Author Topic: The 2nd Online league season 6 cont...  (Read 50704 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: The 2nd Online league season 6 cont...
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 23:52:38 PM »

Does this mean if the individual winner is also part of the winning team he/she wins two Genting Seats?  YES
Also, if you finish runner-up individually and part of the runner-up team you"ll have two WCOAP passports! Are you allowed to enter the main event twice?  ::) NO, but we"d honour the 2nd seat either as a nominated name, or cash towards WCOAP expenses

Oh and thirdly............. Well done APAT on what looks like another fantastic effort in arranging an excellent event with awesome added value  :P  Thank You Muchly

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 06:44:03 AM »
Is there to be any % given to the rest of the team if anybody cashes in the prize tournaments or is this just a bit messy? (has in the first league)    

I know the prizes have been allocated, so this is a bit too late but instead of the % (if that"s the case) you could have a STT/MTT for all the rest of the team (that has not won a prize) for a smaller prize.    

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 08:06:47 AM »

Is there to be any % given to the rest of the team if anybody cashes in the prize tournaments or is this just a bit messy? (has in the first league)    

I know the prizes have been allocated, so this is a bit too late but instead of the % (if that"s the case) you could have a STT/MTT for all the rest of the team (that has not won a prize) for a smaller prize.    

Any splits are down to individual teams to agree.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 08:45:33 AM »
Just a question if I may.

What does everybody think of the stipulation that the top placed national player is automatically selected for the WCOAP team and also that the top 3 teas get places in the National team championship?

The first one is OK I suppose although I would prefer it was not there personally. Why do we have to mess about with the Team Championship though. It is one of APAT's best events and is never under-subscribed I don"t believe? Won"t this mean that other team potentially miss out.

Obviously, at the end of the day, the league is great overall but I don"t see what these two conditions add to it and believe they take something away from the actual events themselves.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 10:08:19 AM »

What does everybody think of the stipulation that the top placed national player is automatically selected for the WCOAP team and also that the top 3 teas get places in the National team championship?

The first one is OK I suppose although I would prefer it was not there personally. Why do we have to mess about with the Team Championship though. It is one of APAT's best events and is never under-subscribed I don"t believe? Won"t this mean that other team potentially miss out.

Obviously, at the end of the day, the league is great overall but I don"t see what these two conditions add to it and believe they take something away from the actual events themselves.

The only negative I heard regarding the top individual players getting a squad place in their national team was the fact that this was a stipulation only in place for the Home Nations.  Does that put them at a disadvantage, I don"t know.  The guys that got to play for their country will probably think not, and they were all new faces to an APAT team event, who all held their own and picked up points for their country.  International squads were extended to either 4 or 5 players, and again, the only downside I heard of was the fact that not everyone got to play the final MTT event.  Something I am looking at for the WCOAP in March.

As for the top three teams getting an invite to play the UK Team Championship, yes, that event is likely to be oversubscribed, as it is every year.  We"ve had two APAT teams entered in the past few events, this will likely be just one forum team this year.  Luton is a great venue, as we"ll be able to hit a 200 capacity (25 teams of 8), so I hadn"t really considered an issue with these three invites taking up other teams spaces.  After all, these three teams would hopefully be rammed with regular APAT players.

I think that this is a great incentive for teams playing in the Online League this time around, and a great way for a bunch of them to meet up in a live event, having played online together for a few months.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 10:31:27 AM »

The only negative I heard regarding the top individual players getting a squad place in their national team was the fact that this was a stipulation only in place for the Home Nations.  Does that put them at a disadvantage, I don"t know.  The guys that got to play for their country will probably think not, and they were all new faces to an APAT team event, who all held their own and picked up points for their country.  International squads were extended to either 4 or 5 players, and again, the only downside I heard of was the fact that not everyone got to play the final MTT event.  Something I am looking at for the WCOAP in March.

As for the top three teams getting an invite to play the UK Team Championship, yes, that event is likely to be oversubscribed, as it is every year.  We"ve had two APAT teams entered in the past few events, this will likely be just one forum team this year.  Luton is a great venue, as we"ll be able to hit a 200 capacity (25 teams of 8), so I hadn"t really considered an issue with these three invites taking up other teams spaces.  After all, these three teams would hopefully be rammed with regular APAT players.

