Author Topic: An interesting situation...  (Read 6893 times)

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: An interesting situation...
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 22:16:13 PM »
Now we were never told of the verbal exchange. I"m never going to win one of those chipsets! If you were doing it Harrington on hold em Vol 3 style surely you would have put:

Bubble time (8 left) on the final table of an APAT Regional tournament.
You are second sh/stack with appx 9000.
The sh/stack has 5500 and is sitting on your immediate right.
Blinds are 2000/4000.
You have 2000 invested (with 7000 behind), in the SB with  kh ks

First 3 players fold.
Next player, the chip leader, limps in... You consider this player to be very competent.
Next player folds.
And the sh/stack moves in on the button, for 5500.

The BB will only have to call 1500 and has enough chips that you expect him to at least call with any two cards.

What do you do?

a) fold
b) raise all in
c) call
d) chat up chip leader

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 15:21:16 PM by Swinebag22 »
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Ironside

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 01:23:22 AM »
having had months to think about it i am still pushing in as i am in it to win it

texfitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 09:23:46 AM »
surely a clock must have been called by now  ;D
epileptic cowboy

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 22:04:52 PM »
No wonder it takes John so long to update the league standings. ;)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 13:03:22 PM »
First time I"ve seen this.

If you push, Billy Big Stack will fold pretty much anything, other than AA. 

If you call, he"s going to call as well, so you get more chips in the pot.  If the flop comes Axx, then you check it down.  If it doesn"t have an ace, you make a bet on the flop to increase the chips you want to accumulate. 

Checking it down regardless isn"t a bad option either, especially if you"re treating it as a satellite first and foremost.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008, 14:44:59 PM »
If you think it"s going to get checked down then the extra player against the short stack can only be good so call.

If you"re not sure what you"ll do if an ace hits then fold. Presumably it is going to be checked down unless someone hits the nuts so the call is probably right but what if someone pushes if an ace hits?

I think I"d assume that at least one of them has an ace and someone has some kind of pair (I"m feeling negative on the bubble). If it"s the short stack with the ace then you"re adding to his chips if he hits and decimating yourself in the process. If one of the others has the ace then he knocks out the short stack and you"re through. Either way it doesn"t make any difference whether you"re in the hand or not.

I think the right move is to fold. Unfortunately I think if I"m playing here I probably shove but that"s likely my lack of experience and my reluctance to want any difficult decisions after the flop if an ace hits and it doesn"t check down.

I definitely wouldn"t flat call because I just wouldn"t want to face any decisions after the flop (poor poker I know but I"ve not been playing long enough to get clever with KK)

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008, 15:40:05 PM »
Check if the bar is still open..it is? You dont have enough chips left to mess about, push allin!! ;)