely +EV as he is usually calling and you are usually miles ahead. I have not played much online FR cash lately but usually at this level people don"t take this line with JJ or AQ.

So pre flop we have a pot of $18.10 and effective stats of $26.45

The flop is terrible for our hand. He makes a strange sized bet, it would be useful to have an idea of the player here but it is Zoom so I guess we don"t. Folding to the bet seems very weak but if we call it we make a pot of $26.60 with stacks of about $22 so he can make a weak looking bet on the turn and still get his stack in on the river. The only hand he can have we beat is QQ. Folding is fine. I hate calling as we basically have to give up on every turn that is not a king (and we might still be losing if it is) and we are basically hoping it gets checked down after the turn and there is still a chance we get bluffed off our hand. I would actually prefer to click it back in this spot than call but think folding is best.

On the turn it is an easy get it in as it is more likely he has AK than AA anyway and the pot odds are really good.

Although I can see myself doing exactly what you did a lot of the time the best way to play the hand would be to firstly get it allin pre and secondly fold on this flop.

Hand Two

Preflop I would 3-bet to $2.25. Given the fact we have made the raise so small I think the hand he had is an excellent hand to raise/call with. I would not think tis if the 3-bet had been to about $2.25.

Anyway the flop is great for our hand. I would definitely lead out and look to get it in. I am not fist pumping because it"s not a great spot, all the sets are in his range but so are JJ and QQ. Given the way it has played I am not at all convinced when we get it in my Ace and King outs are good but by that time we have odds to get it in on our flush draw and the fact there is always the chance they are good as people go mad with overpairs.

My thoughts on this hand are, 3-bet bigger to around $2.25 and lead out on the flop for about three quarters of the pot.

Agree with Wills comments on raise sizing also.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.