Author Topic: Football pre season bets  (Read 2739 times)

Denis67

• Silver Member
Football pre season bets
« on: July 30, 2013, 20:23:04 PM »
Before I go mad with my pre season football bets I just wondered what you wise people in the APAT community fancied? Normally swerve the Premiership as there"s not usually much value but it could be a bit more open this year......Championship, League 1 and League 2 winners last year were 12/1, 14/1 and 22/1 respectively....could do a few more APAT tourney"s if I could get that lucky....all expert opinions would be most welcome as well as a few tips on how to win an EPT.  Thanks.   ;)    
Baldrick, we're in a very sticky situation, we're in the stickiest situation since stickty the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Football pre season bets
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 20:38:15 PM »
Premier - Man U
Championship- Bolton
League 1 - Preston
League 2 - Bristol Rovers

No skill involved in those picks (as I know feck all about football) just random names really but I might just do a bet.

Denis67

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 20:52:00 PM »
You could do a lot worse than that Ger even though I know football is not your fav; had the pleasure of meeting you a few years ago at the Vic and your stories had me in stitches for weeks!    
Baldrick, we're in a very sticky situation, we're in the stickiest situation since stickty the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 21:31:24 PM »
Colchester Utd to finish top half of league 1 @ 9/2. As an extension of that, taking them on handicaps could be worthwhile (+31 @ 20/1).

Last season (20th) was the first time since 04/05 they"d failed to finish this high in the football pyramid. Down to a change of manager and injuries - new manager has resigned last season"s loanees, form with them in the team was comfortable top half.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 22:35:06 PM »
There is no way ManUre will win the league this season. Lay Lay Lay
and back them to finish outside of the first two..... Good odds for this.

no Fergie
#RIPManU
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

Kronsdat

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 00:08:10 AM »
Guys, you should give the mug punting a swerve and get into "matched betting".  It"s a great way to build up the bankroll.  If you want to find out more try http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41 or just google "matched betting" to find out how it works. 

Currently I am milking the various bookies who are doing "refund on second" offers for Glorious Goodwood.