Author Topic: its always the jacks  (Read 10107 times)

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
Re: its always the jacks
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 23:48:15 PM »
We raise from the co and sb jams for 32 bigs, villain should see our range as reasonably weak here ?

We need 45% equity to break even on the call, we don"t risk our tourney life!

say a range of AdAh,AdAs,AhAs,KdKh,KdKs,KhKs,QdQh,QdQs,QhQs,TT-88,ATs+,KQs,AJo+

That"s half of AA,KK,QQ, 88-TT, AJ+ and ATs+ which I think is generous in this spot, nonetheless we have 59.5% versus that range. I like a call here.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 23:59:08 PM »

We raise from the co and sb jams for 32 bigs, villain should see our range as reasonably weak here ?

That"s half of AA,KK,QQ, 88-TT, AJ+ and ATs+ which I think is generous in this spot, nonetheless we have 59.5% versus that range. I like a call here.

We have raised UTG have we not?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 00:22:09 AM »

We have raised UTG have we not?

Are we Credo7 in seat 9
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 11:55:10 AM »
Yes,Credo7, and yes raised Cut off, sb jams, his 3b % 8.7 after 127 hands, that is a bit high so perhaps a call is ok, but still marginal, went with gut and wimped out lol.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 12:33:35 PM »

Yes,Credo7, and yes raised Cut off, sb jams, his 3b % 8.7 after 127 hands, that is a bit high so perhaps a call is ok, but still marginal, went with gut and wimped out lol.

Sorry was not very awake when I made that post, yes we are obviously the cut off. I am obviously an idiot :-)

and yes it is still a call.

Edit:-

Actually looking at this again Brendan is more likely to be right about the range than me. It has to be bigger than TT+ and AQ+

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 14:04:02 PM by AAroddersAA »

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 18:07:03 PM »
How do you perceive your ability vs the table...i think this spot is pretty marginal and im folding in any tournament i feel comfortable.  You have 1 pair, thats all.  If, however, i am sat in an event where i feel my edge is lower, then i call it off there for a huge stack.

Think folding is fine.
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 19:42:58 PM »
Doubt I"d fold. Was a bit meh when I thought we were UTG but not if we are CO. can"t see him jamming so big with the hands we are worried about
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 02:30:10 AM »

How do you perceive your ability vs the table...i think this spot is pretty marginal and im folding in any tournament i feel comfortable.  You have 1 pair, thats all.  If, however, i am sat in an event where i feel my edge is lower, then i call it off there for a huge stack.

Think folding is fine.

With 45 bigs and in 2cd spot, plus quite a few shorties I am ok with the fold, I know if I do win the pot I would be a fairly big chip leader with a decent shot at first place, but if I lose I am in for a min cash so just took the safe route, may be a bit nitty but hey ho.

My mantra over on my blog has been gotta win dem flips but sometimes you don"t have to take them even though I could quite possibly been a 80/20 fav, we will never Know.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 02:48:53 AM »

Think folding is fine.

There is always a tendency to overestimate our edge at the table but when we get down to the last two tables in an online MTT it"s pretty safe to assume that we are among a group of competent players for the most part, so that edge if any is going to be small, we are reasonably shallow also so that edge is even further diluted.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 10:33:34 AM »

With 45 bigs and in 2cd spot, plus quite a few shorties I am ok with the fold, I know if I do win the pot I would be a fairly big chip leader with a decent shot at first place, but if I lose I am in for a min cash so just took the safe route, may be a bit nitty but hey ho.

My mantra over on my blog has been gotta win dem flips but sometimes you don"t have to take them even though I could quite possibly been a 80/20 fav, we will never Know.

Is this the difference between playing to ladder and playing to win?    

personally, if this were a larger than usual buy in tourney, I would possibly fold to look for the ladder progression..... however, if it were a stock tourney in my usual buy in range, it"s a great spot to call and "play for the win".

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
Not laddering at this point, with the amount of shorties about  I was confident about getting similar number of chips of them instead of the only other person who would seriously damage my stack.

Just went with my feeling at the time, as said previously I am happy to flip when required but didn"t feel it in this spot.

As for having an edge at the table I never believe that, I always assume I am the worst, never disappointed then.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2013, 22:55:55 PM »

Not laddering at this point, with the amount of shorties about  I was confident about getting similar number of chips of them instead of the only other person who would seriously damage my stack.

Just went with my feeling at the time, as said previously I am happy to flip when required but didn"t feel it in this spot.

As for having an edge at the table I never believe that, I always assume I am the worst, never disappointed then.

Surely based on the first statement must think you have a significant edge on the table, if that is the case I don"t mind the fold. Would have to be a pretty special case though as to turn down this spot you need a very significant edge.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 09:31:42 AM »
most of any edge at this point comes from knowing when to raise/fold, raise/call etc and manage your stack/assert pressure etc.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

CW86

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
  • King slug
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2013, 15:02:48 PM »
snappado
TEAM GOTHAM (Robin....ffs)