Author Topic: Did anybody enter the ISPT from APAT...?  (Read 3792 times)

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
Did anybody enter the ISPT from APAT...?
« on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:35 AM »
 :-X
After reading other sites about this and how people couldn"t figure out how it would work, did anybody ignore all the bad press and enter anyway...?
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Re: Did anybody enter the ISPT from APAT...?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »
I hope not, for their sake.  What a mess from the very start.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 09:44:43 AM »

I hope not, for their sake.  What a mess from the very start.

This, in spades
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 18:22:08 PM »
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »
Ugh.  Didn"t realise Des and APAT got hit in the crossfire of that con job.  Damn.

It"ll go ahead, but it won"t get near the runners they were suggesting.  The GTD prize pool was supposedly secure in a bank.  Then it was lowered.  And then removed. Not a big deal as such, but not good when you"re trying to appear legit. Even one of the guys working to promote it struggles to get correct information from the organisers (ie his co-workers). 

Pity, because if done right, it might have been good fun.

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 14:42:30 PM »
It"s also going to be in the conference centre rather than the stadium, so even the title of the tour has fallen over. Pity really. S7 event 1 ftw.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 17:28:16 PM »

It"s also going to be in the conference centre rather than the stadium, so even the title of the tour has fallen over. Pity really. S7 event 1 ftw.

Dunno about that.  Stephen (carfax) said that was the case on an Irish site, but then I think the post was removed.  I"ve since read on 2+2 it"s a deffo for the stadium, but I"d also read it was a GTD prize pool, so take nothing as gospel with the ISPT crowd.  Every time a rep posts, something changes.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 18:02:40 PM »
It just looked so much like a "never going to happen" event right from the start.

Has everybody already seen this btw

http://bonuscodepoker.com/ispt-announces-day-1-dream-based

Makes as much sense as the explanations for the "guarantee" going missing
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 16:59:37 PM »
I agree with Carl on this. Possibly a great event, but has been a shambles form the start.

Would like to see Stars get hold of the idea, as they are the only ones that could make it happen
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 20:04:30 PM »
I saw it here, but I don"t know what their sources are - prob just the post you saw - so who knows?

http://www.poker.co.uk/wembley-struck-off-the-international-stadiums-poker-tour/

Whatever happens, I"m surprised big name pros like Trickett, Benyamine and Mizrachi put their names to it so early tbh. Think I"d want to make pretty sure everything was watertight first.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 20:42:18 PM »
There is a fair amount of inaccuracy in this thread, as there seems to be in any thread concerning the ISPT. 

The key point of accuracy however is that the ISPT team have found each and every possible way to cock the initiative up!  That said, while the event has been a PR disaster to date, I believe the ISPT team mean well and I"m pretty confident there will be an interesting event held at the end of it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 20:56:30 PM by Des »
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 20:53:33 PM »
I think the best case scenario is that some kind of interesting event gets put on and the organisers lose money.

The worst case scenario is that they do something "creative" like taking a percentage out of the prize pool to minimise this - as it stands I don"t think either one of these is more or less likely than the other.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 23:24:23 PM »

There is a fair amount of inaccuracy in this thread, as there seems to be in any thread concerning the ISPT. 

The key point of accuracy however is that the ISPT team have found each and every possible way to cock the initiative up!  That said, while the event has been a PR disaster to date, I believe the ISPT team mean well and I"m pretty confident there will be an interesting event held at the end of it.

I would be interested to hear your take on it.  What is inaccurate and what is the accurate take in comparison?  

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 00:21:32 AM »

I would be interested to hear your take on it.  What is inaccurate and what is the accurate take in comparison?  

Ha Ha, we could write a book on it.  It"s been an interesting few months.  As Des has mentioned, it"s been a PR disaster, but the internal communication hasn"t been great either.

mfcrocker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 14:12:27 PM »

Ha Ha, we could write a book on it.  It"s been an interesting few months.  As Des has mentioned, it"s been a PR disaster, but the internal communication hasn"t been great either.

Please do, I"ve been following this particular trainwreck fairly closely and it"d be interesting to hear the inside story :)

Also, they"re now partnered with DTD.