Poll

If you could remove one thing from the poker world ?

Players wearing sunglasses indoors
1 (1.8%)
Slowrolls
8 (14.5%)
Players using headphones at the tables
3 (5.5%)
Online chatbox abuse
2 (3.6%)
Ladies only tournaments
4 (7.3%)
Rude and abusive behaviour towards dealers and/or other players
37 (67.3%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: APAT Asks The Question #3  (Read 8966 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
APAT Asks The Question #3
« on: July 22, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »

If you had the power to remove something from the poker world, for the good of everyone involved, what would it be ?

We"ve selected a few options, so vote away, but feel free to add a post if there is something you"d love to see the back of.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
Re: APAT Asks The Question #3
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 12:55:51 PM »
Nothing up there personally, can think of arguments on both sides for all 5 of them.

The three main things I would get rid of in the poker world all relate to cash poker - shortstacking, bumhunting and hit & running. I would love to see a poker site where there was one buyin per level = 100bbs. There would be no arguments then - you either sit down with 100bbs or you dont sit down.

The arguments for getting rid of the other two have been raised over and over again so I wont repeat them all here, but both are cancers on the game and put people off playing.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 13:01:43 PM »
Not quite covered by the options above but just a general observation about live poker at low-ish levels. I"d like other players to keep the speed of the game going. I"m not talking about tanking over difficult decisions or even "balancing" your decision time post-flop. Most of my gripe concerns the excessive amount of time people take with simple pre-flop decisions, these are usually in the following 2 categories (some of which is covered by the voting options):

- People who tank-fold 100% preflop, they probably think they are "balancing their folding range decision time", they aren"t, they are just making themselves look stupid and being generally annoying.
- People simply not paying attention to the action and having to be constantly reminded/nudged - sometimes borne by the fact that people wear headphones/watch ipads without considering how it affects their attention on the game.

I"d also like to add that I can"t stand players that abuse dealers/staff. I saw it at the last APAT I played at DTD and it leaves an unpleasant taste. Fortunately I busted the guy that was responsible and enjoyed doing so.

I voted for slowrolls but obviously understand that one person"s slowroll is another person"s difficult decision. However I generally don"t like any bad etiquette or angling at the table. One way of overcoming this would be to make everyone showdown at the river - most bad feeling in poker arises due to the showdown rules.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 13:33:17 PM »
Not sure any of those options would be a priority.  I"d like to see rude and abusive behaviour to dealers and other players punished and therefore removed from the game.

Other than that, can we remove the river card please?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 13:36:58 PM »
I hate dealer abuse, it is unbelievable that people do this, playing at the Manchester G ( which, by the way has had a massive overhaul of the card room and is now excellent!) a busted player started to verbally abuse the dealer at which point the dealer just burst out laughing, and the guy just had to slope off, great attitude from the dealer on this occasion, but instant bans, penalties should be handed out for dealer abuse.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 13:37:50 PM »
Have added another option (You can change your vote is you like)   ;)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 13:47:18 PM »
I cringe at unwarranted dealer abuse (I"m the only one who"s voted for it so far), but what really annoys me are people who think it"s okay to use those newfangled glass tube cigarettes at the table and bellow smoke out everywhere. It"s still smoking !  >:(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 14:01:58 PM by ian.ski309 »
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 15:17:41 PM »

I cringe at unwarranted dealer abuse (I"m the only one who"s voted for it so far), but what really annoys me are people who think it"s okay to use those newfangled glass tube cigarettes at the table and bellow smoke out everywhere. It"s still smoking !  >:(

+1

I voted against headphones, but I"d gladly change it to voting against those horrible things.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 15:27:26 PM »
I voted for the sunglasses but now changed it to abuse the dealer sorry not to abues the dealer. But still hate people wearing sunglasses

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 15:33:15 PM »
BRIAN YATES .....hahahahahahahaha ,,, only kiddin mucka
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 16:14:08 PM »

BRIAN YATES .....hahahahahahahaha ,,, only kiddin mucka

See, I put a similar comment about another apat member and it was deleted!!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 16:19:56 PM »
Ban wheelchairs. Give someone else a chance of winning something  ;)

Seriously, the big bug bear of mine is non-standard rules. E.g. I see that the EPT don"t require you to show your hand to claim the pot even when there"s a river shove and a call. If the shover mucks the other guy gets the pot without any cards having to be shown from either side. There"s so many variations of what you can and can"t do on showdown and in what order etc it"s baffling/frustrating.
Also betting lines, forward motion, string bets, acting out of turn yada yada
One game, one set of rules everywhere.

PS saying in Vegas "that"s not how we do it in the UK" is one of the most funniest (to them) and embarrassing things you can say to one of their TD"s  ;D
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 16:21:12 PM »
nothing really bothers me from that list, apart from the last one which does sicken me when I witness it. Easy vote IMO
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 16:47:22 PM »

One game, one set of rules everywhere.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 18:02:40 PM »

Ban wheelchairs. Give someone else a chance of winning something  ;)

Emma gives pucka piggy backs.. Just saying  ;)
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP