Author Topic: WCOAP Online Series  (Read 53743 times)

Supernova

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Re: WCOAP Online Series
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2013, 15:04:05 PM »

Tonight is a night off, with the Main Event starting at 7pm on Saturday night.

Unless you want to try and satellite into the Main Event on the cheap.

£5 Satellite at 7:30pm.  Would be great to get a few seats in the pot from this one, so please spread the word on Facebook, or Twitter.  We"ve posted on both, so you can just share or retweet.

Many thanks

Tonight"s satellite was cancelled with only 4 players regged.  No Facebook likes or shares, two retweets (one being me).  Sorry to those four wanting to play tonight, not much more I can do.

Nope you can"t Leigh, it"s happened twice to a couple of us this week sigh, a bit disappointing really.
APAT UK Team Championships 2011 18th
APAT Welsh Championships 2012 13th
APAT European 2012 6max 3rd Bronze Medal
APAT Home Internationals 2012 Omaha S/E 3rd
APAT WCOAP 2013 Stud S/E 14th
APAT WCOAP 2013 H.O.R.S.E S/E 7th
APAT English Championship 2013 3rd Bronze Medal

HERBIEHACKIT

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2013, 17:10:08 PM »
just remembered why i stopped playing on wil hill. have tried for an hour to make a deposit. called their help line. 1st guy said i have not got a clue m8 i will put you on to some one esle. then i get a dumb bird who hears the start of a sentence and then makes the end up herself. the best she could come up with was delete the site then re load it and see what happens. so guess i am out. why are we using this **** site whats wrong with apat"s own site?
Peter Stringfellow is my hero. i want to grow old disgracefully too.

HERBIEHACKIT

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2013, 17:26:57 PM »
just gets better. 3rd guy says you have 3 accounts and your card is registered to another account. i say no i only have one account. he says just a minute. yes thats right but your card has expired. i point out that my card has not expired and is valid until 10/13. oh well just log out and try again. ****ing class customer none service.

HERBIEHACKIT

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2013, 18:07:45 PM »
at last 4 phone calls and 4th person says no problem i can just take your deposit over the phone. i"m in. shame the other 3 could not have done the same.

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2013, 18:55:25 PM »
Whose "ThatchersDead"?!

sigh
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2013, 18:56:19 PM »
Quick last minute reminder, as have received another text from player not sure of the password.

The password for this event is: apatmemb (note: it is not "apatmember").
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

ashhen

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2013, 19:03:56 PM »
Logged into Wilhill for the first time in ages and I appear to have £100 in there. I feel like Ive already cashed.

Now I just need to work out how to latereg it.

Sillbags

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2013, 19:19:43 PM »

just remembered why i stopped playing on wil hill. have tried for an hour to make a deposit. called their help line. 1st guy said i have not got a clue m8 i will put you on to some one esle. then i get a dumb bird who hears the start of a sentence and then makes the end up herself. the best she could come up with was delete the site then re load it and see what happens. so guess i am out. why are we using this **** site whats wrong with apat"s own site?

I"m sure Des or Leigh will be able to clarify, but it is down to sponsorship. APAT need sponsors as they do not receive the rake or reg fees from their events. Running the online series on APAT client would generate rake, but in turn, lose William Hill as a sponsor. However, although I have not experienced any deposit issues, I agree that William Hill is poor poker site, (possibly the worse skin on ipoker) and APAT members deserve better.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2013, 20:09:55 PM »
Just to put the other side forward.. I"ve only played one of the series.. I"d got back home at 7:59, downloaded the software, installed, logged in, deposited (via PayPal) and was playing by 8:02. No worries. The only problem I had was cold bubbling the medals and money. Purely down to me that though, not the software.

I"m sure if APAT could put all the online games on the APAT site they would. I suspect that the reasons for choosing William Hill would be purely for the benefit and longevity of APAT itself which in turn is for the benefit all its members long term.

In APAT we should trust x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2013, 20:22:44 PM »
Much happier to be playing these on William Hill than on BOSS.... iPoker is a great network, and the client is very robust and stable. Deposited through WH without any issues.

NellieG

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2013, 20:37:42 PM »

GarethC

• Bronze Member
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2013, 21:03:24 PM »
+1 downloaded and deposited within 3 minutes, everything running smoothly.

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2013, 21:05:07 PM »

Whose "ThatchersDead"?!

sigh

sigh 2

I can"t really say too much as I never had the most sensible screenies, but once I matured I soon changed that. Hopefully when this individual grows up, they will see the error of their ways.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2013, 21:48:11 PM »

Whose "ThatchersDead"?!

sigh

sigh 2

I can"t really say too much as I never had the most sensible screenies, but once I matured I soon changed that. Hopefully when this individual grows up, they will see the error of their ways.
[/quote

It"s pretty offensive imo

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2013, 21:58:37 PM »

Much happier to be playing these on William Hill than on BOSS.... iPoker is a great network, and the client is very robust and stable. Deposited through WH without any issues.

Ipoker is a better network than BOSS but William Hill is pretty poor. I registered with them many years ago via a third party before I started playing poker seriously. There was some thing on my account, due to the refferal code, which I think gave free money, that said I could not buy into tournaments for more than $20 or something which is still there now. So I am not able to buy into any APAT tournament on William Hill.

I tried contacting them and explaining and asking them to close the account which turned out to be a total waste of time (as this would apparently be multi accounting). I was not even going to play on the site I just wanted to be able to use it to buy into live event"s. :-)

Bottom line, whilst APAT events are sponsored by William Hill, I am not playing.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.