Author Topic: Vegas Vengeance II - APAT in Vegas 2013  (Read 198122 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Vegas Vengeance II - A JAPAT Adventure.....AKA "The Sequel"
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 19:34:36 PM »

Vegas planning meeting. Opened and closed in roughly 40 seconds.

7th November 2013 - 17th November 2013

Attendees

Ger Smyth
Stuart Ward
Matthew Ward.

Motion seconded and passed.

Noted
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2013, 20:38:59 PM »
Bugger. We can"t do those dates.

Have fun!
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2013, 23:42:53 PM »
Time off is booked. Now just need to book a flight and hotel

Edit: OK look I have waited nearly 12 hours where are the minutes of this meeting? I was sure Stu and Ger would do a full job whilst at the pub ffs.

Which flight am I booking, which Hotel are we in, are we staying 10 nights?

I assume we are flying out of Manc? On the dates you give there are only flights from/to Gatwick £641/person which would be OK imo. I will do some reaseach on hotels now. Not at all excited at the moment of course.

VEGAS

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/book-your-travel/book-your-flight/flight-search-results.html?departure=LGW&arrival=LAS&departureDate=7%2F11%2F13&returnDate=17%2F11%2F13&adult=1&classType=6&classTypeReturn=6&findFlights=go&isreturn=yes&jsEnabled=true&search_type=lowest_fare&bookingPanelLocation=BookYourFlight

Paulie - is this any good?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:06:35 AM by AAroddersAA »
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2013, 13:09:07 PM »
Out From Manc Staying In Harrahs. Minutes With The Secretary.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2013, 13:34:36 PM »

Out From Manc Staying In Harrahs. Minutes With The Secretary.

Sounds like a plan.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2013, 13:53:24 PM »
Oops Virgin Not Flying From Manc On Those Dates Back To The Meeting....

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2013, 14:43:57 PM »

I assume we are flying out of Manc? On the dates you give there are only flights from/to Gatwick £641/person which would be OK imo. I will do some reaseach on hotels now. Not at all excited at the moment of course.

I"ll be booking the time off but I will be waiting a few months before committing to flights etc. Purely a financial issue on my side.

£650 for cattle class with VS is standard. You might be able to save a few quid if you wait for the sales that roll  every so often but in my experience Vegas doesn"t fluctuate very much. By booking early you have the comfort of knowing it"s done and that has a value all of it"s own.

Hotel-wise. for 10 days I will be splitting it in half and do 5 days (probably in Harrahs or Ballys) and the other five in the Orleans.

I would recommend it to all, decent poker room, lower table limits (usually), decent entertainment options and McMullans is a very short stagger away.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2013, 14:52:07 PM »
I will spend the next hour doing some research on flights - both direct and indirect.

Leaving 7th November 10:30am from Manchester with AA, 1 change in JFK, land at LAS at 7:20pm
Return 17th November 10:05am from LAS with AA, 1 change in Chicago, land at MAN at 7:45am 18th November.

Total cost is £544pp. There is nothing direct.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 14:59:22 PM by sharplea »
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2013, 14:59:21 PM »

I"ll be booking the time off but I will be waiting a few months before committing to flights etc. Purely a financial issue on my side.

£650 for cattle class with VS is standard. You might be able to save a few quid if you wait for the sales that roll  every so often but in my experience Vegas doesn"t fluctuate very much. By booking early you have the comfort of knowing it"s done and that has a value all of it"s own.

Hotel-wise. for 10 days I will be splitting it in half and do 5 days (probably in Harrahs or Ballys) and the other five in the Orleans.

I would recommend it to all, decent poker room, lower table limits (usually), decent entertainment options and McMullans is a very short stagger away.

Is there an advantage to splitting the hotels?
Harrahs is nice and Central which is good.

Adam/Julie come on, you can do these days, make it happen imo.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2013, 14:59:57 PM »

Adam/Julie come on, you can do these days, make it happen imo.

We can"t. We are going for our anniversary, which you all know is the 21st.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2013, 15:09:52 PM »

No specific cost advantage but 10 days in the same hotel is not something I enjoy.

However, remember I"ve been there and done that in Vegas for a long time. I like the Orleans (I stay there every year) for a variety of reasons and if I want the strip then is a relatively short cab ride away.

Try something new why don"t you?

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2013, 15:17:32 PM »

I will spend the next hour doing some research on flights - both direct and indirect.

Leaving 7th November 10:30am from Manchester with AA, 1 change in JFK, land at LAS at 7:20pm
Return 17th November 10:05am from LAS with AA, 1 change in Chicago, land at MAN at 7:45am 18th November.

Total cost is £544pp. There is nothing direct.

Same price, same outbound, but the return leaves at 8:20pm and is the BA 747 direct flight to LHR, then a 3hr wait til a short flight to MAN. Both bookable via aa.com

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2013, 15:23:04 PM »
Interestingly enough, if you were to fly MAN-LAS on BA via LHR, it would cost you £667 on the BA website.

For the exact same planes, at the exact same times, it would cost £595 on AA.com. The only difference is that AA ticket your flight.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2013, 15:43:29 PM »
Guys.

You"ve also picked a period which covers the very popular Veterans Day weekend in Vegas.

Room rates will be higher accordingly.

7th November - 17th November @ Harrahs = $670 + tax
14th November - 24th November @ Harrahs = $570 + tax

7th November - 17th November @ Orleans = $650 + tax [inc. resort fee (coffee in the room)]
14th November - 24th November @ Harrahs = $555 + tax [inc. resort fee (coffee in the room)]

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2013, 15:48:38 PM »
Adam is correct there seems to be nothing direct from Manchester? Options seem to be fly from Gatwick or take an indirect flight.
Gatwick would be a good option as we could go there the previous day and stay overnight before the flight. What could go wrong?
The indirect flight means we get a stop and can get things like food during this instead of having to eat and drink on plane.
Personally not too worried about the slightly higher room rate, would probably be a good weekend.