Author Topic: Players needed for "Team APAT" @LPPL Interleague Challenge.30th Nov, South Yorks  (Read 47098 times)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
Thanks for the update Matt. Enjoy Bristol and have a great holiday !
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
Just thought on, if it involves anything other than Hold "em count me out....  :-[
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
bump

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Apologies. Had so much work on my return from hols, that this has taken a bit of a back seat. Not going to be around now until Monday, but 100% promise that I will pick the team by Tuesday 10.30pm.
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
I did mean this Tuesday (24th), but alas I have had to delay by 24 hours.... Announcement to follow in the morrow.
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
You have learned very well from Des :)

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
Be looking for players for the 2014 tournament at this rate....... ::)

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Finally, here is my team selection.

Before revealing the list (though I guess most of you will scroll to bottom to read it first anyway!), I"d like to say a massive thanks to everyone who put their names forward. I didn"t like having to let some players down by not including them in the team, but unfortunately with 20+ applicants and just 12 spots, that does mean some will have missed out :(

My method of choosing was a mixture of the following:
* rewarding players for supporting LPPL events in the past (e.g. I was particularly impressed to see Tony Trippier, Craig Dawson, and Brian Yates travelling to Bristol for the recent Pub Player Poker Championships - especially Craig who I believe made a 4+ hour journey each way).
* picking players who have supported the online IPO league over the last 3 months (e.g. Bill Sheppard who has played dozens of games each "season")
* players who have supported my pingpong/wakeboarding events in the past ;) :D
* random picks for the rest (5 or 6 of you got in on a random draw - overseen by a Justice of the Peace). It was truly impossible to pick, and with twice as many applicants as spaces - with all deserving for the pick, this seemed the fairest way to fill the spaces.
* in no way was it a "popularity contest". I realise that some I haven"t picked may fall into the categories above, perhaps even above players I have picked. For that I"m sorry.

Hope that"s cool with everyone :) Those I haven"t picked who want to play next time will be given priority over those who play this time (aside from say, the highest 2 or 3 scoring players this time out, who may well warrant re-selection).

If you"re unable to make the event, please let me know ASAP, so I can pick a replacement or two. Please note, at the time of writing there is no "prize" for this event, we"re playing solely for "APAT pride" and to teach those LPPLers how to play the game :D Again, if this affects your decision to play, please let me know ASAP. (there may well be prizes come the time of the event).

Team
Matt Dale (captain).
Tony Trippier
Wayne Parker
Ian Szerlowski
Adrian Long
Pedro Simoes
Stu Ward
Bill Sheppard
Brian Yates
Craig Dawson
Chris Hiam
Warren Fenwick

We need a theme tune, and team colours/uniform. I"ll be wearing my favourite turquoise APAT shirt, but can change to a different colour if needed. Will PM team members to sort uniform. Feel free to make theme suggestions here, though I do quite like (the played to death) Daft Punk - Get Lucky.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
I"ll hopefully be wearing an Apat Baseball Cap ...  ;D  ;D

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Thank you Matt I am proud to be a member of Team APAT. I"m sure it will be a lot of fun.
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

galvo68

GOOD LUCK TO THE CHOSEN TEAM SOME GREAT PLAYERS,JUST WONDERING AS I WASNT PICKED WOULD I STILL BE ABLE TO GO ALONG AND SUPPORT THE TEAM AS I LIVE CLOSE BY. 8)

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety
yes mate, youd be welcome to attend and support the guys

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
Just need to break the news to the Mrs now... Shouldn"t really be a problem though...  ;D
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

MarkTheShark

• Platinum Member
    • The Pokeriety

Just need to break the news to the Mrs now... Shouldn"t really be a problem though...  ;D

you"ll still be drying out from the IPO Mr Sheppard by the time you get to Doncaster in a Team APAT shirt!!!

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member

GOOD LUCK TO THE CHOSEN TEAM SOME GREAT PLAYERS,JUST WONDERING AS I WASNT PICKED WOULD I STILL BE ABLE TO GO ALONG AND SUPPORT THE TEAM AS I LIVE CLOSE BY. 8)

Hi Rita, of course. Would be good to see you there :)

In fact, we may well yet have dropouts (will PM everyone to get confirmations), so would be cool to have a couple of reserves handy.