Author Topic: APAT Satellite Discussion  (Read 3175 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
APAT Satellite Discussion
« on: May 05, 2013, 20:34:49 PM »
I know we have plenty of discussion threads on here about the new season, future events and promotions, but I wanted to open up a specific thread about satellites in to APAT events, whether that be live events, or any of our online tournaments.

Both Matt and myself have regular discussions around what satellite structure we put up for players to qualify for APAT tournaments, but what we seem to be finding is that there is only a small proportion of players that are interested in using the satellite route into APAT events.

Therefore, we want to put it out here for discussion.

Tell us what your thoughts are around APAT satellites. 

Do you play them ?  
Why do you play them ?  
Why don"t you play them ?  
What is an ideal buyin for you ?  
What type of structure would you prefer ?  
Do you just want to guarantee a seat, and therefore buyin direct ?
Would you prefer a "package" style satellite ?

Whether good or bad, we would appreciate your comments.

Many thanks

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
Re: APAT Satellite Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 21:03:40 PM »
Do you play them ?
Will start too

Why do you play them ?  
To get in on the cheap

Why don"t you play them ?  
NA

What is an ideal buyin for you ?  
Dpends on the buyin for target game but a 5-10% rebuy works

What type of structure would you prefer ?  
Cheap rebuys with super addons

Do you just want to guarantee a seat, and therefore buyin direct ?
Would you prefer a "package" style satellite ?

Depends on the event.  Cant see packages being desired as it would offer less seats
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 02:29:49 AM »
I tend to play satellites into events that I won"t play if I fail to qualify. Hence you don"t tend to see me in APAT satellites since I will always play them (unless abroad).
Plus I hate the sw you"re using, BOSS and WH are not on my fav list. In any case there never seems to be many seats on offer in any one event.
I never used to mind the odd $5r/$10 freezeout satellite when we used to pay around 4 seats going back 2 or 3 years. Any more than that for an $82 buyin is too much IMO.
Anything with a super add-on is a con, I won"t play them.
Not interested in package satellites, the pool is so small they won"t get us many seats at all. Unless you are talking foreign excursions. I would play those satellites because it wouldn"t be a given that I go regardless of qualifying.
HTH
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 03:21:07 AM »
Do you play them ?  Yes, if I can play the live event

Why do you play them ?   Cheaper way in, but mainly for the craic

Why don"t you play them ?  If I can"t play the target event or if I have already qualified or if I am too busy

What is an ideal buyin for you ?  one eighth of the buyin to the target event

What type of structure would you prefer ?  not too deep but not a turbo. 100BB starting stack 12 min blinds

Do you just want to guarantee a seat, and therefore buyin direct ? Yes

Would you prefer a "package" style satellite ? not really - never had good value from them. Seat only please and let Paulie sort the rest
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

ajcairns

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 11:54:01 AM »

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 20:26:55 PM »
The APAT tournament live buy-ins aren"t prohibitive. I play the satellites cos I enjoy playing against the APAT players. Also, I"m unusual in that poker.co.uk is my favourite site. I don"t mind what the structure or buy-in is for them.

I have a question though. I won a seat during the most recent set of satellites. I was going to play in one of the other games for the reasons above (I assume you bank the cash if you win a second), but I recall there being some objections when someone did that before and I think Des posted that the sats are intended to give people a chance to get into a live APAT, or something along those lines. I didn"t register and then the satellite I would have played was cancelled due to lack of players. What is the feeling regarding playing satellites if you have already won one?
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 21:25:29 PM »
I"d say play as many satellites as you can and take the cash for 2nd and 3rd wins.

It"s highly preferable for someone to win more than one satellite, than for the games to be cancelled due to lack of runners.

APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 01:18:31 AM »

I"d say play as many satellites as you can and take the cash for 2nd and 3rd wins.

It"s highly preferable for someone to win more than one satellite, than for the games to be cancelled due to lack of runners.

You can tell you"re new  ;D
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »
BUMP

However, I"m kind of getting the feeling that players really aren"t bothered  ::)

If that"s not the case, please speak up

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 14:12:07 PM »
seat only

8-10% get seat

please allow multiple wins to take cash, it could be the difference in the success or failure of these events.

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 14:54:53 PM »

Do you play them ?  Yes, if I can play the live event

Why do you play them ?   Cheaper way in, but mainly for the craic

Why don"t you play them ?  If I can"t play the target event or if I have already qualified or if I am too busy

What is an ideal buyin for you ?  one eighth of the buyin to the target event

What type of structure would you prefer ?  not too deep but not a turbo. 100BB starting stack 12 min blinds

Do you just want to guarantee a seat, and therefore buyin direct ? Yes

Would you prefer a "package" style satellite ? not really - never had good value from them. Seat only please and let Paulie sort the rest

Mostly this

I"d like to see the variety of different buy-ins that we used to have on Stars when it was $20 FO on the Monday, $10 FO on the Tuesday $5 Rebuy on the Wednesday before the click fest on the Thursday. Now that we have our own room, why not have those buy-ins (in Euros now) each night every night for a week just with different start times, say 7.30, 8pm and 8.30. That way if someone can"t make certain days then the game they want to play is on whatever day they can make.

Oh and please take away the "minimum number of players otherwise the game is cancelled" thing. If its a 10 Euro game and only 3 people register, let them play for the 30 WTA and put it toward a seat rather than everyone get nothing.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens