Author Topic: Chatbox abuse in APAT game - APAT code of conduct?  (Read 7902 times)

SolarCarrot

• Bronze Member
Chatbox abuse in APAT game - APAT code of conduct?
« on: October 07, 2012, 20:08:31 PM »
Noticed this last week (week 1) all sorts of abuse and name calling in the chat box

Tonight my fiancee was directly affected being called all sorts of names and coded swearing at her, in all the APAT events I have played this was never a problem, APAT has standards

What has happened to APAT? I thought we were all mature adults who could take the loss of AA like adults! Clearly not in some cases

Dave

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Chatbox abuse in APAT game - APAT code of conduct?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 20:37:07 PM »
you highlight a minority and ask "what is wrong with APAT?"

A bit of perspective please.

These instances are rare in what are pretty good games with great banter.

Obviously the cases you refer to are unacceptable. If you want something doing then I would make a note of the offender and pass his name onto Des/Leigh/Matt.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 20:46:45 PM »
Any instances of chat abuse can be pm"d to Leigh, Matt or myself and we will review the logs following the event. Thankfully this is very rare but it is never acceptable. Responding in kind is not encouraged, keyboard warriors love provoking a response.

Tonight"s incident will be reviewed tomorrow and sanctions taken if appropriate.

Des.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

inthebelly

• Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 20:47:49 PM »
i rarely type or get involved in chat in the chatbox that way you cant be offended or offend anyone.

slowrolling is also an issue lol as i just found out from an actual team member, but i refrain from chat abuse lol

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 21:00:13 PM »

i rarely type or get involved in chat in the chatbox that way you cant be offended or offend anyone.

slowrolling is also an issue lol as i just found out from an actual team member, but i refrain from chat abuse lol

With slowrolling you have to accept there"s a good chance that the oppo could be playing multiple tables or have a temporary connection problem, no matter how much it hurts. No point getting upset about it online.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

inthebelly

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 21:02:22 PM »

With slowrolling you have to accept there"s a good chance that the oppo could be playing multiple tables or have a temporary connection problem, no matter how much it hurts. No point getting upset about it online.

i agree and hope that is the case and im sure it probably was. called the flop bet pretty quick but seemed to dwell an awful long time on the turn but hey ho thats life.

camking

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 00:59:05 AM »

i agree and hope that is the case and im sure it probably was. called the flop bet pretty quick but seemed to dwell an awful long time on the turn but hey ho thats life.

We"ve already chatted about it on our team thread.  In summary, it wasn"t a slowroll - it was trying to work out wtf to do in a position where I had a very good hand but one opponent was a slightly-smaller-stacked-than-me team member and the other was a chipped up player (who folded on the turn eventually) with chips that I wanted to win too.  If it wasn"t a team competition, I"m snap calling the river.  I have no idea what the best and fairest way to play against a team mate is.

So, AJDUK, you also need to include the possibility that the player simply doesn"t know what they"re doing ...

Agree 100% on the chat - I rarely look at the chat whilst playing nowadays.  I had some pretty pathetic abuse from one player last season in one game after I knocked that player out (from memory, with a much better hand than they had in the first place!) and once they"d finished, just replied "ty" and left it at that.

frazer

• Bronze Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »

Noticed this last week (week 1) all sorts of abuse and name calling in the chat box

Tonight my fiancee was directly affected being called all sorts of names and coded swearing at her, in all the APAT events I have played this was never a problem, APAT has standards

What has happened to APAT? I thought we were all mature adults who could take the loss of AA like adults! Clearly not in some cases

Dave

Hi Dave , these incidents are rare especially on apat but it"s not nice when it does happen . In my experience of playing in live events with apat everyone I met and spoke too were very friendly towards me and the same on this forum and playing online . The problem we all have is that there are rude and ignorant people in this world and in this case Des and co can try and sort it out but it will never go away , we just have to live with these people . Alternatively of course just turn the chat off , it"s not ideal I know but problem solved . Frazer.

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 20:54:48 PM »
As far as I am concerned, whilst I do not condone abuse, table/chat talk is part of the game. Whilst downright abuse should be frowned upon there is also a line where people react sometimes badly, sometimes on purpose to provoke or induce tilt. If you can"t cope with that then you can block that persons chat, but quite often they give away more info than they get by their antics so can be used against them when playing.  8)