Author Topic: Butchering it at APAT Team Champs  (Read 8500 times)

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Butchering it at APAT Team Champs
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 15:02:16 PM »

This is a case of live by the sword and die by it.

I, for some reason, have a really dirty image too. In this spot I would just try and get to showdown. He"s not folding any bluff catchers simply because of your rep. U just have to have it sometimes and this is a spot where if you do have it you"re getting paid.

Have also heard the hand history re the 42 hand and tbh I don"t think it"s a great play post antes lets alone pre. 3 bet squeezing an utg opener out of the sb when they know who u are isn"t the best idea. Not really great against randoms either

lol George - tbh, I shouldn"t even have opened in the hand in question. But like you say, hands like this get us paid when we do have QQ or 10 10 or all the other hands that I can have in this spot that were beating A8 by the river.

The deuce four hand was ridiculously spewy but it was early and I had driven 240 miles through snow and spray to get there and had folded every hand till that point and Glenn had opened more than his share (turns out he had a hand every time, but who knew?).
At worst though, I end the hand on c14k cos there"s no more to go in after the c-bet gets called unless the miracle cards arrive. Wouldn"t dream of doing that in a DTD/UKIPT at that stage but sometimes we have to uncage the inner-devil.

Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 15:29:12 PM »
FISH
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 15:37:49 PM »

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 16:13:09 PM »
Yeh understand the temptation. Had the old 42 a few times myself. Sure was folding it
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 17:16:20 PM »
Just showdown and take your medicine I suppose. I don"t think you rep a ten but I suppose it depends whether you think the BB will think about it.

Some of the other stuff sounds like FPS/spew when it really isn"t needed in a tourney like this but I suppose something is needed to liven up the early stages!
Looking forward to making my first day 2

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 19:53:48 PM »

Just showdown and take your medicine I suppose. I don"t think you rep a ten but I suppose it depends whether you think the BB will think about it.

Some of the other stuff sounds like FPS/spew when it really isn"t needed in a tourney like this but I suppose something is needed to liven up the early stages!

I posted the hand as a penance really - I know I should just give up on the river, but I was pretty sure that I was losing at that stage and had only one chance at rescuing the situation which was by betting the river and keeping my head down. It wasn"t an insta-call, but it wasn"t a big dwell either.

As for the FPS. I was enjoying myself, which is what APAT events should be about surely? I"ll address the issue more deeply in my TR when I get it finished. Suffice to say I wouldn"t try this in a DTD/UKIPT/GUKPT event, or if I did I"d do it differently... ;-)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 20:17:38 PM »
Yes but you"re posting a hand analysis. If you want to enjoy yourself that"s fine but then don"t ask for advice re hands when you say you"re not playing optimally for whatever reason.

Think of you"re looking for fun try and check raise every street at the next one. I"m gonna try
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 21:43:52 PM »
Yes have fun by all means, but you still want to win money surely? You don`t have to win every hand, sometimes you just gotta let it go.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 07:59:24 AM »
Lol I"m one of the worst FPS culprits, was just saying from a PHA point of view.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 10:18:15 AM »

Yes but you"re posting a hand analysis. If you want to enjoy yourself that"s fine but then don"t ask for advice re hands when you say you"re not playing optimally for whatever reason.

Think of you"re looking for fun try and check raise every street at the next one. I"m gonna try

Sometimes the analysis of even a hand like this throws up a line or two that makes a difference to future play. I could have posted it as a "flipped" hand from FatPants seat and asked whether or not it"s a call on the river vs an unnamed LAG but it felt more appropriate to post it as it was.
I don"t know that playing "optimally" all the way through these tournaments is possible. Assigning an accurate range is so difficult at the best of times, but doing so on a team event weekend seems to me to be even harder.

meh - move on.

Check raise every street as a bluff?

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 13:56:09 PM »
Just to be able to carry out a check raise on 3 streets is hard to do, weather its a bluff or not.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 19:04:02 PM »
Definitely checking behind here. Just going to get called too much if we bet to make it worthwhile.

[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]