Author Topic: Poker Prop bet - anybody up for this  (Read 89473 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Poker Prop bet - anybody up for this
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »
Table updated for 15/06/2013

Well amongst the Season Seven annoucement and the Phil_TC Stag arrangements we have another exciting update.

Mark Porter is quite frankly looking out of sight. He is a massive $144 clear at the half way point. Although this is still beatable one of the chasing pack will need to have a great run to challenge him. It is possible in these but Mark has a great game and I expect him to continue to make profit between now and the end of the league so his position is a powerful one.

Rodders (AAroddersAA) and Ger (Duke3016) have given chase though. Ger would not admit him himself but he is a much (and I mean MUCH) better player than he is usually given credit for and if he should put his mind to it then he can go on a run and catch Mark. He is fearless at the table which is important in these games. Rodders (me) can"t play poker but is a luckbox so might even manage to challenge Mark before the end of the league, although the smart money is probably on Ger shooting past me at some point this week.

Behind these three I am, at some point, expecting to see some movement from both Adam Sharples (Sharplea) and Asa (amcgrath1uk). They are both sit n go experts so don"t be surprised to see then shoot up the leaderboard at some point and move into profit.

Our APAT National Champions are not having it all their own way showing just how tough these games really are. Darren Shallis, Stu Ward, Steve Redfern and Brian Yates are all further down than you would expect. Can they get back into profit and show that are still as good as ever. I think they most likely can (well all except Darren, he is a fish - only joking mate *lol*).

The big surprise of the week is to see TallPaul drop down the leaderboard but it really does show the swingy nature of this game. I am very aware that Paul is a winning reg in these games and have shared tables with him before and know his game is strong. However the swings in these games can get the best of us. However for every swing there is a swong and I would still not be surprised to see Paul there or thereabouts at the end of it. His volume is so good having played more than twice as many games as anybody else.

The reality is that at the moment everybody is still in it. Mark is a massive favourite but a couple of deep runs on a couple of finals can push anybody right up and challenging.

So what is going to happen this week?

1) Mark Porter will take his profit above $200
2) Adam and Asa will make moves to challenge
3) TallPaul will swing back up the leaderboard
4) Ger will drink a beer
5) Stu will check into a hotel

Good Luck all
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2013, 10:04:13 AM »
Seeing I"m off Monday through Wednesday, I bloody hope you"re right. Going to give it a bloody good go. Got no other plans so will be 6 tabling these as hard as I can starting tomorrow night.
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

TallPaul

« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2013, 10:37:36 AM »

I certainly hope so, just about to start a long session - my run has to turn round eventually.  Although I"ve been running slightly better in the 8 s - up $650 for those in the month  :)

Rather have it that way round!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:04:11 AM by TallPaul »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2013, 11:00:50 AM »

I certainly hope so, just about to start a long session - my run has to turn round eventually.  Although I"ve been running slightly better in the 8s - up $650 for those in the month  :)

Rather have it that way round!

Definitely the way to do it.

gl today, unless you are in a pot against me of course :D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2013, 12:16:30 PM »
ok i am now officially awake - starting to fire them up  ;D

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:02 PM »
Played all morning, bricked everything but finished with a 3rd for a breakeven session.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »

Played all morning, bricked everything but finished with a 3rd for a breakeven session.

Like trying to chase Speedy bloody Gonzalez. :D

Was actually watching that one, not sure if you noticed I commented good luck in the chat. You were unlucky not to win as the guy who went into the final with half the chips seemed to want to give you all his chips but you lost a couple of races when winning one would have put you in a great spot. Still good work again, warming up for Coventry nicely.

I have only played three but have had a 5th and a 7th (couldn"t convert from either final table d"oh) just under $30 up for the day, so not complaining. Plenty of time for that to change though.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2013, 13:53:13 PM »
One min cash so far - taking a break for a wee while to up my alcohol levels  ;D

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2013, 14:04:12 PM »

One min cash so far - taking a break for a wee while to up my alcohol levels  ;D

A sensible plan when playing these imo.

TallPaul

« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2013, 14:05:59 PM »
Won one at last!  :)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2013, 15:41:52 PM »
I binked an $8 180 man SNG on Stars on Thursday for $396....can I count that as 3 1/2 x $2.50 events please Rodders?
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2013, 15:46:00 PM »

I binked an $8 180 man SNG on Stars on Thursday for $396....can I count that as 3 1/2 x $2.50 events please Rodders?

haha

Yeah as long as you can convince Sharkscope to add it to your results in that fashion :-)

Nice job on binking one of those, these things are not easy to win.

gl for the rest of teh month.

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: June 16, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »
Finally managed a second in one of these to half my deficit (sigh)... playing a few now to try and match that and get into the black!
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2013, 11:41:21 AM »

Finally managed a second in one of these to half my deficit (sigh)... playing a few now to try and match that and get into the black!

+1 managed a 3rd last night and couple min cashes.........clawed some back and gonna hit em again tonight...watch out guys the gumbo is coming!!

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2013, 13:27:39 PM »

Nice one, keep at them today, still loads of time and we are going to see some more swings yet.

Good day on these yesterday for the apater"s it seems. I am playing a session now but not doing so well hoping for an upswing lol