Author Topic: The 2nd Online league season 6 cont...  (Read 50704 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: The 2nd Online league season 6 cont...
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2012, 10:13:46 AM »
Nice post Bri  :)

Kronsdat

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »
Well done Scotland.  Four on the final table last night said it all. 

The Irish could do with a few more players - do none of you folk have Irish grannies or even the odd pint of Guinness?   ;)

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2012, 12:48:35 PM »
Very well done to Scotland for winning the League, and Yorkshire and SW taking the other two spots..

Another success well done APAT very competitive from the start..

Congrats to Tony Trippier and his black currant for winning individual honours do a win at a Genting series now   ;D

Steve for pushing Tony all the way aswell as Damien, made for an exciting finale..

Good luck to the three teams in Luton, look forward to locking horns across the felt..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

shug

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2012, 15:59:49 PM »

Congratulations to the Champions from the Country that is Scotland on your repeat victory. The County that is Yorkshire fought hard for 2nd place and well done to the South West on taking 3rd place from the West Midlands at the death.

BOING BOING !!

here we go again, It`s not fair because Scotland is a Country... from a population of around 5 million we managed to turn out a team capable of winning back to back titles, even with the rule change.....
Should the next league boundaries be defined by population to make it fairer!!!! or should other teams not go out and recruit players.
The present rise in Nationalism in Scotland is driven by the fact that we are treated as a region of England rather than as a country in its own right.
2012 Home International Team Championships Gold Medal Winner... SCOTLAND

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2012, 17:14:14 PM »

Congratulations to the Champions from the Country that is Scotland on your repeat victory. The County that is Yorkshire fought hard for 2nd place and well done to the South West on taking 3rd place from the West Midlands at the death.

BOING BOING !!

here we go again, It`s not fair because Scotland is a Country... from a population of around 5 million we managed to turn out a team capable of winning back to back titles, even with the rule change.....
Should the next league boundaries be defined by population to make it fairer!!!! or should other teams not go out and recruit players.
The present rise in Nationalism in Scotland is driven by the fact that we are treated as a region of England rather than as a country in its own right.

Wow - that"s some serious "reading between the lines" there Shug.

And who"s treating Scotland as a region of England anyway?  God forbid that should ever happen!! :D

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2012, 18:58:21 PM »
I seem to remember Walsall , then West mids winning it all the time so they changed and changed it untill they found a way to beat us. LET ENTER AN ENTIRE QUADRANT OF ENGLAND  (SCOTLAND)  ::)
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2012, 19:04:05 PM »
A simple well done to all those in the winning teams and all those that topped the individual table and all those that have supported the league this time, would most probably suffice.

I don"t really fancy a "who"s got the biggest team" debate at the moment.   ;)

NellieG

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2012, 19:26:49 PM »

A simple well done to all those in the winning teams and all those that topped the individual table and all those that have supported the league this time, would most probably suffice.

Agree Well done all winning teams. London only has 5 people and I believe most weeks I was the only one playing.  I know we had no chance, however, I like to support APAT and have fun playing. If no one wants to admit they live in London and we get no applicants next year, perhaps us Londoners could chose to play for their nearest County.

Happy Christmas Everyone xx

runadrum

• Bronze Member
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2012, 19:45:45 PM »

Congratulations Scotland on the win.

Although I am not Scottish, I do feel an affinity for the country due to both my christian name and my favourite Leeds players in the 1970"s hailing from that nation.

It is therefore with a sad heart (and with tongue firmly in cheek) that I raise the subject of having fielded an unregistered player who asked at my table if there were any "Yorkies" in attendance !

Mind you, as I was not born in Yorkshire the county would have questioned my eligibility in less enlightened times not that long ago (ok, only in cricket) !

Duncan

shug

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2012, 20:09:50 PM »

BOING BOING !!

Wow - that"s some serious "reading between the lines" there Shug.

And who"s treating Scotland as a region of England anyway?  God forbid that should ever happen!! :D

:D Leigh is right.... well done all
2012 Home International Team Championships Gold Medal Winner... SCOTLAND

avongirl

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2012, 01:19:48 AM »
Congratulations to Scotland, Yorkshire (yay!) and South West teams on a magnificent battle for the honours. And well done to the individual winners.

And a big thank you to those who kept lists and tables up to date.

People declaring their hand before they act so that their team mates don"t call.
Is this being dealt with - Presume it falls under Collusion (section 22 in the T&Cs)?

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2012, 03:49:12 AM »

I can fully understand that we may not have much appetite for regurgitating this debate, but......

After another run at the format, do we feel that team size impacts on the outcome of the league?
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2012, 08:56:03 AM »

I can fully understand that we may not have much appetite for regurgitating this debate, but......

After another run at the format, do we feel that team size impacts on the outcome of the league?

Scotland had one of the largest teams, and they won it...... BUT, Yorkshire and SouthWest had two of the smallest teams, and they ran it close for 2nd and 3rd.

In my opinion, the mix is probably about right at the moment.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2012, 10:16:02 AM »

Scotland had one of the largest teams, and they won it...... BUT, Yorkshire and SouthWest had two of the smallest teams, and they ran it close for 2nd and 3rd.

Not quite true Steve

Yorkshire team was not all that small really, we were getting between 12% and 16% of the field each week, I can give you the exact figure if you want.

Not as big as Scotland but not too far behind

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »

Not quite true Steve

Yorkshire team was not all that small really, we were getting between 12% and 16% of the field each week, I can give you the exact figure if you want.

Not as big as Scotland but not too far behind

I was looking at the registered players in the Player Directory thread.....

The fact that Yorks were getting such a large percentage of the field each week from such a comparatively small player registration is testament to the captain"s rallying.