Author Topic: WSOP Fantasy League  (Read 42201 times)

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
Re: WSOP Fantasy League
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2013, 19:24:28 PM »
Oh yeah, I didn"t even know this thing was in. +1 to my observation.

Had I noticed I"d have piped up about it! Agree with Zozzy though.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2013, 19:27:33 PM »
How sic do i feel for picking the wrong bakes!!!
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2013, 22:17:57 PM »
Prob doesn"t affect my chances but when I read rules before signing up I understood it to be POY which was one of my reasons for picking Negreanu tbh....totally forgot about WSOPE still needing to be run though for actual POY to be decided!!

Think that if it affects the winner it should stay as POY but if doesn"t matter then can obv be scrapped and no points given for POS either.....just my opinion but happy to go with majority tbh

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2013, 10:19:31 AM »
I picked Negreanu for the same reason. When I posted before, I thought it was a done deal that he had brought it home and didn"t realise that there was any uncertainty over the POY/POS. I can now see that the organizers" intention was to give a bonus for the Player of the Series, so I don"t mind going along with that.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2013, 10:25:45 AM »
I"d just like to apologise to everybody for the confusion, i will be putting the final results into the database this evening/tomorrow.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2013, 19:32:50 PM »
spreadsheet updated ...

Mint Trav 217

DWH    203

Sillbags 203

The Main Event will work as follows, it is based on accumalative money won and in the event of a tie it will go down to the highest placed finisher. if highest place finisher is the same player it goes down through the team to their second best finisher or third.

I will strike off players as they are eliminated from the Main Event and will start a new thread to keep track of scores.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2013, 23:21:32 PM »
Well done John. Musumeci did the business!

(Though it"s a little closer Chris as you"ve got Mizrachi FTing #59 2-7 triple draw, which he can"t have done if he was 9th).
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2013, 23:28:24 PM »
Was it only 8 handed? if so my bad?

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2013, 07:53:24 AM »
Shaun Deeb busto in the main, what a horrible pick :(

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2013, 10:59:09 AM »

Was it only 8 handed? if so my bad?

6 handed I believe. Would be running out of cards otherwise!
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2013, 23:01:20 PM »
Right guys and girls the series has finished regarding the comp for points over events 2-61.

As it stands with all the confusion regarding the POY/POS it works out like this....

If we was to go on how it finished with the 50 points bonus going to POS as we had envisaged at the start, David Bakes Baker would win and Gazza would overtake John..

If we was to scrap the 50 points bonus John would win, as he would if we continued with 50 for POY.. For Daniel Negreanu.

John has selflessly agreed to go with what we envisaged at the start for POS, this would mean him forfeiting the prize..

As it was a mistake that both myself and Chris did not pick up on when we posted OP, we have been chatting and think its only fair that Gazza and John should share the prize it would be the only fair way around it in our eyes..

We have both learned a mistake and maybe if we do another next year we will be more vigilant when going through and dotting the I"s and crossing the T"s..

Sorry once again to both John and Gazza.. If you can both agree that would be fab, if you would like to discuss further please PM me or Chris..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Gazza

• Bronze Member
« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2013, 17:58:21 PM »

Right guys and girls the series has finished regarding the comp for points over events 2-61.

As it stands with all the confusion regarding the POY/POS it works out like this....

If we was to go on how it finished with the 50 points bonus going to POS as we had envisaged at the start, David Bakes Baker would win and Gazza would overtake John..

If we was to scrap the 50 points bonus John would win, as he would if we continued with 50 for POY.. For Daniel Negreanu.

John has selflessly agreed to go with what we envisaged at the start for POS, this would mean him forfeiting the prize..

As it was a mistake that both myself and Chris did not pick up on when we posted OP, we have been chatting and think its only fair that Gazza and John should share the prize it would be the only fair way around it in our eyes..

We have both learned a mistake and maybe if we do another next year we will be more vigilant when going through and dotting the I"s and crossing the T"s..

Sorry once again to both John and Gazza.. If you can both agree that would be fab, if you would like to discuss further please PM me or Chris..

I think a chop is a fair solution and I"m happy to accept that. It was a noble gesture of John to offer to forfeit the prize, so kudos to him for that. 

I did interpret the post originally to be Vegas, non main event only for the bonus points, as was your intent, but do agree it was a little unclear.  It was still a good competition and was fun to have a sweat, so thanks for all the effort you put in administering it. 

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2013, 20:25:46 PM »
Cheers guys ,

Hopefully next year we will make it even better learning from mistakes made this time. Will make sure it"s not rushed and a better points structure in place,

Thanks to everyone that entered and for being so patient,

Chris

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2013, 02:30:56 AM »
Just back from work (ie Gunwharf £20 FO). I"m good with any solution. As I said, I"m fine with going with the original intention if the organizers or Gazza thought it should be so. It"s not forfeiting if you never won it. Chopping is good with me too (my second chop of the night - got to get up for my other work tomorrow morning).
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2013, 14:28:15 PM »

I think a chop is a fair solution and I"m happy to accept that. It was a noble gesture of John to offer to forfeit the prize, so kudos to him for that. 

I did interpret the post originally to be Vegas, non main event only for the bonus points, as was your intent, but do agree it was a little unclear.  It was still a good competition and was fun to have a sweat, so thanks for all the effort you put in administering it. 

Just back from work (ie Gunwharf £20 FO). I"m good with any solution. As I said, I"m fine with going with the original intention if the organizers or Gazza thought it should be so. It"s not forfeiting if you never won it. Chopping is good with me too (my second chop of the night - got to get up for my other work tomorrow morning).

That"s great guys many thanks for sorting this out in such an honourable way.. Please PM on how you would like to receive your winnings.. PayPal or bank transfer please, leave me the details will send immediately.

Congrats both.. :)
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP