Author Topic: Poker Prop bet - anybody up for this  (Read 89518 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Poker Prop bet - anybody up for this
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2013, 13:54:29 PM »
What gets me is that they are so hard to cash in, but when you make a final table, you may end up with little more than double your stake. The payout is just so top heavy, but even at the final table luck plays such a massive factor.

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2013, 13:56:35 PM »

In the middle of playing 6....

at 125/250 level I"m down to 2 tables... 3 bad beats and a lost race... it"s easy to lose faith playing these...

one min cash for a whole $2.66 and 2/32 in the other

What gets me is that they are so hard to cash in, but when you make a final table, you may end up with little more than double your stake. The payout is just so top heavy, but even at the final table luck plays such a massive factor.

I know I preferred it when it was top 18, as it was a lil better if memory serves
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2013, 13:57:05 PM »

4 more blank blank blank blank tonight ,so far for me it is one cash in 8 games......what should it be normally do people think?

15-20% ITM rate I suspect would be as good as it gets.

I would be surprised if anybody can stay above 15% over a very big sample.

between 12% and 15% is where some of the best players are on these (although they would be better at this level of course)

I"d forgotten that Stars had changed the payout structures to 27 pay rather than 18.

Which means that 15% ITM is average, for the very best players 20-25% should be obtainable at this level imo.

I really don" think 15% is average Dave.

I just had a look on Sharkscope at some of the best on the leaderboard playing these at this level

ljenkinsl90
Lfmmm -
mrGR33N13

These guys are all between ITM 15% and 20% over the last 100 games.

ITM stat is one of those oddly misleading numbers, similar to w$sd for cash players.

At first glance you would think that a player A who wins at showdown 65% was doing better than player B who wins 52% at showdown, however, to have that high a success rate at showdown player A has to be folding the best hand too often and player B will be the more profitable player.

Likewise ITM, the player who aggressively aims for the top heavy prize places over min cashes will have a lower ITM % and a higher winrate.

Bottom line is ROI, or for high volume players, hourly rate, some of the better SnG players are by design breakeven for ROI but generating a healthier hourly rate via rakeback volume.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2013, 14:10:29 PM »

In the middle of playing 6....

at 125/250 level I"m down to 2 tables... 3 bad beats and a lost race... it"s easy to lose faith playing these...

one min cash for a whole $2.66 and 2/32 in the other

I know I preferred it when it was top 18, as it was a lil better if memory serves

And managed to finish 15th for another min cash, 4 way all in with JJ v 99 v AK v A5, then KJ into 88 on a J 8 5 flop :(
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2013, 19:25:09 PM »
Started a session of 9.

1 lasted 1 hand, 44 into JJ, flop J4x where all the money went in

2nd deepest one, at 100/200, it"s flatted twice on my bb, I open shove with KQos, a Russian on the button calls for 60% of his chips with 98os, flop is QQ4 and I lose...

The only 1 I"m left in, 2 shorties shove, I reshove with AJ suited, they have 88 and 22... of course after a 223 flop....

Sitting 13/75 in this one, 8 blanks and I don"t think I"ll be playing any more today..
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2013, 19:34:13 PM »
Played 46 tournaments. ITM - 7 (15% OK) including 3 FTs (6% good) . Unfortunately have finished 7th,8th and 9th in FTs ( Awful !!) . Hence big loss on 73.19. If one had been 2nd I would have been breaking even. Small margins !!

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2013, 20:57:40 PM »
A cash I"ve had a CASH!!! Get in, 8th shame about the other 15 that I didn"t get anything in!  :"(
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2013, 21:15:27 PM »

A cash I"ve had a CASH!!! Get in, 8th shame about the other 15 that I didn"t get anything in!  :"(

Get it quietly FFS!

lol :)  wpwp

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2013, 21:19:04 PM »
Good for the soul init. I am still knocking it in as well btw. Think I need to win one to nearly break even. Thing is the beats and races are expected. Always play for top three.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2013, 21:28:24 PM »
Problem was when I got to FT I had 10k, chip lead had 112k lol
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »
Don"t forget tomorrow is the exciting leaderboard update. Can anybody close the gap on the run away train that is Mark Porter. Who will be showing a profit who will be struggling? How will the group be doing against the games overall.

This is still very early days and the swings in these things are massive so at the moment a loss of around $100 is not that much as long as you are playing the correct strategy you can recover. Volume is the key as you will lose a LOT of races and takes a LOT of beats. You will win as many races though and give as many beats.

We still have over three weeks to pla so it is anybodies game still.

Good for the soul init. I am still knocking it in as well btw. Think I need to win one to nearly break even. Thing is the beats and races are expected. Always play for top three.

That didn"t work btw, I am still in the red *lol* Although the loss figure is certainly now a lot less.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2013, 14:03:41 PM »
Gave some back yesterday. 17 games - a 15th, 12th and 11th.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2013, 14:19:18 PM »

Gave some back yesterday. 17 games - a 15th, 12th and 11th.

oh to have 3 cashes in 17 games!!

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2013, 21:30:24 PM »
Im currently burning money playing a few more.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

ajcairns

• Silver Member
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2013, 22:18:29 PM »
another lolbaad night for me