Author Topic: Cash games  (Read 2895 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Cash games
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:59:42 AM »
I normally play STT/MTT games and occasionally play cash games. But I cannot convert my winning strategy from the STT/MTT to the cash game. After watching some videos on cardrunners on cash games, I thought I would give cash another go. I ust to play 10 men games but this time a played 6 seated games and now I am a winning cash player (for now)  

Question
Is this because I have been watching videos?
Is this because I have learnt from my mistakes?
Is this because of variance?
Is it because of 6 seated instead of 10?

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Cash games
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 11:18:21 AM »
The 6 max videos on cardrunners are very good and you can learn a lot very quickly from them, they probably just gave you a better understanding of how you are supposed to play cash games in general

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 15:08:26 PM »
I made a similar post not long ago, and I just can"t crack cash games at all.
I"ve come to the conclusion that in cash games when the money goes in you should fold kings, everytime. Maybe I should be playing limit hold"em?

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 08:23:42 AM »
sometimes peoples styles suit one game over another- stick with what your good at

but experiment on the other when you can and its not to exspensive

oneill1970

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 16:09:39 PM »
I play limit cash games for tiny amounts - the amounts where people will go in with pretty much anything! - and have gradually increased my bankroll, but not by much, and am in the middle of a 50BB downswing at the moment.  I use the player points this generates to buy into tournaments, though, which has more than balanced this out, so I guess it"s technically a profit.

Overall my STT/MTT performance is miles better, but I still play cash games to get a different perspective on things, and, even when losing, I think it adds depth to your game.
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 16:25:11 PM »
for some reason when I start running bad at SNG I switch to Cash games and start to do well again when i start to run bad at cash I switch to SNg and start to do well at them

for cash games i play either .02/.04 or .5/.10 and i start with $3 that allows me to have enough to discourage idle callers but little enough to call an all in by a bigger stack without it being painful

i find i can usually double up quickly enough

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 18:23:56 PM »

for some reason when I start running bad at SNG I switch to Cash games and start to do well again when i start to run bad at cash I switch to SNg and start to do well at them

for cash games i play either .02/.04 or .5/.10 and i start with $3 that allows me to have enough to discourage idle callers but little enough to call an all in by a bigger stack without it being painful

i find i can usually double up quickly enough

S"funny, I"m similar, but slighty different.

When I"m hitting in MTT"s online, I generally get outdrawn live, but at the same time as hitting online MTT"s I get murdered in ring games, but tend to do well in live cash games. Go figure.  ::)

So what i need to do really is go to DTD and if i"m doing well in an MTT there, pull out my laptop and start playing cash at same time!!!  8)