Author Topic: comments please on a recent hand  (Read 5689 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: comments please on a recent hand
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 16:15:34 PM »
for example purposes lets say you have pegged the BB as a wee bit loose passive and you guesstimate him calling - QQ-22,AQs-AJs,KQs,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,AQo-AJo,KQo

as long as your ep range isn"t overly wide then cbetting this flop texture might show a profit against lets say pretty unaware types :)
if you cbet here with your entire range then in a vacuum its probably a break even EV play at best imho against guys of the ability you are playing..
something you need to think about/improve upon is how to best manipulate your opponents range so that all of your lines can be profitable in the long run...
btw get pokerstove and play around with it, always use it to review hands you play or see others playing, learning off others mistakes can be good you know :)

is it right/ok to cbet at these effective stack sizes or not to cbet, that is the question?
whatever your stlye/range/image for ep you could for example divide [edit - your cbet range] into what the internet kiddies call a nut/air range, so basically you could cbet hands that you are willing to stack off with, the air part can be hands that you have no showdown value.. your medium strength stuff which has showdown value you can choose to delay cbet or call on the turn, choose hands in your range which may be best but cannot stand a reraise on the flop and become weaker if called for example..
your cbet is ok imho, the key is the 1 over which maybe good for showdown or even thin value come the river, and the 89 part of the flop is giving you backdoor outs with your ten...
as played i don"t mind it every now and then against better players where you have to mix it up but against the $5 std mtt"ers its questionable but not overly spewy but checking behind the turn now you pick up equity will be best mostly...

so work on putting opponents on ranges, work on the different types of lines that they take and what they mean, and if a opponent chooses to bluff catch and gets sucked out on then tell him good call ""what are you crying about?"" and turn chat off :)

the toffees are 1 down so my attention is diverted but i hope the above helps.... edit 1-1 with 10 men :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 17:59:24 PM by noble1 »

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 18:26:04 PM »
Here"s my tuppence worth..

A/10 utg full ring = fold
A/10 Short handed = raise 100-120 (can also be dependant on your view of those with position on you)

As played - Flop checked to you I"ve no problem with C Bet as your opponent could have completely missed or hated the clubs. The opponent check/call on flop will probably (and did) get u a free turn/river combo for you backdoor draws. Now that you"ve hit one of your cards there"s no reason to steam in, particularly after the call on flop suggests the opponent didn"t miss the flop.

You"re in position here so keep the pot under control, you"ve played yourself into a spot where you could"ve very easily bust out, and more importantly on a board that could"ve already had you crushed.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 16:57:10 PM »
Fold Pre, Check back Flop, Defo give up turn, Get there on river!!!

Fold Pre- With the stack sizes even if you are no where near the money you basically dictated to play a ICM style game and preserve chips - Tight is Right!

Check Back Flop- Your not value betting and its a bad spot to bluff as you have very little equity and people wont fold much on this flop with better hands. Your not betting to protect your hand either and your asking to be bluffed,semi bluffed where as people would play more honest on the turn if you check back.

Defo Give up Turn- Once he calls the flop he is never giving up the hand as hes put a good % of his stack in the pot. And your hand looks pretty face up by shoving IMO.

I lost concentration while typing this so may not make 100% sense but hope it helps :)