Author Topic: The 2nd Online league season 6 cont...  (Read 50702 times)

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
The 2nd Online league season 6 cont...
« on: September 18, 2012, 00:24:36 AM »
Not sure why the other thread is closed (maybe getting a bit heated?) and cant find another thread so I would just like say well done to Apat for putting forward yet another excellent structure. They have listened to us all and have tweaked it just right i think.

There is something in there for everyone, team prizes, individual prizes and I really like the idea of putting top 3 teams through to the UK Team championship.

The change that I like the most is that top 3 (instead of 4) players are allocated team points. This will give the smaller teams a much better chance of staying in the game.

Well done guys x
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 02:38:45 AM by suzanne »

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: The 2nd Online league season 6 cont...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 00:50:08 AM »
I think they have done pretty well. I think it is worth persevering with the current structure despite its drawbacks - one season probably isn"t enough to see if it settles and I don"t think there was an alternative that is clearly better. I have no doubt that the decisions were made calmly, and not influenced by people who bomb the forum 30 times in one day every six months on this issue and then make virtually no contribution to the forum or attend more than one live tournament for the rest of the year.

The changes reflect several of the suggestions raised in the other discussion thread by various people, such as the freeroll for a Genting seat for people who play 8 games. I like the changes, but I also like the way APAT has listened to the members and incorporated their suggestions.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 02:07:04 AM »

I think they have done pretty well. I think it is worth persevering with the current structure despite its drawbacks - one season probably isn"t enough to see if it settles and I don"t think there was an alternative that is clearly better. I have no doubt that the decisions were made calmly, and not influenced by people who bomb the forum 30 times in one day every six months on this issue and then make virtually no contribution to the forum or attend more than one live tournament for the rest of the year.

The changes reflect several of the suggestions raised in the other discussion thread by various people, such as the freeroll for a Genting seat for people who play 8 games. I like the changes, but I also like the way APAT has listened to the members and incorporated their suggestions.

+1
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:38:53 AM »
Thanks to APAT for setting this up, and for all the patience with all our wishes

As well a big thank you for the prizes, as they are a lot and real good ones  :-*

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 11:02:03 AM »
Sorry, I closed the other thread off as we"d gathered all the feedback we needed for the time being, and it was going round and round in circles a bit.

Appreciate the comments guys.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »
Yup, great job, as usual.

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 11:21:05 AM »
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 15:49:17 PM »

Not sure why the other thread is closed (maybe getting a bit heated?) and cant find another thread so I would just like say well done to Apat for putting forward yet another excellent structure. They have listened to us all and have tweaked it just right i think.

There is something in there for everyone, team prizes, individual prizes and I really like the idea of putting top 3 teams through to the UK Team championship.

The change that I like the most is that top 3 (instead of 4) players are allocated team points. This will give the smaller teams a much better chance of staying in the game.

Well done guys x

^^^^definitely this, great job :)
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 16:04:42 PM »
Thanks APAT excellent delivery as always, looking forward to getting back into the swing of the league once again on Sundays  :)
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

RicayBoy

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 16:06:16 PM »
I think APAT have done as well as they can to satisfy everyone and keep everyone interested even if their team is potentially out of the running. I like the fact that it"s 10 games rather than the rather daunting 15 week schedule before and the buy-in will hopefully be affordable to everyone.

I"m presuming that if you are in the points but the 4th placed finisher for your region, then your points will still count towards the individual prizes but not for the team points. Going forward, it might add an interesting twist that they don"t count towards your individual tally either - that might create some interesting intra-team dynamics!!

A good effort - well done.
Proud Member of Team Luton

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 16:19:31 PM »

I"m presuming that if you are in the points but the 4th placed finisher for your region, then your points will still count towards the individual prizes but not for the team points.

That"s a valid and important question, the answer to which needs to be confirmed please Leigh....

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 16:56:03 PM »

I"m presuming that if you are in the points but the 4th placed finisher for your region, then your points will still count towards the individual prizes but not for the team points.

That"s a valid and important question, the answer to which needs to be confirmed please Leigh....

That was the case in the first league so would presume it's the same for this

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 19:59:28 PM »
Spot on, and I have redone the original announcement based on a suggestion by Andy Duncan that hopefully clears it up for anyone reading it.

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 20:55:57 PM »
I haven"t had any strong views in the run up to the 2nd online league, but I have had confidence that the Apat team would deliver.
This looks a great team event. Well done to all concerned.
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 23:35:32 PM »
(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030