Author Topic:  (Read 6381 times)

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 18:07:51 PM »

Quote from: david3103

Let"s consider villain"s attitude here, as I read it. He"s just arrived at the table and he believes he"s the best player at the table (he"s slumming it at £1/£1 and he may or may not be right). He wants to get involved.

You may well be totally correct but that's a pretty strong read considering "He"s just arrived at the table"

Quote from: david3103

I was really feeling it on the night, and there"s a lot of run outs where I can win the hand regardless of my holding. I can fold to a 4bet, and if the OR calls then I"m very sure the guy between us calls too.
I can win the pot on a lot of flops with a c-bet.

Tbh this looks like the sort of thinking I lapse into often myself, usually its through over-confidence and I invariably end up levelling myself for lots of $$$, I now call it reinventing good play. I"m pretty sure its a place most of us have visited once or twice :"(

I was pretty confident of the read on his character, and will stick with it based on subsequent hands. For "just arrived" read an orbit or two. I"d been there for hours though,

You may be right about the "reinvention". Unlikely I"ll learn to avoid it though so I need to learn how to cope with the positions it puts me in.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 20:45:52 PM by david3103 »
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019