I think that this is a great incentive for teams playing in the Online League this time around, and a great way for a bunch of them to meet up in a live event, having played online together for a few months.

I presume for the team thing that the top 8 players from the regional team would be the baseline for team selection, and that if any can"t make it, the invite would extend down the list.

It may actually create a little contention with some of the regular hardcore teams that will be submitting entries (NPF, LPM, BCPC, etc) in that some of their players may have to make a choice of which team to represent...  should be interesting.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 10:59:12 AM »

I presume for the team thing that the top 8 players from the regional team would be the baseline for team selection, and that if any can"t make it, the invite would extend down the list.

We"re leaving it up to the captains to decide how they would want to select the team.

If I were a captain, I think I would probably state :-

The top 6 indiviudal points scorers + 2 Wildcards (Maybe randomly selected from any other players that play a minimum of 8 matchdays)

Also, I might insist on including myself in the team  ;D

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 12:01:18 PM »

Oops misread the announcement.

I for some reason read that as the top player would get a WCOAP team spot which in my opinion would not be right and too big of a reward for an online league imo. The Home Nations is totally fine I think though. I retract that part of the post.

EDIT: Which Home Nations? Doesn"t this years take place before the end of the league?

RE: the event at Luton, fair enough. I can see all of these point and as long as it does not effect the normal teams who are there every year I am sure it will be great. There is an appeal to "Team Wales" in that event I must admit :)

btw Steve - Really hope West Midlands come top three just cos it would be fun to see how you work that one out. Especially if it came down to Heads Up in Luton, Team West Midlands Vs BCPC for the win  :D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 13:00:49 PM by AAroddersAA »
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 18:24:29 PM »

This is the only disappointing aspect of the set-up. Everything else being excellent.

It needn"t be an overhead to anybody in APAT if a mandatory split was stipulated based on points scored. E.g. 50% to the player and the other 50% to the league points scorers in relation to their contributing points for their team (excluding the player himself). APAT leaves it up to the team to sort out the splitting and paying. If the prize won is too small to divvy up then the 50% could be played for in an MTT on APAT for example.

I firmly believe that anybody who contributes even a single team point (which could be the difference between 1st and 2nd) should gain a slice of any win in a team related prize.

Just stipulate it and leave the rest up to the winning teams! Not too hard surely?
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 18:58:44 PM »

This is the only disappointing aspect of the set-up. Everything else being excellent.

It needn"t be an overhead to anybody in APAT if a mandatory split was stipulated based on points scored. E.g. 50% to the player and the other 50% to the league points scorers in relation to their contributing points for their team (excluding the player himself). APAT leaves it up to the team to sort out the splitting and paying. If the prize won is too small to divvy up then the 50% could be played for in an MTT on APAT for example.

I firmly believe that anybody who contributes even a single team point (which could be the difference between 1st and 2nd) should gain a slice of any win in a team related prize.

Just stipulate it and leave the rest up to the winning teams! Not too hard surely?

Can anyone remind me what the stipulations were for the first league of this season please ?

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 19:03:26 PM »

Can anyone remind me what the stipulations were for the first league of this season please ?

Ignore that.  There is a stipulation in the main T"s & C"s.  I"d moved them to the mods board as they need updating for the new league.

11 - Any player winning a seat at a live or online event through clauses 8, 9 & 10, shall agree to allocate 30% of any prize payout ("the team share") above £1,000 in that event, to qualifying team players from his region.

12 - To become a qualifying team player, players must have scored a minimum of 1 player point during the season.

13 - The team share shall be allocated in ratio to the number of player points that each qualifying team player has earned over the season.

I"m heading out for the evening, but will get it updated and reposted on the League thread.

Apologies for that, clearly a point overlooked by myself.   ;D

Jeffers

• Bronze Member
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 10:42:04 AM »

Do the National Online Cup Team Champions get invited to enter a team event in Luton ? :)
Gotta be in it to win it!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »

Do the National Online Cup Team Champions get invited to enter a team event in Luton ? :)

Unfortunately not, although if people like this type of added value, we may look at other opportunities going forward.

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 16:37:44 PM »
my thoughts on the top ranking players getting in the WCOAP team and it just being the home nation team is not the best  when others teams dont have such stipulations on them. Would it not be better if the home nations cup was all picked from the top ranking players

NellieG

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 00:40:02 AM »
Is there going to be a London Team this Season, as there has been no activity on the London link.