Author Topic: Vegas Vengeance II - APAT in Vegas 2013  (Read 198007 times)

Hammerite

• Gold Member
Re: Vegas Vengeance II - APAT in Vegas 2013
« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2013, 09:05:00 AM »

So - who is going to be flying on the Virgin flight on the 7th and who will be flying economy on that flight?

I am on this flight in cattle class with three other degens.
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2013, 12:30:52 PM »
First Thursday...continued

Well, it looks like we won"t have a full complement until 8pm which actually, I think, works out quite well as I don"t imagine anywhere will get going until the evening anyway.

I"m going to limit the list of potential places to just a few but this is, of course, entirely at each persons discretion and alcohol capacity.

I"ve tried for a little bit of variety for each one on my list.

Food

I"m not going to bother making any suggestions here. I think most of these places will offer food of some variety.

I did consider the Heart Attack Grill but I"ve been put off by some less than enthusiastic reviews of the food...and I hate their website design.

It might be worth it for the experience but I think we can find better things to do with our time.

Getting Started

Starting off slowly with a blast from the past, I thought we would gather at Insert Coin(s).

A mix of Bar/Video Arcade with a dance floor (if you must) it should provide ample opportunity of the more mature participants to revisit their mis-spent youth and get the spirit of competition going.

Moving On

I don"t imagine we"ll spend too much time at Insert Coin(s) so we can keep the fun going at Backstage Bar & Billiards.

Again, perhaps only an hour or so here but, as always, it"s a free flowing situation.

Getting Heavy

Since we have all missed it on previous occasions, and Adam wants it..we move on to Hogs & Heifers for as long as we like.

If you ever saw the film "Coyote Ugly", this is the Vegas version of the NY bar on which that movie was based.

It is what it is.

Easing Off

If we feel like backing off and chilling down then my last suggestion is Park on Fremont.

The actual website is a non-functional nightmare of an experience so I"m linking in from FremontStreetBars.com.

They are open to 3 a.m. whereas H&H closes at 2 a.m.

That do?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 15:57:00 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »

First Thursday...continued

Well, it looks like we won"t have a full complement until 8pm which actually, I think, works out quite well as I don"t image anywhere will get going until the evening anyway.

I"m going to limit the list of potential places to just a few but this is, of course, entirely at each persons discretion and alcohol capacity.

I"ve tried for a little bit of variety for each one on my list.

Food

I"m not going to bother making any suggestions here. I think most of these places will offer food of some variety.

I did consider the Heart Attack Grill but I"ve been put off by some less than enthusiastic reviews of the food...and I hate their website design.

It might be worth it for the experience but I think we can find better things to do with out time.

Getting Started

Starting off slowly with a blast from the past, I thought we would gather at Insert Coin(s).

A mix of Bar/Video Arcade with a dance floor (if you must) it should provide ample opportunity of the more mature participants to revisit their mis-spent youth and get the spirit of competition going.

Moving On

I don"t imagine we"ll spend too much time at Insert Coin(s) so we can keep the fun going at Backstage Bar & Billiards.

Again, perhaps only an hour or so here but, as always, it"s a free flowing situation.

Getting Heavy

Since we have all missed it on previous occasions, and Adam wants it..we move on to Hogs & Heifers for as long as we like.

If you ever saw the film "Coyote Ugly", this is the Vegas version of the NY bar on which that movie was based.

It is what it is.

Easing Off

If we feel like backing off and chilling down then my last suggestion is Park on Fremont.

The actual website is a non-functional nightmare of an experience so I"m linking in from FremontStreetBars.com.

They are open to 3 a.m. whereas H&H closes at 2 a.m.

That do?

it"s a start ;)
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2013, 14:02:54 PM »
Im in :D
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2013, 15:26:28 PM »
I"m planning (confirming by September as need to get new contract and actually buy) to fly in Wednesday 6th so definitely up for this :)
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2013, 23:02:00 PM »
Having given it careful consideration. I am in. Loving the idea of coins in, will be like 25 years in the past, Saturday afternoons, ahhh I remember it well.

I still have not booked Harrahs. I really should do that.

-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2013, 23:16:00 PM »

Julie has agreed that I can go with you lot, on my own if she goes to a festival in August, so I am just waiting to see if that goes ahead and will know by the end of the month.

