Author Topic: APAT Season Seven Announcement  (Read 101536 times)

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
Re: APAT Season Seven Announcement
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2013, 13:04:28 PM »
Is it possible to get some official confirmation on how the Cash Tour is going to be run - as there"s nothing mentioning it in the player briefing...
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2013, 13:43:24 PM »
We"ll add a thread on Cash Tour this evening Dave.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2013, 13:58:05 PM »

We"ll add a thread on Cash Tour this evening Dave.

TY :)
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2013, 14:15:27 PM »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2013, 16:01:39 PM »
Can the scoring mechanism for international team events more closely match that of payout structures for standard MTT"s this season please?

In the past, the scoring structure has been relatively flat which has encouraged play to be super tight with the correct strategy being laddering up the points. A top heavy scoring system will encourage play that is more in line with "normal" poker. Not a big gripe but I just find that type of poker more exciting to rail and, if I am lucky enough, play in.

Will also mean that we get through the STT"s much faster.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2013, 16:14:55 PM »
I have to disagree, this isn"t "normal poker"...these are team events and team play (such as laddering) should be part of that.

As I recall, all of the last few team events have been squeakers where the final medal positions mostly weren"t known until very close to the end.

This is how it should be.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2013, 16:35:26 PM »
I agree with Mark; F1 style points for the STTs for me and scoring at the Forum Team event should start much higher (e.g. 50th) otherwise it becomes a complete nitfest... why should a creative, unlucky player get 50 points less than a "sit out"
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: July 12, 2013, 16:41:30 PM »
Agree that forum and pub team events should only reward those that get deep - silly to see people hanging on for another point when still 90 runners in the tourney.

For the international event scoring, I"m split.  I tend to agree that F1 style scoring is better, but the ramp up at the heavy end has to be significant to make it work. In the last event, if I recall correctly, it was 1 point per ladder jump until the last three when it became 2 points per ladder jump.....  I don"t think this has the desired effect in that it just went to a different level of flatness.... I would like to see 15, 12, 10, 8, etc.... or if we really want to reward STT winners, then 20, 15, 12, 10, 8, etc.

All that said, Paulie has a point (OMG - I agree with Paulie on something) that in the last event, it was such a squeaky bum ending that I would be inclined to change nothing.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2013, 16:59:07 PM »

All that said, Paulie has a point (OMG - I agree with Paulie on something) that in the last event, it was such a squeaky bum ending that I would be inclined to change nothing.

Agree with this, it does make it more of a spectacle and the close finishes are great. Even if its more top heavy, you would still expect that to happen though, will always come down to that final MTT.

When I played it did mean that you had to nit it up which is fine, just not that enjoyable to play/rail. Obviously the enjoyment comes from repping for the team.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2013, 17:17:50 PM »

Agree with this, it does make it more of a spectacle and the close finishes are great. Even if its more top heavy, you would still expect that to happen though, will always come down to that final MTT.

When I played it did mean that you had to nit it up which is fine, just not that enjoyable to play/rail. Obviously the enjoyment comes from repping for the team.

there hasn"t been an MTT in the last couple of events - it"s been down to headsup medal playoffs. I"m not a fan of either, however for the sheer excitement factor, the HU playoffs were a fantastic ending to the event.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2013, 17:34:02 PM »

there hasn"t been an MTT in the last couple of events - it"s been down to headsup medal playoffs. I"m not a fan of either, however for the sheer excitement factor, the HU playoffs were a fantastic ending to the event.

OMG...I agree with Steve on something! :)

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2013, 18:23:24 PM »

Actually there has, the Home Internationals in November had a final MTT then the heads up medal matches
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2013, 20:50:45 PM »

OMG...I agree with Steve on something! :)

Get a room FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2013, 21:40:05 PM »
IMO the team events that finished with an MTT have been far more exciting and enjoyable than those that finished with HU. The large number of possible outcomes and strategies needed to negotiate a very complex final and, indeed, last two tables made for some intriguing and hugely entertaining situations, especially for spectators. Much more enjoyable to climax with those than with than sterile HUs.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2013, 22:07:05 PM »

IMO the team events that finished with an MTT have been far more exciting and enjoyable than those that finished with HU. The large number of possible outcomes and strategies needed to negotiate a very complex final and, indeed, last two tables made for some intriguing and hugely entertaining situations, especially for spectators. Much more enjoyable to climax with those than with than sterile HUs.

As a railbird, the probs with the mtt was the mass amount of points allowed
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever