Author Topic: Prop Bet or Challenge for August  (Read 2839 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Prop Bet or Challenge for August
« on: July 25, 2013, 09:50:31 AM »
Hi Guy"s

We had one of these in June that went well. I am happy to run another one in August, say we run it from 1st Aug to start of UKCOAP (23rd August?). I like these as it provides motivation to grind the games.

What would people want to take part in them, the options I can run are below:-

1) $2.50 games same as June challenge. These games are brutal in variance but they run often enough that you can survive the variance. Their volume is unmatched anywhere.

2) $3.50 45 man games, both turbo and non turbo apply. Means that you can play lots of games and you can choose if you prefer the faster game or the slower one.

3) Combine the 180 manners and allow $2.50 games and $4.50 games which again allows people to play the faster or slower games.

4) Combo of all of the above

5) Any games below $5.50 counts play what you want

Most profit wins whatever the games.

My choice would be 3.

We could do a $10 entry with prizes based on number of entries.

Anybody interested?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Prop Bet or Challenge for August
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:50:43 AM »
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
I was listening to the ITM podcast yesterday, and they were talking about a fun game on Stars.... it"s an $8 hyper turbo double shootout, with $215 Sunday Million seat up top (which can of course be taken as T$).  It"s 36 runners, and you play a 6 handed table, win that and you"re in the money.... winner of the final table gets the $215 top prize.

As Hyper Turbos, they only last around 10 minutes, and they fill up really fast..... might be a decent challenge....

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »

I was listening to the ITM podcast yesterday, and they were talking about a fun game on Stars.... it"s an $8 hyper turbo double shootout, with $215 Sunday Million seat up top (which can of course be taken as T$).  It"s 36 runners, and you play a 6 handed table, win that and you"re in the money.... winner of the final table gets the $215 top prize.

As Hyper Turbos, they only last around 10 minutes, and they fill up really fast..... might be a decent challenge....

Are they the ones "fish and chip" grinded a few years back?

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 10:59:55 AM »
2, 4 or 5 for me

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »

Are they the ones "fish and chip" grinded a few years back?

Those ones don"t exist any more - I think these are the replacement. Previously they were full ring DS, 1500 SS, with both a 10 min clock and a turbo offering, and buy in was $10.70, and they needed between 30 and 100 to run, and ran at scheduled times (two per hour)

Now they are SNG with 36 runners, 6 handed DS, 500 SS and 3 minute clock. $8.16 buy in, 1st gets $215, 2-5 get $16, and 6th gets $9.

Great if you understand push/fold poker.

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 22:57:44 PM »

Brilliant Podcast, with very funny presenters!
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever