Author Topic: No Welsh Online Championships this Saturday.  (Read 8859 times)

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
No Welsh Online Championships this Saturday.
« on: August 09, 2013, 16:35:57 PM »
Huge apologies, but due to a problem with results feeds for our online tourneys we are unable to run the Welsh Online Championships this weekend. I posted on the "APAT Online Schedule - Season 7" thread on Thursday night, but aware that not everyone will have seen that notice, I am also posting here.

We hope to rearrange very shortly. I will post up, with a minimum of 2 weeks notice, once we are able to sort the problem - and therefore confirm the date for the game.

Again, apologies for the (very) short notice, and if this has messed up your plans for Saturday night. Unfortunately the problem we have encountered has been somewhat beyond our control, and very "last minute" :(
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: No Welsh Online Championships this Saturday.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 17:09:13 PM »
 :(

Given the problem with the results feed I hope my silver medal from the previous WH online event is safe!

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 17:10:23 PM »

Given the problem with the results feed I hope my silver medal from the previous WH online event is safe!

Yes, nobody will lose out on medals or points earned in previous games.
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 17:12:34 PM »

#

er.... silver medal from online WCOAP 2011?  (When Tod Wood won - he got his Gold medal I believe).   Asked a few times, but gave up :)

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 17:17:15 PM »

#

er.... silver medal from online WCOAP 2011?  (When Tod Wood won - he got his Gold medal I believe).   Asked a few times, but gave up :)

Ah (not Ace of hearts, more an "ahhhh"), that was way before my time. Let me post one out to you at the same time I arrange the next batch to be posted. (noted on my list of "medals due").

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 17:50:19 PM »
I don"t want mine posted, I want it delivered with a smile, hand shake and photo please  ;D

saves postage costs too  :)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 17:52:19 PM »

#

Ah (not Ace of hearts, more an "ahhhh"), that was way before my time. Let me post one out to you at the same time I arrange the next batch to be posted. (noted on my list of "medals due").

:)  Thanks Matt!  Dont post it - save postage, and see you at the next event.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 18:50:46 PM »
Matt, while you"re at it I have 3 golds and 2 silvers from before your time too that were never sent. Don"t worry about the bronzes.Thanks mate.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 19:51:41 PM »

Matt, while you"re at it I have 3 golds and 2 silvers from before your time too that were never sent. Don"t worry about the bronzes.Thanks mate.

Team events don"t count Andy ;)

Tiger-flash

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
  • East Midlands capt
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 13:52:57 PM »

Huge apologies, but due to a problem with results feeds for our online tourneys we are unable to run the Welsh Online Championships this weekend. I posted on the "APAT Online Schedule - Season 7" thread on Thursday night, but aware that not everyone will have seen that notice, I am also posting here.

We hope to rearrange very shortly. I will post up, with a minimum of 2 weeks notice, once we are able to sort the problem - and therefore confirm the date for the game.

Again, apologies for the (very) short notice, and if this has messed up your plans for Saturday night. Unfortunately the problem we have encountered has been somewhat beyond our control, and very "last minute" :(
glad i"ve seen this... thanks for letting us know Matt, dtd it is later then  ;)
Apat Notts player of the season, season 5
Brookfield pub Redtooth champion
Darly Abbey pub champion

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 14:20:08 PM »
Just reread Matt's post. The tournament has been cancelled because an automatic feed of the results to APAT is not working - is that correct? Why didn"t someone just watch the game and write down or screenshot the result?
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 15:42:31 PM »

Just reread Matt's post. The tournament has been cancelled because an automatic feed of the results to APAT is not working - is that correct? Why didn"t someone just watch the game and write down or screenshot the result?

We could have done this, but working out who is who from a list of 100 players isn"t easy, especially when many players use a unique nickname different to their APAT forum or APATOnline nickname .

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2013, 16:34:39 PM »
Just seen this after upsetting the Mrs by telling her I didn"t want to go out tonight.

Bit disappointed after being told for a certain other event that things could not be changed at short notice as the event had been heavily advertised.

Can only assume that this one hadn"t been advertised then, else obviously it couldn"t have been moved as it has  ;)
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 16:36:30 PM »
....oh, and fully expect the new date to be either the 24th (Goliath), Sept 7th (LPPL Bristol) or 14th  (when I go on holiday).
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2013, 18:36:24 PM »
Seriously doubt its going to be the 24th - we"re all at DTD that weekend!
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]