Author Topic: APAT Season Seven Announcement  (Read 101408 times)

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
Re: APAT Season Seven Announcement
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2013, 14:19:02 PM »

The added value is an interesting question, as is CoC.

We"ve given away thousands in free entries to everything from the WSOP main event to GPS over the years, but with very few exceptions I don"t think the winners have benefitted massively from attending, experience aside.

I was very pro sending all winners to the WCOAP last year but we decided against at the last minute. The theory in doing it this year is that having all of our main event champions under one roof for one very special event, while not necessarily offering the cash first prize of a GPS or UKIPT, will create a very prestigious event that champions can look forward to through the season, with a Vegas trip added to serious bragging rights the prize. I can see this event being the live stream of Friday night and the most popular of all time.

The content it creates will be superb and it is in this context that a CoC works for me. I wasn"t a fan of the lets get all old champs back as Brian suggested. Perhaps in our tenth year we may have an anniversary special.

Was last season the only season since the start of C o C that was missed off the schedual ?

No, a season"s CoC has only been run once before Carl, in season four.  This would be the second.  It"s possibly something that could become a fixture going forward, particularly given the success of the APAT Awards at DTD last WCOAP.  It makes sense to really encourage all of our champions to go to the WCOAP, for a season ending finale - and in that respect, this is very much a first.

Ok nice one Des.. Was not sure if it had been missed off for a season or two, great idea to bring it back.. Will have to dig out the horseshoe and rabbits foot again this season to give it a crack..
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2013, 14:51:47 PM »

I wouldn"t mind a trip to Yorkshire and I"m sure they could cope but will they do it for the price APAT are willing to pay?

We drive a hard bargain in Yorkshire that"s true but im sure Des could charm them into giving him a good deal  :)

The Mook

« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2013, 15:02:31 PM »
  • Schedule worth the wait!

On a selfish note, yay something in Bristol, just need to understand what it is.
    On a less selfish note, Prague Poker Festival is so huge, getting in on this can only be great news for APAT.

RE The foreign events, any thoughts about satellites offering packages for these?
    Really hope the LPPL will boost numbers for satellites and the online champs (assuming they aren"t all strictly pub players?).

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2013, 15:06:17 PM »

I wouldn"t mind a trip to Yorkshire and I"m sure they could cope but will they do it for the price APAT are willing to pay?

We drive a hard bargain in Yorkshire that"s true but im sure Des could charm them into giving him a good deal  :)

FYP Al.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2013, 15:07:54 PM »

• Schedule worth the wait!

On a selfish note, yay something in Bristol, just need to understand what it is.
    On a less selfish note, Prague Poker Festival is so huge, getting in on this can only be great news for APAT.

RE The foreign events, any thoughts about satellites offering packages for these?
    Really hope the LPPL will boost numbers for satellites and the online champs (assuming they aren"t all strictly pub players?).

Thanks Darren.  Prague is a great scoop, and we were within a hairs breadth of being part of another seriously big world event.  We"ll continue to work on that one, so no clues yet.

We will be pulling together a sat schedule for Prague and of course we hope that event will appeal to a lot of our European members and festival regulars also.

inthebelly

• Bronze Member
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2013, 17:12:45 PM »
is prague really a 4 day event?

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2013, 17:21:43 PM »

Two events Paul - a two day team event and a two day main event.

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2013, 17:50:50 PM »
When is the holding tank for Welsh Event gonna be on WillHill??
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

inthebelly

• Bronze Member
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2013, 17:55:21 PM »

Two events Paul - a two day team event and a two day main event.

In the schedule it states the team event is 2 days and the European championship is 4 days

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2013, 17:57:24 PM »
Edited, thanks.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2013, 18:03:28 PM »
What an awesome schedule, I"ll be at as many as possible, but cant make the first two :(
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2013, 18:27:38 PM »
I haven"t seen any mention of sponsorship this season. Are APAT going it alone now?

Are WH adding anything for us having to sign up / play there?

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2013, 18:35:22 PM »

The added value is an interesting question, as is CoC.

We"ve given away thousands in free entries to everything from the WSOP main event to GPS over the years, but with very few exceptions I don"t think the winners have benefitted massively from attending, experience aside.

I was very pro sending all winners to the WCOAP last year but we decided against at the last minute. The theory in doing it this year is that having all of our main event champions under one roof for one very special event, while not necessarily offering the cash first prize of a GPS or UKIPT, will create a very prestigious event that champions can look forward to through the season, with a Vegas trip added to serious bragging rights the prize. I can see this event being the live stream of Friday night and the most popular of all time.

The content it creates will be superb and it is in this context that a CoC works for me. I wasn"t a fan of the lets get all old champs back as Brian suggested. Perhaps in our tenth year we may have an anniversary special.

Was last season the only season since the start of C o C that was missed off the schedual ?

No real point having it in S6 when there was only one bloke to invite  :P
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2013, 18:42:34 PM »

I haven"t seen any mention of sponsorship this season. Are APAT going it alone now?

Are WH adding anything for us having to sign up / play there?

William Hill have sponsored the next two events Stuart; which we held over from the end of last season to give support to DTD with the ISPT.  We"re in talks with other third parties from event 4 onwards, but WH"s sponsorship effectively supports the budget for the Vegas and WCOAP packages. 

They are offering a deposit £10, get £10 extra for players also.  

gosling67

« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »

Sat 07 Sep 13   LPPL Players Championship   2       Gala, Bristol

Will this only be open to LPPL qualifiers, or can anyone gate-crash?