Author Topic: APAT Online Schedule - Season 7  (Read 33080 times)

shug

• Silver Member
Re: APAT Online Schedule - Season 7
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 13:36:20 PM »

The side event will be Omaha. I will post again when we have a confirmed date.

Does that mean I can go to the pub on Saturday night instead of supporting APAT?
2012 Home International Team Championships Gold Medal Winner... SCOTLAND

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 14:37:26 PM »

Does that mean I can go to the pub on Saturday night instead of supporting APAT?

You can certainly go this Saturday, yes. We will post the Welsh Online up with at least 4 or 5 days notice 2 weeks notice, and publicise it via the usual channels, once we have a date sorted.

Edit: 2 weeks notice, not 4/5 days.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 16:14:13 PM by Matt D »
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 14:45:15 PM »

What? Are you telling us that it is cancelled? Tomorrow"s tournament? And we find out today?

Some of us are deranged enough to organise other things around such tournaments.

I had options a couple of weeks ago and arranged things for other weekends that could have been done this weekend. It is now possible that the tournament will clash with them.

Don"t do things like this to us.

We will post the Welsh Online up with at least 4 or 5 days notice

And please don"t do that either. A couple of weeks minimum so we know what we are doing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 15:20:32 PM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 15:25:55 PM »
Sigh.

Find myself agreeing with John Murray (for once)
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 16:07:17 PM »
Sorry if you have arranged your schedule around this game, but the non-event of it taking place was unfortunately beyond my control. I only found out Thursday myself.

Take your point re: notice. I will make sure there is a minimum of 2 weeks.

Edited...

Update: I have posted a notice here: http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=14144.0 so that it"s more visible.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 16:36:46 PM by Matt D »
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 16:47:57 PM »
Agree it"s a pain to cancel at short notice, but tbf the tourney has never appeared in the lobby and there have been no sats (ie the usual run up to an APAT event), so I thought it fair to assume it wasn"t happening anyway.

and apart from that, I just wanted to disagree with Mr Murray to maintain some balance :)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 17:07:15 PM »

Agree it"s a pain to cancel at short notice, but tbf the tourney has never appeared in the lobby and there have been no sats (ie the usual run up to an APAT event), so I thought it fair to assume it wasn"t happening anyway.

and apart from that, I just wanted to disagree with Mr Murray to maintain some balance :)

Pretty sure got on the wrong side of that scale!!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 17:14:15 PM »
Sorry for flying off the handle Matt. I accept that it wasn't something in your control (though it must have been in the control of someone at WH).

I would like to disagree with Steve's disagreement with me though. When I booked my flights, it wasn't apparent that there were no satellites, etc.

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 17:20:43 PM »

Sorry for flying off the handle Matt. I accept that it wasn't something in your control (though it must have been in the control of someone at WH).

I would like to disagree with Steve's disagreement with me though. When I booked my flights, it wasn't apparent that there were no satellites, etc.

No probs John. I undertand your frustration, especially if you"ve arranged flights/holiday for a weekend other that this one so as to avoid a clash.

p.s. we had actually planned not to run satellites this time. As the buy-ins are "only" £16.50 and £8.80, and with the satellites not very well supported last time round, we thought we"d experiment going without for a change... So, the lack of satellites in the lobby would not have been an early signifier of the Welsh Online Champs being cancelled.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 17:55:20 PM »

p.s. we had actually planned not to run satellites this time. As the buy-ins are "only" £16.50 and £8.80, and with the satellites not very well supported last time round, we thought we"d experiment going without for a change... So, the lack of satellites in the lobby would not have been an early signifier of the Welsh Online Champs being cancelled.

Why so cheap? These are special events, and like John, I try to organise life around APAT events..... being so cheap might make them "just another event", which is a shame.  They used to be $50, which felt about right, and they usually got a good take up with 100+ runners.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 18:46:30 PM »
Funnily enough the reduction in price means Debjani and I will perhaps play a few (once we shifted away from poxy WH that is). We don"t have the time to satellite in, so paying $55 each a pop was never going to happen for us.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 21:45:29 PM »

No probs John. I undertand your frustration, especially if you"ve arranged flights/holiday for a weekend other that this one so as to avoid a clash.

Just a weekend in Dublin.
It might be okay anyway - maybe the family won"t mind if I play online while visiting them.    

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2013, 21:51:15 PM »

Just a weekend in Dublin.
It might be okay anyway - maybe the family won"t mind if I play online while visiting them.    

Do we know a date then? Or is John away every other weekend than this? Have you stumbled on a way to make him go away? Are you selling percentages of the patent?
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2013, 00:04:02 AM »
I missed Wales, am away for Ireland, cant make Scotland , have a wedding for the team event and now you take the online off me too.
 May as well not bother with this season at all then.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2013, 10:07:07 AM »

I missed Wales, am away for Ireland, cant make Scotland , have a wedding for the team event and now you take the online off me too.
 May as well not bother with this season at all then.

Nice work guys.