Author Topic: William Hill English Amateur Online Poker Championship, July 6th.  (Read 34832 times)

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
Re: William Hill English Amateur Online Poker Championship, July 6th.
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 22:14:05 PM »
Ahh the great debate SAT or SUN
you all forgot about shift workers ( me  ;) 0
depending on work both can be a pain !!
Really like the idea of a lower buy-in for the online comp

Agree could of found a better weekend to play as BCPC comp on !!

Good luck all playing

APAT PLEASE get off William Hill !!! HATE IT  :-\

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 23:13:52 PM »
Have taken all comments on board and appreciate the support from some of you guys.
Also, I appreciate the comment elsewhere from a member of APAT's Hierarchy that they made sure the live event didn"t clash with with our BCPC event.
 For those of you not in the know, we actually move events regularly to accommodate APAT events and avoid clashes, Cardiff being a case in point.
 It just rankled initially as everyone knows the support the BCPC give to the APAT cause (and always have done).

LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 01:28:55 AM »

Have taken all comments on board and appreciate the support from some of you guys.
Also, I appreciate the comment elsewhere from a member of APAT's Hierarchy that they made sure the live event didn"t clash with with our BCPC event.
 For those of you not in the know, we actually move events regularly to accommodate APAT events and avoid clashes, Cardiff being a case in point.
 It just rankled initially as everyone knows the support the BCPC give to the APAT cause (and always have done).

The online champs has always been the Saturday after the live event so it cant have been a surprise?

Annoying I am sure as I know you planned the deepstack before Apat announced its schedule. Is there any chance of it being moved to Sunday? It just wouldnt be the same without the BCPC donating chips ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:47:04 AM by suzanne »

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 02:23:15 AM »

The online champs has always been the Saturday after the live event so it cant have been a surprise?

Annoying I am sure as I know you planned the deepstack before Apat announced its schedule. Is there any chance of it being moved to Sunday? It just wouldnt be the same without the BCPC donating chips ;)

Not always. It was moved to a Sunday on one occasion last year due to a similar clash.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 02:40:06 AM »
Agree with most things here.

The BCPC members have been a huge part of APAT of the past few years and every effort should be made to try and move the online event this weekend, even if it were to Monday. Fully understand Brian"s frustration, although it could and prolly should have been worded slightly differently.

To be without the Yarmites and associated guests, BCPC members and those on holiday abroad devalues the event considerably, so appeasing as many as possible should be the priority here IMHO.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

haydoms

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 08:03:04 AM »
I know daft question but is there a Poker App for Hills?
I keep finding references to it but can"t find it???

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2013, 09:49:03 AM »
I would always prefer Saturdays for a tournament that runs on the (very good) iPoker structure, and starts with 500bbs. If I recall correctly, this doesn"t usually finish much before 3.30am, which would generally exclude me from playing it if on a Sunday night.

I can understand Brian"s points though, although as others have said, the post further up this thread wasn"t particularly well worded, and probably raised negative objection by it"s wording rather than it"s content.

In essence though, Brian raises a very valid point. Whilst BCPC may not be a significant poker tour in terms of the UK poker circuit and calendar, it is reasonably significant in terms of it"s links to APAT, not least the fact that there will be 20-30 players in the BCPC deepstack event on Saturday 6th July that might otherwise be playing the APAT online tourney.

Brian quotes a very valid precedent from last year when a main event was moved from a Saturday to a Sunday to avoid a clash with a Chezger event - another clash that would have taken ~30 players out of the APAT event.   I would suggest that as grace was given in that circumstance, the precedent should be recognised and equal grace should be considered for this weekend"s events.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »
I haven"t spoken to Matt or Leigh about this, but my view is that we should push back to the following Saturday, which seems a win win on both sides.  It won"t please everyone, but we realise that"s not always possible.  I"ll mention it to the guys and see if we"re tied into the date with WH at all.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 10:12:14 AM »
Sigh.
Deposited last night ready but can"t make the new date if moved.
Never mind.
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 10:21:51 AM »

Has anyone told Stu Oliver? :)

Stuart Oliver is looking for the Season schedule not just details of an individual event, as he thinks its in the best interests of APAT to get the full extent of Season 7 published rather than a drip feed of information.

This is 99% finalised, and will be posted at some point tomorrow.

And then unfinalised and jigged about a bit so as not to clash with something else. Big sigh from me as like Dann I"ve deposited into WH (which rankles anyway) and now may not be able to play if it moves.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2013, 10:33:42 AM »
I can publish my forthcoming stag doo dates if that would help avoid future clashes?  ::) x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2013, 10:45:15 AM »
This has been discussed and unfortunately (or fortunately for some of you) we"re going to have to stick with the published date.  The key reason being it has been published and promoted and the events are sitting in the WH lobby.  So apologies to our BCPC members on this occasion.  Matt is looking to clarify one point before publishing the list but it is our intention that the online championship events will take place on the Saturday following each live championship event.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2013, 12:15:07 PM »

I know daft question but is there a Poker App for Hills?
I keep finding references to it but can"t find it???

Simon, the poker app can be downloaded here for William Hill http://poker.williamhill.com/

Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

haydoms

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »
Cheers Phil, thats the page i keep getting too, maybe i"m being thick still can"t see it (I can see the download for a laptop etc but i mean one for my iphone)????

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »

Cheers Phil, thats the page i keep getting too, maybe i"m being thick still can"t see it (I can see the download for a laptop etc but i mean one for my iphone)????

Don"t think it exists...http://www.williamhill.com/mobile/en/featured/
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”