Author Topic: William Hill English Amateur Online Poker Championship, July 6th.  (Read 34844 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: William Hill English Amateur Online Poker Championship, July 6th.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 18:12:11 PM »
Cool cheers Matt, will just buy in to the main then. Should I wait until the holding tank updates or just buyin now?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 18:44:06 PM »
This clashes severely with Phil TC"s stag do to York and my mates birthday.

Shall I send you dates of all my other social events for the rest of the season so you can clash with those too?

Thanx a bunch guys!!!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 18:53:37 PM »

Cool cheers Matt, will just buy in to the main then. Should I wait until the holding tank updates or just buyin now?

Hi (B)rodders, you can buy-in whenever you like.

Remember, as with all Will Hill touneys, you will not be able to play the Satellites whilst you are registered for the target (Main) event.

So, if you want to play satellites, leave registering for the Main Event until after.
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 18:57:01 PM »

Hi (B)rodders, you can buy-in whenever you like.

Remember, as with all Will Hill touneys, you will not be able to play the Satellites whilst you are registered for the target (Main) event.

So, if you want to play satellites, leave registering for the Main Event until after.

Yeah no problem, gonna be working late the rest of the week so not playing them. Will play the main though.

Supernova

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 19:22:38 PM »

A bit disgruntled that this is on a Saturday Night. Surely a Sunday would be better and probably get more runners as I"d guess quite a few would be online grinding/satting for the majors. To alot of folk it"s a social or family night.

Can someone explain what the criteria was for choosing a Saturday instead of Sunday please?

cheers Shaz
APAT UK Team Championships 2011 18th
APAT Welsh Championships 2012 13th
APAT European 2012 6max 3rd Bronze Medal
APAT Home Internationals 2012 Omaha S/E 3rd
APAT WCOAP 2013 Stud S/E 14th
APAT WCOAP 2013 H.O.R.S.E S/E 7th
APAT English Championship 2013 3rd Bronze Medal

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 19:23:53 PM »

A bit disgruntled that this is on a Saturday Night. Surely a Sunday would be better and probably get more runners as I"d guess quite a few would be online grinding/satting for the majors. To alot of folk it"s a social or family night.

Can someone explain what the criteria was for choosing a Saturday instead of Sunday please?

cheers Shaz

It"s always been on a Saturday night.

For those that can"t make Saturday, there would probably be as many that can"t play Sunday due to work on Monday morning (myself included)

Supernova

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 19:26:29 PM »

cheers Shaz

It"s always been on a Saturday night.

For those that can"t make Saturday, there would probably be as many that can"t play Sunday due to work on Monday morning (myself included)

Ah ok, holds hands up. We obv need a 3 day weekend for balance then. Sigh
APAT UK Team Championships 2011 18th
APAT Welsh Championships 2012 13th
APAT European 2012 6max 3rd Bronze Medal
APAT Home Internationals 2012 Omaha S/E 3rd
APAT WCOAP 2013 Stud S/E 14th
APAT WCOAP 2013 H.O.R.S.E S/E 7th
APAT English Championship 2013 3rd Bronze Medal

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 20:05:58 PM »
10000 chip starting stacks and 15 mind blind levels eh? I may just have to have myself a little bit of that
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 20:13:58 PM »
Can"t play Saturday but will look forward to the rest of the series (pending response to point 3 below). some observations in the meantime:

1. The buy in seems low. Previously this has been $50 and 30 Euros IIRC. Why so low and will it stay so low for the season?

2. The great Sat v Sun debate once more. Will we ever resolve this? I am very much in the Sunday camp and I believe, whilst Steve* correctly points out that Saturdays have been the norm, they haven"t always been as some MEs to close online series were on Sundays last year and we have a great track record of getting good numbers for Sunday league events. I would like Sundays to be considered for the MEs and think you would get more runners

3. Is the intention to stay with WH for the season. I will be VERY disappointed it that is the outcome. APAT members have been clear and consistent on this.

4. I sympathise with Brian on this one (although I don"t necessarily agree with the way he"s expressing himself). BCPC make up a big chunk of APAT and that event has been well publicised. Events are always going to clash sometimes (is that an oxymoron?), but was there an alternative here at such short notice? NB - to change the date would not be unprecented.

*but actually Steve, you haven"t won anything** since 2009 and Shaz won a medal this week so surely her opinion is more valid  ;)

**apart from that new cash thing at DTD

**and that team World Championship thingy
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 21:25:13 PM »
Please get the Online games on boss.....that is all
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 21:33:41 PM »

Please get the Online games on boss.....that is all

Please keep them on Ipoker
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 21:39:09 PM »

Has anyone told Stu Oliver? :)

Stuart Oliver is looking for the Season schedule not just details of an individual event, as he thinks its in the best interests of APAT to get the full extent of Season 7 published rather than a drip feed of information.

This is 99% finalised, and will be posted at some point tomorrow.

After you"ve done that, Stuart has a few questions........
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Starshine

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 21:43:35 PM »
I agree with two previous posts

I would very much prefer would they be on boss, in the apat own pokerroom

it always confuses me that, apat has an own pokerroom and than plays things like this somewhere else, seems bit hmmm to me  ??? ??? ??? ???

I will open a will hill account, even though i really, really do not like the network  :(

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 21:47:38 PM »
I quite like the buyin being low. It"s not like I am going to sit down and single table online and I can play this and some of the regular stars tournaments and a sky tournament at the same time so happy enough to keep the buyin smaller, at $50 I always felt I should try and focus on that table as if it was a live event which didn"t really work out well for me.

The Sat Vs Sun one is interesting. I quite like Saturday, you don"t have to worry about work in the morning and can order a take away to eat whilst playing without having to worry about going straight to bed at the end of the poker. On the other hand I am likely to miss some of these due to watching the football (well still being in the pub after the football) or on a general day out somewhere or on a weekend in London, so I would actually play more if they were on a Sunday, if I was casting a vote though it would be for Saturday.

As for poker rooms WH should not be used unless it is really benefiting APAT to do so imo. I am sure Des is the best man to make this call though and he will do what is best for APAT (In Des We Trust).

If possible this event could have been arranged not to clash with the BCPC event. BCPC are great supporters of APAT but I understand there are always going to be clashes, it is just a bit of a shame.

Will be playing this Saturday though.

it always confuses me that, apat has an own pokerroom and than plays things like this somewhere else, seems bit hmmm to me  ??? ??? ??? ???

Probably better that the answer to this one comes from one of the team but I am pretty sure it will come down to the sponsorship and costs of running the live event (the online event would come as part of the package I would assume as it would make sense). I think that if more of the regs played on the APAT poker room with their general schedules then APAT could hold more events on there (I am as bad as anybody for this btw).

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 22:06:45 PM »
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D