How is this not the greatest deal in the history of deals?

Have fun at the festival Joobie :-)

FESTIVAL TICKETS BOOKED

So you know what that means...
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2013, 01:16:59 AM »
Plan for me is to fly in on Wednesday evening (6th) and fly back on the Friday (15th) morning via LAX.

Have booked the Flamingo from the Sunday onwards but still deciding where to stay for the first part of the trip. I"m hoping that I get 2 comped nights at The Orleans for the first two (I have them in my offer box but the current offer only lets me book to October - I have noticed that this tends to roll over closer to the time) and hoping to do my Priceline trick for the Friday/Saturday as rates are MEGA huge.

But, erm, yes. Count me IN. I am coming to VEGAS!

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2013, 10:05:40 AM »

Flight booked

Virgin

Outbound - 7th November 2013
Inbound - 23rd November 2013

Hotels booked

Main Street Station (Downtown) 7th & 8th
Harrahs (Strip) 9th - 15th
Orleans (Offstrip) 16th - 22nd

ESTA

Applied but Pending?

Wedge

Travellers Cheques ordered.

Anticipation

Mounting

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2013, 11:08:22 AM »
Just as a slight aside, and not wanting to pour sour grape juice on as yet unspilt milk, but if I remember correctly the first night last time, whilst filled with excitement, merriment and anticipation, sorta went a bit flat about 9pm (5am for us) as people flagged after a very long days travel, and therefore I was wondering if a "big night dan-tan" might be just a little over ambitious. (am obv going for the longest sentence in the world here as well ;))
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2013, 11:21:59 AM »
I"m having a nap first!  ;D

Silly BA flight times...Virgin FTW.

Anyway, people are free to drop in or out as they want...no pressure...just a suggestion.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2013, 12:17:04 PM »

Just as a slight aside, and not wanting to pour sour grape juice on as yet unspilt milk, but if I remember correctly the first night last time, whilst filled with excitement, merriment and anticipation, sorta went a bit flat about 9pm (5am for us) as people flagged after a very long days travel, and therefore I was wondering if a "big night dan-tan" might be just a little over ambitious. (am obv going for the longest sentence in the world here as well ;))

I agree, but we are not limited to only doing this once.

The main reason the first night went a bit flat imo is everybody started to play poker in that Harrahs tournament those of us who stayed in the bar type thing with the piano kept going quite well, although I was broken by 1am Vegas time. Could try having a nap first I guess but that does not sound like it will work as it will break the high of being in Vegas which is part of the fun, it"s the first night in Vegas just keep going until you drop. I say go with the plan (it will probably end early but it does not matter) and do it again on the Sunday or something. I am going to call a meeting in Cardiff on Sunday to discuss :-)

Should I booked Downtown for the first two nights btw? I don"t really like moving about but if that is what everybody else is doing so be it. Would be good to spend some time down there.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »

Should I booked Downtown for the first two nights btw? I don"t really like moving about but if that is what everybody else is doing so be it. Would be good to spend some time down there.

Steve,

At the moment, I think it"s only me...and Adam.

Staying Downtown for Thu & Fri nights for me was based on a couple of things.

Firstly, I hadn"t booked anywhere for those nights initially because I hadn"t expected to fly out until Saturday.

Secondly, the prices for anywhere on the Strip for those nights were firking extortionate...even under the deal that Curly got they wanted $105 per night before tax AND resort fee.

With the suggestion that we hit H&H it made sense for me to stay Downtown because I"m paying only $125 for the two nights (including tax) and MSS don"t charge a resort fee AND it"s a short stagger back to the hotel when I"m pished on Thursday night.

Yes it will cost me a few more bucks in the taxi to get there from the airport (and again for the transfer to Harrahs) but so be it.

Don"t feel you have to if you don"t want to.....but if you can deal with the minor hassle of switching hotels it"s worth the experience in my opinion.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2013, 12:41:25 PM »

I say go with the plan (it will probably end early but it does not matter) and do it again on the Sunday or something. I am going to call a meeting in Cardiff on Sunday to discuss :-)

Uh uh....haven"t you seen the plan for Saturday & Sunday?

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2013, 13:17:55 PM »
Myself and Matty will be in harrahs using the code Rich baker gave I believe.

That"s for the duration.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013