Author Topic: Big 22 Stars  (Read 3940 times)

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Big 22 Stars
« on: June 12, 2013, 22:59:05 PM »
If any one fancies a rail currently 3/31 in Big 22 on Stars erimus14 on Stars

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Big 22 Stars
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 23:09:09 PM »
2/26 -- the mans a fecking machine

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 23:25:48 PM »
GLGL
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 23:30:55 PM »
Clearly bokked. Unlucky Brian, nasty cooler to finish.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 23:34:51 PM »
Should of repopped flop thought he might have ak or aq, cooler either way, oh well always tomorrow cheers for the rail.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 12:38:44 PM »

Should of repopped flop thought he might have ak or aq, cooler either way, oh well always tomorrow cheers for the rail.

Bri

Why should you have repopped the flop on the exit hand? I agree on the hand when you had the set of threes, but not the exit hand. You played it fine imo.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 13:11:26 PM »
Thougths on the 2 hands, when I flopped a set on the 3 heart board my usual play is shove but in this case villain had me covered and I had 70 bigs, obviously let him get there with the heart but was still left with 35 bigs after I called his value bet, if I shove on the flop I don"t think he folds with the ace of hearts in his hand, so would of gone there.

The exit hand I had 35 bigs pre, guy raises utg I flat in big blind with KQ , ranges here for villain are 66+, AK, AQ and most decent broadway cards, flop was AQK, obv flop well but could be beaten, ie trips, better 2 pair flopped straight etc, he leads flop, I just call turn was 3, all in on the river he turned a set.

Thoughts post event, 3 bet pre , he shoves AK, I can fold and find a better spot, he will still set mine with 33 probably but on the flop I would bet or re raise, he would find it difficult to call with 33 in that spot with an AKQ flop.

Even as played if I reraise his bet after the flop , 33 would be in a horrid spot and would be a poor call if he made it and got there, as I said in my blog if I put him on AK, AQ pre, it"s a cooler if it all goes in post flop which thinking about it now should of been my play, it"s a easy game after the event.

Back at it sometime today, bit of a confidence boost in big field tourneys which I am not normally a fan of, got to run pretty golden to get the top spot, someone always does though.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 18:42:25 PM »
Pretty close IMO, depends on Villain. If he can"t lay down AJ/AT and isnt a double barrel merchant then it"s CR/bet/bet all day long. If he"s more competent I"m probably CRing turn.

In position I"m more likely to flat against a wide variety of player types, but OOP you can potentially miss out on value if you check the turn.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 21:52:18 PM »
Dunno if the range quoted by Bri is correct. I think he can have some Ax as well as well as some air but that speech not matter. Looked to me like raising is actually pretty bad. We fold out most of what we beat and get called if we are behind. Still think the way you played the hand is correct would you have raised if you knew he had 33 or say A8?

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 23:12:50 PM »
Flatting flop in second hand is fine there. Raising folds out most hands in his range. Just really ul he had 33 and got there.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 23:17:34 PM »
In the first hand, you need to get it in as soon as possible. You lose value from non heart hands when a heart comes on later streets

Well done on a deepish run. Stars does destroy the soul though when you can"t convert.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 00:34:11 AM »
Tell me about it, played the big $55 tonight, was 40/500, get AA all in v QQ for 100 big blinds, Q was the first card out, was back in the pack but grinded my way into the cash, then shoved a button min raise with K 10 (16 bigs), ofc he has AA , hit my k but the 2cd pair didn"t materialise, $114, perhaps the big $162 tomorrow, think my bankroll management skills need working on  ;D ;D ;D

This was also after losing half my stack on the first hand 2 pair v a set.

Apparently it"s national flopaset against Erimus week, only joking, no doubt I have done the same to others over the last few weeks, all part of the fun.

Keep getting on the horse.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 08:04:35 AM »
Another cash though mate - unreal consistency keep it up :-)

Nowt wrong with a shot at the big 162 as a one off.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 09:52:48 AM »
First hand depends need more detail but note that if you raise with a set on a monotone board the objective is not to get villain to fold NFDs etc, the fact he got there is just unlucky.

Second hand seems like c/c is fine, raising flop seems optimistic unless villain is bad. Just a shame he got there
Looking forward to making my first day 2